It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Communion - Whitley Striber

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I just finished reading his book and watching the movie, and my question is; what the hell are those little blue creatures that abducted him? If you are unaware of the premise of the story, apparently this guy was abducted from his upstate NY cabin by what appears to be two different alien entities; one the typical grey beings, and two; these short and stocky blue creatures with black robes and faces which resemble jabba the hutt. Apparently this is a true abduction story, but how come in UFO folklore, there is not anyother mention of these blue shorter creatures? Most abduction stories I have come across solely feature those concerning the grey beings. Anyway, if anyone has seen the movie or read the book or could possibly shed some light on the "blues", that would be great. Thanks!

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Yeah,those were weird.They sort of reminded me of those 'jawa' creatures from Star Wars(although those things never showed their faces,just their eyes lit up).Streiber seemed to imply they were servants of sorts to the greys,but his account is the only one I have heard of mentioning them.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Artistic Liscense?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The film seemed to have little to do with the book and the bookseemed to have little to do with reality.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Strieber is nothing more than a new age guru in the UFO Community. His "experiences" ad up to nothing more than new age propaganda, animal rights, earth first, greenpeace crap. I've found some of his writing interesting but ultimately he's just an L. Ron Hubbard knock-off.

[Edited on 5-24-2004 by Preest]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Nope, he just wants to sell books and put money in his pocket.

Duller than dish water is he.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I disagree. I read the book and enjoyed it thoroughly. Not that a "new age thinker" or anything of that nature, but I think the book holds some value. I don't think you can completely rule out the experiences Strieber had in the book. Unless of course, you take the book on the premise it is solely created for "entertainment purposes."

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oswald
I disagree. I read the book and enjoyed it thoroughly. Not that a "new age thinker" or anything of that nature, but I think the book holds some value. I don't think you can completely rule out the experiences Strieber had in the book. Unless of course, you take the book on the premise it is solely created for "entertainment purposes."

Which is what everybody seems to understand it as...entertainment purposes.

I don't discount some of his "experiences". I, mainly discount all of them

Many of these "new age thinkers" are nothing more than that. They feel the UFO community is a great place to anchor their beliefs and walk away with some cheddar in pocket for "teaching".

It's sad but some people still believe Von Daniken's books are still true even after he admitted he took "artistic license" with most of his work. Strieber will never go out of style as long as people are willing to carry crystals, channel aliens and what have you. It's the "in" fad in the UFO community.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well darn, I ran across the book this past weekend and bought it on a whim; usually I research a book before purchase. I read the first half chapter and fell asleep three or four times last night. I was hoping someone was going to be able to tell me it gets better. I have much better books waiting to be read, think I will save this one for the garage sale. I agree I think this guy has made a good living off of his brilliant idea to pretend to be an abductee.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Preest

Conservation of the earth and its species is not new age crap, it should be a way of life.

Unless of course you have another planet in mind when we ($&*% this one up.

Didn't think so.

As to the blues, never heard of em.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Wow harsh rhetoric.

I've read all of his books with great interest and have found his writing profoundly accurate and impressingly detailed.

Now most abductees could never remember such things as he does, but I dunno, I take it with a grain of salt.

The whole world is a small truth wrapped in giant lies.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Wow harsh rhetoric.

I've read all of his books with great interest and have found his writing profoundly accurate and impressingly detailed.

Now most abductees could never remember such things as he does, but I dunno, I take it with a grain of salt.

The whole world is a small truth wrapped in giant lies.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Preest
Strieber is nothing more than a new age guru in the UFO Community. His "experiences" ad up to nothing more than new age propaganda, animal rights, earth first, greenpeace crap. I've found some of his writing interesting but ultimately he's just an L. Ron Hubbard knock-off.

Second time this week there's a discussion about Streiber.

Agreed, while I enjoyed the film 'Communion' as I went into it without any prejudice, my personal opinion of Streiber - the man however is that of a person with a agenda. His books are all fiction - he says so himself. He is out to make money, films, tv shows, etc. He has a cult following like the David Icke's of the world - well he isn't that out there but it is the same thing. He has a creative imagination and tells his story to try to manipulate people to join his cult. It's sad really - people have genuine abductions look to him for guidance and he pollutes their mind with his own agenda. His website is Dreamland - which describes it perfectly.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by chucktaggart

I hear ya. I had not heard about him, haven't seen the movie and don't care to now. Before I was three pages into the story I felt Streiber was trying to make himself into a cult hero, rather than just telling the story, straightforward, it there really was a story to tell. I don't doubt that people are abducted by aliens, but I don't plan to further my knowledge base of it with this character. Luckily I bought the book secondhand so he won't be seeing any of my money.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I read the book when it first came out. I really liked it. I wrote him. He wrote back. He seemed right on to me.

I also enjoyed his other books. Like "Majestic" a good story for escape reading.

I guess you either read his stuff or you don't. You can choose.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I think these little blue men, fit perfectly in Norse mythology, "Svart Alver" or "Dark Elves"..
Also known as dwarfs, lived in the underground, they were the best smiths and engineers, to be found. But cruel and mean..

Their counterpart being "Ljus Alver" the"Light Elves", They lived in the sky, in temples of light..

And greys always looked a little "elven" to me..(sumhow)

Fairies, elfs..dwarfs.. Theyre still around!

And I belive mr Strieber may have met some of em.

If he is pretending, his friends and family are to. (since they've had encounters aswell)

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I really enjoyed Communion & I recommend it to anyone interested in the field.

However, I believe that HE believes what happened to him, weather or not it actually happened is another story, which I wasn't 100% convinced upon.

I understand the hypocrisy of the above statement, but it was just the feeling I had after finishing it.

I also at one point had a sub to his site, where his radio show archives are. Sadly, he went from discussing UFO's seriously, to disclosing "new & exciting" information from the visitors & exclusive meditation techniques. Plus his constant book plugs. Sadly that turned me off Dreamland, sometimes I go back to hear the latest show, but he's gone into New Ageism & personal development.

Does remind me of a certain Cult Leader I met.

Bottom line - I reckon he MAY have had an experience & documented it in Communion, but since then has made a career from Ufology & needs to invent & incorporate new stuff, destroying his credibility in my eyes.

Unfortunate, he's got a dose of what John Lear called "UFO Disease".

Marker

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The Blues are pretty common, but apparently there was a lot of artistic license used for the movie creatures.

Here is a documentary that mentions them a few times. Abductees

The footage does get fairly disturbing towards the end, just thought that I had better warn you.

The blues are the, smaller, long armed, lock stepping beings. In reality their colour is more of a darker grey than obviously blue. They move much quicker and mechanically than the light grey beings. The greys are quick, but much more fluid in their movements and no-where near as fast as the blues.

I hope that this helps.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I used to pop in to dreamland and listen to his interviews.

Sometimes I found them quite interesting but often he would almost grovel to the interviewee and agree with almost everything they said.

In order to keep advertising off his website I think WS scrapes the bottom of the barrel with many of his guests. Two particular guests of his I recall were, one "Starfire Tor" and a so called Nostradamus expert by the name of John Hogue. As far as I was concerned these people were are just obvious fraudsters but WS seems desperate for guests.

I popped into dreamland 2 days ago (synchronicity ?) having not visited in over a year. I noticed Linda Molton Howe no longer has her spot which I often enjoyed mainly because of her great reporter speak.

What staggers me more than anything about WS, is the fact that he claims to have an implant, but chooses not to all the way and have a serious scientific investigation into it.

Whitley Streiber ? Hmmmm

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Martindoolittle

The blues are the, smaller, long armed, lock stepping beings. In reality their colour is more of a darker grey than obviously blue.

I had to read that 3 times before realizing you meant what you said.

In reality ????

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join