It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Team you, and you.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I feel now would be a great time to explain some things about the human body that medical science knows about, can't exactly explain, but hints at. The biggest reason why scientists in the medical field choose to tip-toe around this topic is of course, for fear of ridicule, however they will admit that what I say has truth to it.

For this little piece, we will divide the human body into three different parts, and I will quickly define these terms.

The body: Simply, the physical body that the rest of you resides in.
The mind: Literally the brain, the organ that thinking takes place in, part of the body, but the command center that holds your soul and issues orders to other systems..
The soul: Soul simply being the part of you that decides to fix a ham sandwich over a salami sandwich. To simplify, the part of you that makes conscious decisions. the mind resides in the brain, much the same way that software is installed in a computer.

All three parts I have defined are one, and all three parts must work together to keep the mean machine that is you running. The whole body contains the brain and soul, the brain is part of the body,but in in charge of passing commands to the body. The soul resides in the brain as part of the brain, but apparently somewhat detached. Sound confusing? It is!

The brain, or mind, controls everything in your body in the way a battlefield commander orders around his troops. The brain can issue commands, receive information to help it make better tactical decisions, and above all that, hold the soul and execute commands that the soul wants.

The soul gets to make the fun decisions, one can simply choose to stop eating and eventually die, the body and mind will continue to try and function as long as possible, they will even warn you with pain that you are hurting yourself, yet in the end you get to decide. You are entirely in control of your body, you are the big boss.

As you go about your day, the mind passes along orders to the body, the body complies, many intricate systems fall into step and get you through the day.

It's fascinating to see that many religions refer to the body as a "vessel" or "residence" for the mind. Religious deep thinkers understood that the body and mind were like two different systems plugged into each other.

With all this said, doesn't it sound like the relationship between your mind, body, and soul is a very intricate act of teamwork, the result being the survival of the whole organism? Duh! Anyone who sees otherwise would be very foolish, and there are many fools in this world. Most Americans for instance, seem to forget that there is anything more than the body, or the whole them, and simply abuse themselves and go to the doctor when they begin to feel the consequences.

The game of life must be played as a team with your body. You must listen to what your brain is relaying from the rest of your body, telling you exactly what needs attention, what needs repair, whats being fixed. In the end, you get to decide to further damage, weaken, or even stop trying to fix something.

When your body needs something, certain nutrients,certain rest of certain parts that are in need of time to heal and repair, it tends to crave what it needs. Your body can crave rest, certain foods, certain activities. When you decide not to listen, your brain with start rethinking it's actions and try to accommodate your choices. To a great extent, your brain and body can work around your actions, the body was always designed with versatility in mind, the brain to be able to find ways around problems, but the system is not perfect, nor can it do miracles.

The body and mind will do some amazing things if the soul demands it. I am sure everyone has heard of the case of the old grandmother lifting a car off her trapped grandson. Has anyone wondered how an old lady could do such a feat given how weak old people are? The answer is very simple, and takes a very short time to explain. The soul realized there was a need to kick the body into action to save the life of someone else. The soul told the mind to kick out all the stops and to get the body to do the same. The brain started issuing commands, started releasing hormones, adrenaline was getting dumped into the body to give it a temporary overclock withe the long term effect being irrelevant. The body was pushed by the mind beyond any normal limit, in fact, the body at this stage would literally tear itself apart if the brain told it to. Limits of pain were simply ignored, and the body accomplished what seems like a superhuman feat. After the event, said grandmother most likely felt very drained, and very sore, this is the result of a body that just pushed itself to the very physical limits it was capable of, the body began to recover and repair.

On a smaller, yet more vital scale, everyone goes through this on a day to day basis, from the way and time they sleep, to the way they life their day, all systems are trying to work together to keep you going.

Ever feel the craving for doing something ambitious outside? Your body is updating the brain on muscle atrophy and the brain is relaying to you that your whole body needs to either move around, or face muscle loss.

Ever felt the craving for some cold milk, salad, or even a steak? Your body is relaying the message that you are running low on certain nutrients. normally you won't have cravings or urgings for most things simply because you subliminally understand that you need to take care of yourself.

Now on the subject of eating, some people wonder why so many Americans are fat, especially if you want what's best for the body. Simply put, the body and mind can be chemically tricked into sending or receiving the wrong message. It's pretty much common knowledge that certain processed foods are addicting, of course they are, greedy people want to sell as much as possible, so of course it is in their best interest to get you hooked.

It may come as no surprise that the best tasting foods now are the most unhealthy. In the old days before we knew what we know today about chemicals, food tasted like food, the best tasting fruits and veggies were the best for you, the best meat available the best tasting, now everything is artificial, its that simple.

The same point can be made with entertainment, now we have the ability to use flashy lights and signs to hypnotize,mesmerize, and just plain stupefy you in an effort to keep your attention directed at the magic screen that poops money into the pockets of the people who own the stations.

Back on topic however, the body,brain, and mind relationship is powerful enough that one can technically commit suicide without ever using any outside means.

I can prove what I say simply be referring someone to any case of someone giving up hope and wasting away in a hospital or nursing home. We have all heard stories of depressed patients expected to die, and suddenly making an amazing recovery after they found an inspiration to live.

If the soul has no reason to keep fighting for survival, the body and mind will oblige. The brain simply passes along lazy messages to the body and the body's systems begin to make mistakes, eventually leading to complete failure of a system and the death of the person. With this in mind, depression is a far more serious condition than most people give it credit for, and medication cannot completely replace the mind in the decision making for what is best for the whole body. This is a subject that deserves it's own article so I will not go into detail on the matter.

In conclusion, all this being said, you should now understand how crucial a healthy mindset is to a body, to listen to the needs of your body. No matter how alone you are, you are a team of three, and you must work like a team to function, anything other than that will lead to disaster, just as coach will confirm.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This is the key to fighting sickness and injury, though not a foolproof way of staying healthy, this is how you can to some extent avoid many common diseases. What I do want to mention is that this is not an avocation of some sort of spiritual garbage that would allow you to heal yourself, I am simply saying that you can work together with your body to be in the best functioning capacity by working in harmony together, not forcing your body to do what is unnatural.

This is somewhat of an abstract topic so I will stick around to answer any questions and go into further depth in some areas as there will undoubtedly be some confused people.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Star and flag!
I understand what you are saying and completely agree with you.
In order to be healthy one must fed the body as well as the mind.
Being happy (which can be hard to do in this age of doom and gloom) is an important part of physical health as well as mental. Very interesting topic, I hope more people respond!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Interesting thread! Not that you are a guru or anything, but I'm wondering if you've given any thought to what is the role of the soul? I mean, is it just to function with the other two parts of the system, or is there a higher purpose to which one should strive? If there isn't a higher purpose, as cloying and rudimentary as that sounds, why isn't a dichotomy of mind (or brain as you've defined) and body enough?

Just curious, as you've obviously given quite a lot of thought to the subject. Oh yeah, if you'd elaborate on your theory of clinical depression, I, for one, would be intrigued. Thanks much!

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts
Interesting thread! Not that you are a guru or anything, but I'm wondering if you've given any thought to what is the role of the soul? I mean, is it just to function with the other two parts of the system, or is there a higher purpose to which one should strive? If there isn't a higher purpose, as cloying and rudimentary as that sounds, why isn't a dichotomy of mind (or brain as you've defined) and body enough?

Just curious, as you've obviously given quite a lot of thought to the subject. Oh yeah, if you'd elaborate on your theory of clinical depression, I, for one, would be intrigued. Thanks much!

Best,
Skunknuts

Easy answers flow freely.
I don't really care for explaining the reason why you are here on the planet or anything like that, this is something for gurus to ponder. The soul or consciousness simply resides in the body and gives commands, much the same way a driver controls a car.

As far as depression goes I can't give a very good answer but I will give it my best.

When you get depressed for whatever reason, you can give up hope in life and wish not to exist or wish you were dead. When you do that for a fleeting second, nothing happens. If you dwell consciously on a subject like that, your brain receives the message and tries to comply by no longer trying to keep you alive. Yes there are failsafes in place, but eventually your brain can overcome these failsafes and you eventually start to slowly decay.

Medications can trick your brain into forgetting the orders from your consciousness, that's also why those medicines make you act wierd. In the end your mind adapts to the warped reality drugs bring and does it's job as best it can.

The only way to fix depression is to fix the root cause, everything else is just beating around the bush.

top topics

join