It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolutionary operation could 'cure' high blood pressure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Revolutionary operation could 'cure' high blood pressure

beforeitsnews.com

The new procedure, called renal sympathetic-nerve ablation, involves inserting a wire into a blood vessel close to the kidneys to burn through nerves which carry signals that stimulate high blood pressure.

It disrupts signals from the brain telling the kidneys to keep blood pressure raised. Initial tests suggest it can be effective within three months.

Anthony Henry, 68, a retired chef from Stratford in East London, became the first person in Britain to have the operation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I am always glad to hear of a new procedure that might help to heal more people. What makes this one different is the amount of drugs people might be able to get off of. If this really does work, that means that the estimated fifteen million people in the UK, who have high blood presser, all of a sudden might not need drugs. Say five pounds a day for drugs or so, and you can do the math to see how much money the drug companies might be loosing. So what do you think there take on this might be?

beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I have high blood pressure and take meds to keep it under control.

Might look into this cos I hate taking any sort of tablets.

If my doctor knew I was on ATS he would freak out.

Seriously though, I just got word today that a friend of mine died suddenly from a brain haemorrage, which may have been caused by HBP. He was maybe 40 years old. Tragic.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Hmm sounds interesting the problem is usually isnt high blood pressure a sign of other ailments or poor health in general... effectively turning off the warning sign doesn't get rid of the danger. So you can smoke and drink, eat fatty food and never exercise and never suffer high blood pressure.

To me its kinda like inventing a pill that stops you getting fat... sure you can eat all the crud you want but all your really gonna be is a beautiful corpse.

Thats a very simplistic opinion I know, since some people get high blood pressure outside of poor diet and lifestyle, in which case this will help immensely.

Im just pointing out its more a way of hiding the consequences of a poor life style, rather than a real cure... the cure is to live a life style where you never get high blood pressure in the first place.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

You are right up to a point, but some illnesses are hereditary.

In my case its hereditary to have an unhealthy lifestyle

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

Seriously though, I just got word today that a friend of mine died suddenly from a brain haemorrage, which may have been caused by HBP. He was maybe 40 years old. Tragic.

Bigyin
I am very sorry about your friend.
You are making a good point though. The blood presser is usually more a sign of lifestyle then anything. The article in question talks more about hypertension then unhealthy living habits. So for that cause I think this procedure could be the cure that would get some one off the drugs.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Thanks for posting this. I have HBP and take 4 meds which cause depression. I believe essential Hypertension is not caused by lifestyle or even being overweight as I am not overweight. I was nearly DOA in the ER before the OR a few months ago and ended up with AD. This could have prevented that.

I would give you a Flag but I dont have any and dont know where they keep them.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Rrokkyy
thanks so much for your kind words

As to the flags, right above the first post on the left hand side, there should be an icon that says flag thread. Click that button to flag.
Then each post has a star at the top to the left side, if you want to star a post click that star. I am just menchening that because stars go into figuring your level title also

I have to take drugs daily also. The thing that bothers me about it is that its not a cure. The procedure that this thread is about could be a cure, that is what I liked about it.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The reason your body increases blood pressure is because there is a certain level of oxygen that needs to get to your cells. Turning off the bodies ability to regulate itself in that way will cause even worse problems in the long run.

We live in a Toxic world. There is no escaping it. Start detoxing and then keep detoxing. Don't drink tap water, get a chlorine filter for your shower. It's a fact that we're carrying 1000 times more Lead in our bones than our pre-Industrial ancestors. Detox or Die!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

Himwho hath
Thanks for your post. What you mentioned was something I was pondering my self. Interrupting the nerve that regulates that presser, did not know what else that might cause. Still all the same, like I said in the first post, I still think it will be good to see everyone who has this problem to be able to get off the drugs.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
They could get off of them through diet, exercise and detox. Unfortunately we live in a society that wants a quick fix and refuses to make tough lifestyle changes. Thus, we will continue to see people victimized by the corporate health establishment and its minions.

Our bodies know exactly what they're doing in order to keep us alive. Disabling its ability to regulate itself by burning out nerves is just plain stupid IMO.

new topics

top topics

join