It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Aliens be influencing Hollywood?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

If you knew why and how the World and Universe were ran you would be shocked.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

Sorry for jumping in the way I did earlier, I know only too well how interpretations of subjects can be read!

I don't know enough about this subject..

Best

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sd7000

Care to give some more details?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

So would you, if you knew.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedev

Sorry for jumping in the way I did earlier, I know only too well how interpretations of subjects can be read!

I don't know enough about this subject..

Best

No worries mate! Just here to enjoy the banter with everyone else
It really was just a curious thought I had. I really liked both movies, by the way, which is kind of interesting in itself. I think I felt a kind of relief that some movies were actually revealing more of the truth regarding TPTB, which I think is good. Unless we as a people take stock of our own failings, even if our failing is one of neglect or apathy, then I think that is a good place to start changing. I mean, don't we have to recognize the problem first, before we can become better? Think of how different this is from the 1950's, when people had this kind of "humans are so wonderful" mentality, and the media did everything to pump people up, while the corporations were growing bigger and bigger, and the governments were doing all their dirty deeds in secret. Now, people are much more awake to the real ugly truth.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
dun dun DUNNNNNNN?

C'mon ATSers don't snipe!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedev
dun dun DUNNNNNNN?

I don't get your response here...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

So would you, if you knew.

dun dun DUNNNNNNN?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I doubt aliens are influencing Hollywood at all. Seriously, don't dismiss human creativity and the power of imagination. I remember a quote or something that has stuck with me and it went something like "a blind man may have more vision than a sighted man with no imagination".

When man isn't replacing creativity with so-called "logic" he is capable of great feats. Ever noticed how the thinkers just sit there and think while the do'ers go in without thought and get things done?

Too much thought just deviates from actually helpful thoughts, and you end up in a very large web of wasteful thoughts.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This article provides a long list of all the movies over the last 30 years that have portrayed aliens as a menacing threat to humanity. It establishes that Hollywood has had a pretty consistent agenda to make aliens the "bad guys."

Are there possibly influences that want the human race to view extraterrestrials in a menacing way, so that at the official government announcement of off planet cultures coming to earth, it will be an easy sell, that we must ban together patriotically and almost as a religious war against Satan's demons and fight them, disguising the real threat originating right here on earth?

Source

So, why the shift all of a sudden? I'm still asking this because nobody is giving any postulates as to why the shift. Shifting like this is a very risky thing to do, since it is not known by Hollywood execs as to whether the public would like to see movies portraying humans as the bad guys. From a logical perspective, it really makes no sense from a business sense. So, why take the risk? They are not really known to shift like that, especially during touch financial times... no, during those times, you stay with the "tried and true" formulas.

So, can some people please offer possible explanations, perhaps longer than a single sentence?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by downisreallyup
reply to post by Lillydale

This was the whole reason for this thread. I was not saying the premise IS true, but rather asking for it to be considered. If you don't believe that any aliens exist on this world, then I would think you might be in the minority on this site, at least from what I've seen here so far.

Do not get me wrong, I am not denying they may or may not exist. I have no proof that they do NOT. I just know that the examples you gave are classic examples of situations here on Earth. The only new concept in either one is that the aliens are from another planet instead of just another color.

I know exactly how Hollywood works. My family is actually very involved with making big movies in Hollywood, and I myself am involved to a lesser degree down here in New Zealand.

I guess not exactly or else you would not be curious if there was something going on you did not know about. See the paradox you present? I was not looking to argue about how hollywood works though. I was specifically talking about the premise in the OP. Sorry.

Avatar actually was remarkably similar to the story of New Zealand, and as a dead giveaway, the two main characters actually did a Maori Hongi: they put their foreheads and noses together while breathing in.

The interesting part about the Maori/Pakeha(non-Maori) story is that unlike the end result of most other indigenous peoples, the Maori successfully held the British forces back and secured a better position than other groups (like the American Indian) did. Though they would disagree, I can tell you that they have far more influence and effect here in NZ than the Indians do in the USA.

OK so if you know that this is a real Earth-bound concept, then why do you think Aliens had anything to do with it? Do you think demons help Clive Barker?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Well, I guess it's quite simple, really. What unites humanity more than a common threat? It's something that we can all associate with, and we like how mysterious alien civilisations are.

I'm guessing it would have all stemmed from the Roswell incident. More alien movies are probably being made today because of rising popularity in circles like ATS. Face it, a lot of people like aliens. Or, sometimes fantasise about taking on a hostile alien force.

Besides, you can only make so many World War 2 films in a century. Times change.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

They still make movies where the Aliens are the bad guys "Pandora?" They have made movies where Aliens are the good guys in the past 30 years as I already mentioned one. There are also movies about angels being both good and bad. There are also movies about wizards and witches that are both good and bad, jinns, gods, animals, vampires, werewolves, etc all BOTH god and bad.

Why narrow it down to Aliens. Maybe Paramount has vampire help, while lionsgate gets help from satan, and so on.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, whoever was behind the creation of High School Musical and Twilight had a helping hand from Satan, the Draco Reptilians, evil spirits, George Bush and the Antichrist.

I've never seen a more sinister plague on society.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
For those who think that Hollywood doesn't receive information from outside sources in order to put them into their movies, you may want to watch this video series:

And this one:

And IF aliens are influencing our world, as many other ATS threads have postulated, why is it such an unusual stretch to see that the message of Aliens in movies has changed, and for no apparent reason?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by downisreallyup
And IF aliens are influencing our world, as many other ATS threads have postulated, why is it such an unusual stretch to see that the message of Aliens in movies has changed, and for no apparent reason?

There is a very big difference between no reason at all, and just not seeing the reason for yourself. Tell me, do you think the Greeks had help from a pegasus or gorgon when penning a tale of fantastic creatures? Imagination is amazing and has been around for a while now.

I guess what I do not understand is if you are asking or telling at this point. Do you have information about these aliens helping out in hollywood or is it just speculation? You did say -

I know exactly how Hollywood works.

So stop asking us to agree with you and just teach us all exactly how it works. What races of Aliens, what studio execs, etc.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I would like to toss in a little bit different view that I believe does hold some merit. These movies are entirely destructive to any hope of educating the public on real issues going on off the planet.

Movies like this and you will hear in a few years when talking to someone about aliens; "You mean like in district 9?" Seriously guys, its counterproductive to get rid of bad education and replace it with truth. It is much simpler to start with a clean slate and a critical mind and present the evidence, than to undo years of Hollywood.

This is slightly destructive entertainment, nothing more.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Not aliens, The Magi // The Medes.

With their Holly-Wood, to influence thought via power of suggestion.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Yeah, there is something bigger going on: BIG buck$! What a silly thread.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Not only do they influence Hollywood, I do believe they influenced Einstein and Newton(by making the apple fall, for example), for their definition of gravity.

Try to think of a completely different concept or animal by yourself. It's a lot harder than you think. Certainly, the concept of the movie Matrix was very subtle.

It's said that elves and dragons don't exist(not in this dimension anyway), yet try to imagine an animal, that is not based on a combination of these animals by yourself, you will find it almost impossible, unless you've seen things that lead to them. Now consider that most of these people had to toil all day just to survive. How then would they have the time to think of these things?

This is why I think most ancient texts, including the Bible, have some sort of truth to them. Humans cannot think of these things by themselves, EVEN IF they sat idle all day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join