It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone with Empirical Evidence of the End of Times?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hey guys-

I've always found the topic of 2012 fascinating, but I find that most people don't use scientific evidence in it's discussion.

I'd like to start off by giving you all a fun fact about the Mayan calender you may not know: it in fact does NOT end in 2012, it merely resets like the odometer in your car when it reaches a million miles. Or, in a more relevant comparison when a new millennium begins after a thousand years. If you think about it, it's basically the same thing.

Anyway, I'd like to keep this thread largely un-opinionated. What I'm really interested in (partly because I haven't found any) is people who have scientific evidence that there may be an end of times soon, not the usual speculations that the world is ending because of social/political/economical trends that people rattle off like it's not tomorrow (for example, I'm sure alot of people thought the world as we knew it was coming to an end during the Dark Ages or the Great Depression).

So go ahead. Convince me to stock up on non-perishables and start living in my basement.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

So go ahead. Convince me to stock up on non-perishables and start living in my basement

It shouldn't take a end of times prophecy for you to make this move. We should all stock up and live in a basement, it doesn't even have to be your own basement, just pick a random house, and move in

I have a good feeling 2012 Dec 21st will be one hell of a day, mainly because all the panic or people that do believe the world will end. Just like on Y2K milk will be unavailable at any store

On another note, the world will end eventually, why not then, it's just as good as any other day... except for 5 billion years from now.... that's when you really should start panicking!

To keep on your topic, sorry but probably opinionated, if everyone around you thinks the world is coming to an end, it's probably wise to stock up on unperishables, just because there going to be taking them all, and well when you go to the store... it could cost you your first born, or it just won't be there.

I've got 300 pounds worth of frozen pop-tarts.... just in case.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by Republican08]

For further information, yes the poptarts are brown cinnamon sugar.... they just have to be...

[edit on 27-12-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Lol'd at that last comment. What kind? Brown Sugar Cinnamon are the best imo!

Anyway I do agree with you that the world could end at any time, and most people don't realize it. Heck, a gamma ray burst could just blast right through our puny rock and turn us all into Kentucky Fried Civilization in a matter of minutes!

I just thought that if there were to be some sort of world-ending event in a few years, that it would most likely show at least some preliminary signs...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
After two terms of bush and his cronies, i have never been so convinced of the end of times, though i suppose you wouldn't classify this as empirical evidence?

new topics

top topics

join