It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Max Baucus DRUNK On The Senate Floor...A Disgrace

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
HOLY COW,

why didn't somebody stop him, from making a fool of himself?

I am not surprised though, I come from a political town, they are in the bars all the time,

Next time you see them up and about and rackin' up the tab, try to see which credit card they happen to use.
Something tells me WE are paying for their drunken tirades.

...burp.

Something tells me WE are paying for their drunken tirades.

Has there ever been any doubt?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Sen. Baucus will most likely face Admonishment at the hands of the Senate Select Committee on Ethics just as they did with Sen. Wilson.

Will be interesting to see what comes of this.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
I say we should get the entire Congress drunk and keep them that way for the next three years. They will do less damage that way.

I think the drunkenness may be part of the problem, along with what ever anti depressants they are on,

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Seems like a very low quality video with distorted sound.

Here is clearer footage of the speech.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deny Arrogance
Seems like a very low quality video with distorted sound.

Here is clearer footage of the speech.

Not sure, it is hard to say,maybe he only had a few,

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Uhu, that cleare video makes it even CLEARER that he is effin drunk off his ass.
I wonder What his constituents think about this guy?

Any Montanans around? What is the word on the street in Montana?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm sure someone's mentioned this already, but you know, Congress used to be even more intense and um "disgraceful" over a century ago back when the foundations of our country were created.

People were drunk, people cursed each other out, people beat each other up.

So really this isn't that bad, comparatively.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
He was at the same party I was at.
So we're sitting around the table on christmas day geting ready to eat, when the severed head of Dwight Eisenhower in a bell jar with obviously too much to drink starts rambling on again about the military industrial complex. It happens every christmas and normally we all just let him get it out of his system. This year though, Enlil the supreme earth commander of the annunaki ground forces and gold mining operations and his best friend Leonard Nimoy interrupted Ike and announced their plans to wed in the first ever ET/Human gaylien ceremony on 12/21/12.
I dropped my drumstick into my lake of gravy mashed potatoes and splashed it all over Barracks brand new extra wide bright red tie.
As the gravy soaked into the silk fabric it revealed a hidden treasure map and text with directions to the super secret underground base containing noahs ark, the rothschilds gold stores, and video of the paul mc cartney doppelganger face transplant procedure.
All of this being old news to cheney since he and his coporations actually built the underground bunker in 531 bc, seemed to just annoy him and he leaned over and handed me a half melted barbie doll with a key sticking out of the top of her head, pointed to a large wooden door and in the most beautiful spoken pig latin ever said, "it's time, for you, to unlock the door".
Cheese cake I thought, Dick has hidden the cheese cake behind that door?
I stepped quickly across the room, past the giant flaming owl, past the humming ark of the covenant, yet each step seemed to put me further and further from the door. I started to run and I then noticed a swirling blue and white spiral form in front of me. I was instantly slammed against the wooden door with a great force, like a massive hand grasping my back and pushing me. I inserted the key into the lock and turned it.
The door disappeared and the twin nicks flew into the room.
Nickola Tesla and Nicolas Cage.
Hovering above the table they folded a one dollar and twenty dollar bill into secret shapes revealing the name of the universal ruler of the entire seen and unseen worlds.
thebsreport.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
So really this isn't that bad, comparatively.

Oh sure...of course, unless it was Newt Gingrich drunk off his ass and slurring in the senate, being the REPETITIVE DRUNK...
Then this would be major MSM news, leading story of course.

I barf everytime I type MSM...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Maybe they should take breathalyzer test before the speak, lol

I shudder to think how many inebriated politicians may mistakenly think that they're voting for another round. That would explain a lot.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Any Montanans around? What is the word on the street in Montana?

They are all passed out by now.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Darn it, since he is not exactly a household name, this will not be deserving of its own SNL skit.
There must be a drink in Montana named after this guy.

I'l have what the Senator is having.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Usually citizens are selectively treated in media either to congresspeople who are gifted orators or those who happen to deliver a great speech. We miss 99.9% of what is said during sessions of Congress.

Although I have faulted Sen Baucus for being drunk from all his baksheesh from pharma/health ins groups and his stupid thinking that the few sens who crossed the aisle in a show of bipartisanship would continue to stand with him, I must say that what I hear in the video is the speech of someone with a speech impediment, as I have heard him speak before a camera on the news, and that was my first thought then.

This misrepresentation of a speech problem as drunken speech is done out of ignorance at best or meanness at worst. I doubt fellow congresspersons would fault him for raking in cash from corporations. As in sports, so it has been in politics of late: if you can't win by playing fair, then play dirty. Ask John McCain and Max Cleland about their losses to dirty politics.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

The only thing that surprises me about this video, is that no one in the room (republicans) had the balls to stand up and say, "sit down you bumbling drunk idiot! You want us to consider your healthcare ideas? How about considering AA?"

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert
I must say that what I hear in the video is the speech of someone with a speech impediment,

Oh sure..of course a speech impediment. No no...you're right he must be tired too, and a speech impediment .

If it looks like a drunk and talks like a drunk, and gestures like a drunk and PROBABLY SMELLS like a drunk...it is a speech impediment, why didn't I think of that?
Oh yeah, I'm not a liberal apologist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join