It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Strong Magnetic Field Burst Rocket.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
I read somewhere that the new Typhoon 2 is aerodynamically unstable, if the FBW system goes the pilot has to eject because the plane turns to a lump of crashing metal if its computers fail?

I think that the F117 is the same way.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
i will also talk about this matter once i have arrived at the USAF base
with the people who know how to handle experimental stuff and to make it a real usefull thing.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
your right about the EF its dsigned to be unstable so it turns better
also dude the magnetic tape is inside a lots of metal
the metal will mostly stop the magnetic feild (i think)

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Ok but even Jetliners are prone to lighting strike and go on flying Ive been in a plane that was hit by lighting a few times nothing really happend just the dark sky turned white and the Capt. said we just got hit by lighting and its nothing to worry about. But as far as EM weapons anti aircraft, you would need a large yield weapon to cause a large EM field. Why dont you have a missle that would act like a harpoon that would pierce the skin of the fusealage and then zap the sucker. Then you would have a 100% conf. that you hit the target and it was neutralized.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE
...once i have arrived at the USAF base with the people who know how to handle experimental stuff and to make it a real usefull thing.

And just when might this be? Those places do tend to be rather ssecure.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This might help you out with this query.

www.aeronautics.ru...

and also

superconductors.org...

I'll put up more if I find them.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
umm wow!
man why didnt u post this on the weapons forum when we talked about it?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
QUOTE:
E-bombs can unleash in a flash as much electrical power

right !
you see with a small conversion this device can work as a
ground to air ROCKET !! kinda AAA of the electric kind !

it just takes conversion of a warhead that fits the rockets !

moderator we can close this thread too !!

=================================================

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Not yet! You still haven't resolve the problem of the oout of control rocket killing its own people.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'm still at a loss as to why it wouldn't just be easier to blow it up? You'd have to get extremely close for a magnetic field to be effective, especially as military equipment is hardened for EMP attacks. Not to mention I highly doubt that an aircraft would have a 'hard drive' anything like what we would use in our personal computers. More likely a solid state memory system I'd imagine.

Still seems a lot easier to use a 'cheap' regular missile?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
umm whered his posts go?
has he just done a tactical retreat?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I just checked the member listing. He's been banned. Can you imagine that? I wonder what the actual cause was.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
I just checked the member listing. He's been banned. Can you imagine that?

Yes CS, you can imagine my horror upon finding the content of our collective derision removed. Oh, the humanity! NGITU has suffered a fate worse than death; banned from ATS. This may be a good lesson for our erstwhile cyber-atheist, as his cyber-soul wanders the internet, never to know again paradise (ATS).

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Directed energy weapons are one of the most active areas of military research today. However, these weapons are typically designed to disrupt an enemy's communication systems. China is probably the world leader in this research since the Chinese believe that the greatest weakness in US military capabilities is the reliability on network centric warfare. Not only do US weapon systems depend heavily on communications, but the US military has adopted the same kind of "just in time" inventory re-supply system as the manufacturing world. By disrupting communications, the Chinese believe that the American logisitics chain would be significantly disabled. Other countries heavily involved in this field include Russia and Germany. The US is also investigating weapons as a means of disrupt enemy command and control systems with minimal collateral damage.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
EMP and non-linear directed energy weapons have been around for a while. The need to test the "hardness" of aircraft and other systems has resulted in TRESTLE. Anytime you take off or land at Albuquerque International Airport, you are taking off or landing at Kirtland AFB (home of Sandia National Labs, which of course is the home of devious little elves that make wonderful toys that wreak havoc all over the world, but I digress...). When taking off (or landing for that matter) you can see TRESTLE, worlds largest all (I mean ALL!) wood structure in the world, designed for EMP testing of whole aircraft (Air force One was once tested here). The fun of Albuquerque living (aside that no one can spell it) is the occasional booms, sizzles, screeches and other such noises that emanate from the base. A good source for info and pics (dialup users beware of page load time) shows a B-52 on TRESTLE, also a quick mention of SPUR is made as well (frozen burritos beware). Hope this helps.

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by Mirthful Me]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join