It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran , Revolution or bombing , what will happen first ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Any type of revolution in Iran will need arms and time to coordinate. If they are not going all out at the moment to topple the current regime it will not happen by the time Israel launch an attack. Which I highly believe will happen in the near future.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
What are the protesters really protesting?
Maybe that their government is creating WMD which is against the principles of Islam. Yet Iran is contending that WMD are for the preservation of Islam.

The 57 OIC country governments have one common element in mind, dar ul Islam. No amount of people will be able to stop that from within... but they will try. How very sad.

Israel will bomb only when Iran uses WMD. Won't be long.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

I disagree....

IF the west is supporting the "Revolution" Then an attack on Iran from Israel or the US/West would be counter productive. The Iranians would unite to counter any such actions. I'm not advocating any action against Iran. All I'm saying is that such an attack would be the dumbest thing anybody could do.

In 1979 there really wasn't much in the way of planning for armed conflict. There were major resentments festering under the seemingly quiet facade. Which in time boiled over and they took to the streets.

Sounds kind of familiar if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
My knowledge of the revolution of 1979 is limited to say the least. I know that the CIA played a significant role but did the US supply arms to the IR of 1979?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The goal in Iran is to take out their nukes and military and other places that would be a threat to the region. An attack wouldn't be against population... although some will probably be in the way.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

At least fifteen anti-government protesters, including a nephew of Mir Hossein Mousavi, Iran’s opposition leader, were shot dead yesterday as the smouldering confrontation between the regime and the so-called Green Movement finally erupted.

I can't help but wonder if this nephew of Mir Hossein Mousavi, Iran’s opposition leader was specifically targeted ?

Seems likely if that Iran's leadership would be targeting its opposition in the face of a revolt , no ?

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Agreed 100 %

One question that has to be asked as well .... Will the people of Iran blame there government or the west if sanctions are imposed ?

Can we look to Iraq and how its people viewed sanctions for a clue as to how the people of Iran will view sanctions and who they might blamed ?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Good point Umbra. Those who had Halliburton on 9/10 will be the same ones that profit on the next front. You hit the nail on the head.

yak055h

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join