It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ralph Nader: Obama Criticism Is Overdue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

The left's anger over the public option and the anti-Obama revolt is long overdue, says Ralph Nader. Benjamin Sarlin talks to the self-professed "pioneer" of the current progressive rage.

“This is what I meant a year ago when I said the next year will determine whether Barack Obama will be an Uncle Tom groveling before the demands of the corporations.”

Nader, who has been viciously critical of Obama since before his inauguration, said he was encouraged to see many of the president’s campaign allies beginning to turn on his agenda.

I can't believe the left is more upset than the right with this inexperienced president.I don't really care why the left doesn't like him just as long as the changes he's trying to make in this country fail.Go Nader!

link

[edit on 27-12-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Everyone should be critical of what the President does. That is part of being an American. Yes, question every decision that Obama makes, it's important to us as a nation to have an open mind and decide for ourselves whether each and every decision is for the good of the country.

That does not mean to just assume that every decision is a bad one, nor does it mean that every decision he makes is a good one. Every time this POTUS makes a choice or a policy, we as Americans should look at it to decide whether or not it's good for the country. If it's not, we need to let our lawmakers know that we don't approve. If it is good for the nation, we need to support these efforts.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The left could never be more upset than the right with Obama. The right has taken insane anger against Obama to a level the left will never be able to reach.

From yelling about Obama's birth certificate, claims of death panels, dissecting Obama's choice of mustard on a hamburger, comparing just about everything Obama does to Nazi Germany, or hoaxing threats against Senators, the right has forever claimed the title of being the most angry at Obama.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think we need to give Obama some slack, after what bush and his cronies put this country through, it's going to take way more then two terms to turn things around, especially with all the compromises he needs to make along the way... provided what has been broken can be fixed.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Obama needs more rope to [metaphorically] hang himself with? It's funny how his health care goal required so many bribes to fellow Democrats! He may not have wrote the checks but it was to pass HIS agenda
More it's Bush's fault!? The man had more class than either his predecessor or his successor! I just know that is gonna burn a few members britches

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

To be fair, the healthcare lobby was bribing our lawmakers pretty thoroughly. I understand that it seems a little awkward to have to "bribe" our lawmakers to vote for a bill. But honestly, unless we wrangle our representatives away from suckling the teat of lobby groups, this sort of thing will continue happening.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

A little awkward
Why were the bribes on the senate floor even necessary? For all the complaining about the Reps not offering any alternatives, the dems turn around and bribe their own to get the votes on what should have been a sure thing! All in the name of Obamas agenda!!

new topics

top topics

join