It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Max Baucus DRUNK On The Senate Floor...A Disgrace

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

My son's divorce Judge in Kane Country Illinois - When I approached the bench his breath almost knocked me over with the scent of whiskey - it was 10:05 AM.

No surprise.

Our top law makers and "enforcers" are for the most part arse*&%$#$'s.

Ever wonder why our "laws" are getting more and more inane with each passing year?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Is this guy a Kennedy?
I bet drunkenness in congress is much more prevalent than one might think. I mean, to sit there and listen to the droves of BS nonsense...I wouldn't be surprise if it was revealed that they are doing illicit substances, to bide the time, as well.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

They have no regulatory body OUTSIDE of themselves to make sure they are not coked up/drunk/ or whoring around while they are supposed to be working.
They need to be held accountable on the job same as every other American.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
At least that man isn't president:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

"Whiskey River, take my mind
Don't let a memory talk to me
Whiskey River, don't run dry
You're all I got, take care of me"

- Willie Nelson

[edit on 28-12-2009 by Hemisphere]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
reply to post by Stormdancer777

They have no regulatory body OUTSIDE of themselves to make sure they are not coked up/drunk/ or whoring around while they are supposed to be working.
They need to be held accountable on the job same as every other American.

Isn't it odd, my son gets drug tested for a dishwasher job,

yet the people who run the country and enforce these lame laws, get a pass,

No wonder the world is going to hell.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Ah yes, the two wrongs make it right theory. I forgot about that one.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It was pointed out to me he created a new word, senatorcrats, lol

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Isn't it odd, my son gets drug tested for a dishwasher job,

yet the people who run the country and enforce these lame laws, get a pass,

No wonder the world is going to hell.

That just points out what your son does is more important that what these clowns do. Your son serves the greater good. We should be more appreciative of the people that do the real work in our world. It adds value to our lives and yet we devalue their work and effort at every opportunity. Go to the big box store for the cheaply made imported crap. We all do it. And there we can devalue the work of people in exotic far off places. People's work should have more value than the goods produced. We are all dependent on each other for making our lives better. Sorry to get sidetracked there Stormy. Pardon the interruption one and all.

This Senator only serves himself but in a number of ways. Bottoms up Max!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

That just points out what your son does is more important that what these clowns do. Your son serves the greater good. We should be more appreciative of the people that do the real work in our world.

Amen hemi

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I was going to mention how does this Senator's behavior differ from the late Ted Kennedy (there was a very good reason why a US Senator was on the TSA No-Fly List after all!) but someone beat me to the punch.

However, don't think that his behavior will go unpunished!

He will have to answer to the US Senate Select Committee on Ethics. He will most likely face Admonishment, although he could face Punitive measures, or even a Vote for Expulsion, leaving his seat on the Senate vacant until filled by an Emergency Vote in his home state.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

He will have to answer to the US Senate Select Committee on Ethics. He will most likely face Admonishment, although he could face Punitive measures, or even a Vote for Expulsion, leaving his seat on the Senate vacant until filled by an Emergency Vote in his home state.

It is a bit late to prove this now,

Maybe they should take breathalyzer test before the speak, lol

They will say he was having health issues, or a bad reaction to prescribed medications,

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
and so it begins,

www.sfgate.com...?blogid=95&entry_id=54202

He was just tired,

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

Wow that's painful and funny to watch. I mean i'm ok with someone drinking but when they're meant to be doing a job as important as his you woud think he could hold off for the day. Unless of course someone spiked his drinks at lunch.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

It is a bit late to prove this now,

Maybe they should take breathalyzer test before the speak, lol

They will say he was having health issues, or a bad reaction to prescribed medications,

The Senate Select Committee on Ethics is not a Criminal Court and therefore aren't bound by requiring demonstrable proof. All that needs to be done is for a Motion to refer the incident to the Senate Select Committee on Ethics for review, and for that Motion to be Seconded. At that point, the Senate Select Committee will have a hearing and determine what course of action to take.

Of course, Admonishment is not a very harsh penalty. A sternly worded letter of formal disapproval is hardly the same as facing Contempt of Court. There are some Senators that collect Admonishments. However, they can opt for sterner penalties, such as Censure or Expulsion, although such are generally reserved for more extreme violations of Senatorial Ethics (such as selling of vacated Congressional Seats for monetary and political gain). A Senator acting belligerent while intoxicated on the Senate Floor is tantamount to a Senator yelling "Liar" during a Joint Session held by the POTUS. Sen. Baucus will most likely face Admonishment at the hands of the Senate Select Committee on Ethics just as they did with Sen. Wilson.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I say we should get the entire Congress drunk and keep them that way for the next three years. They will do less damage that way.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
I say we should get the entire Congress drunk and keep them that way for the next three years. They will do less damage that way.

Less damage? How can they have caused any damage when they haven't done a damn thing in the past year except blow a bunch of hot air? I suppose they have cause damage due to inactivity...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

HOLY COW,

why didn't somebody stop him, from making a fool of himself?

I am not surprised though, I come from a political town, they are in the bars all the time,

Next time you see them up and about and rackin' up the tab, try to see which credit card they happen to use.
Something tells me WE are paying for their drunken tirades.

...burp.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Less damage? How can they have caused any damage when they haven't done a damn thing in the past year except blow a bunch of hot air? I suppose they have cause damage due to inactivity...

What are you talking about??? Raising the debt ceiling multiple times, voting for endless deficit spending, Healthcare "reform", allowing the takeover of public companies, bailouts, etc... I agree that for the most part they have ACCOMPLISHED nothing, but they have left a trail of devastation behind them.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Maybe it was the toothpaste?

Galluccio fails random alcohol test, blames toothpaste
news.bostonherald.com...=home&position=also

lifted from another forum

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join