It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Strong Magnetic Field Burst Rocket.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
since most aircraft are now FLY-BY-WIRE devices they all have onboard computers.
as we all know from the past one weak thingie in a computer can be the hard disk...it can crash and then you've got just a heap of crap metal & plastic mix left !

so what about a rocket that is fired to an enemyplane but instead of explosives release an extreme high strong magnetic field that "kills" the
computer(s) onboard ?
the rocket have not even have to hit the airplane ofcourse since the volume of the magnetic field can be set in a active radius.

fly by wire without the computer(s) and especially in airwar situations would be like flying a "heavy rock"...and another one bites the dust.

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
i believe the aircraft are still pilotable... just not to any extremes (ie supercruise, high-g manuevers, etc).

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
the effect can work two ways:

1)controls can not be set anymore to the right values for piloting the aircraft

2)the pilot misses enormous valuable informaton on speed,altitude,DIRECTION,mode set,weaponssituation,radio and ofcourse position in the air of the airplane. (you still can fly forward with an angle of attack 15 degrees,nose of aircraft pointed 5 degrees out of the center and wings in a slight banking mode...or even upside down while becoming part of a misty weathersituation in prepairing to land
:wow

and for fully loaded aircraft...if center of gravity is set incorrectly

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
umm no gods are u talking about an EMP bomb cause if u r then uv came upon the same idea USAF and such as youv pointed our it wouldbe a good weapon and frankly i like ur choice of weaponry
but the only way we know how to make an emp is from a nuclear exsplosion
but if u mean a VERY large EM then u could use it to pull the plane TO the missile would be interesting

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
the pulse from an atomic explosion is not what i have in mind !
strong magnetic fields can be created without nukes but the aid of simple high electric voltage devices.
(tesla-kirlian-... are sidekickeffects that can be easily done)

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE
1)controls can not be set anymore to the right values for piloting the aircraft

two words: manuel override. i'm sure there is such a thing. if i recall correctly, the f-22's computer has crashed several times during test flights and it was still able to fly.

2)the pilot misses enormous valuable informaton on speed,altitude,DIRECTION,mode set,weaponssituation,radio and ofcourse position in the air of the airplane.

um... there are things call instruments, which are not run by computers. they gather airspeed, altitude, position, and direction. as for where the aircrft is? there are always charts. radio? you can get by without. weapons? if everything gets knocked out, you shouldn't be worrying about those.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Oil pumps? Hydraulic pressure? Aren't these run by electric pumps on a lot of modern aircraft? I've heard of planes flying through lightning storms and getting hit, losing all electronics but managing to make it back home. But what about these newer aircraft like the F-22?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

two words: manuel override. i'm sure there is such a thing. if i recall correctly, the f-22's computer has crashed several times during test flights and it was still able to fly.

I believe most modern fighters are also downlinked to the ground controllers who can fly them like a big radio controlled model.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder[/i
I believe most modern fighters are also downlinked to the ground controllers who can fly them like a big radio controlled model.

i believe this author's idea would make that incapable of happening since ALL electronics would be knocked out. even still though, the plane would be able to fly from the pilot.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Given the effects of the Inverse Field Effect (as you double the distance from a target, the effect becomes one fourth as strong), you'd probably have to touch the plane/missle/whatever to make it work and keep it in contact.

That's a lot harder than blowing it up.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
the new generation airplanes are having all DIGITAL instruments onboard ! some with a backup computer but if these fail you are flying in a "piece of falling rock".
the age of ANALOGUE instruments are in the past !
no modern fighter would be having installed both a digital plus on top an old style analogue cockpit

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I read somewhere that the new Typhoon 2 is aerodynamically unstable, if the FBW system goes the pilot has to eject because the plane turns to a lump of crashing metal if its computers fail?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Wouldn't that also destroy the rockets system and turn it into an uncontrolled projectile destined to destroy something in the country that fired it. Maybe Saddam would do it, but I don't think it's a very bright idea.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
no gods i know u mean about small elctro magnets but theres 1 flaw to get the power of them up to any good magnetic feild then it would recuire a big current and a bg iron core
also if u get the magnet close enoghy and with enough power it will screw up the signal and frankly do nothing to the instraments.
the magnet might screw up the missiles stuff bt actually do nothing to the equipment
also every digital plane will have a manual override no matter how advanced it is
can i just say if ur saying that it will screw with the electrical eqipment then your wrong cause the magnetic feild would do what? just make the current move BUT if its already moving it wont do anything

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
think about the technology as kinda the STUNGUN operates but 100 times more powerfull object in the size of a rockethead as the sam missille.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
im sure the majority of military planes will be EM shielded given the known effect of nuclear weapons

just imagine the energy requiremnets for these weapons you are talking about - they would just use a nuke

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by Vanguard]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
dude where u gona get the power?
a stun gun on a plan most of these babies are designed to take electrical surges
as much as i like the idea of a EMP/STUNGUN missile its just not YET possible

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
the technology of how a stungun makes the high voltage can be used !

i never have written to put a stungun on top of a rocket !

think:why do they forbid you to use a cellphone on board of a passenger airplane ??? get it ? right ! now you know what technique i am talking about.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
i never said that u said that u could put a stun gun on a missile
aye the stun gun only works for what ? 5 ten mins on full power
to effect a plane ur gona need a HELL of a lot more power
they forbid u cause on passenger planes it can interfere with the radio and such NOT on military planes they are protected against this

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
please think the tactical way !

the magnetic field that your cellphone creates is small so for military use they can make this much much bigger and powerfull !
i am talking the military way and not something others.

btw open one of your old harddisks and look for the writting and reading heads !! what do you think they do in your hard disk ??? and how ??
magnetic !

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join