It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panasonic develops more powerful batteries

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Panasonic develops more powerful batteries

www.msnbc.msn.com

Panasonic Corp. has developed more powerful batteries for use in everything from laptops to electric vehicles, the Japanese electronics maker said Friday.

The new lithium-ion batteries are 20 percent to 30 percent more powerful than current batteries, according to Osaka-based Panasonic.

They can raise the cruising range of electric vehicles on a single charge from 200 kilometers (120 miles) to about 270 kilometers (170 miles), it said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.businessweek.com
www.google.com

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
It is safe to say that most people in today's world use batteries in one way or another. From toys, to cell phones, to cars, batteries are almost everywhere. So having a better on the market that can last twenty to thirty percent longer, is a big deal for the company, as well as the consumer. The company who manufacturers the battery will see bunsess profits go up, the consumer will more likely see the cost go up, but hopefully use fewer batteries.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Righton, longer lasting batteries its a awesome feit, but what about having batteries that never burn out?

I for one, am ready to cut the foreplay and am ready to move onto more advanced tech.

When will the confines of how much you make money wise will be removed and human beings start to grow towards better things then how can i sell this?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
And we get one step closer to total electric transportation.
But I agree with the other posters, lets skip this silliness and get to the point to where the cells never burn out. New technology all together.

I say this mainly, because the article does not mention the effect that the discarded "new lithium ion" batteries would have on soil/water/etc.

Good article

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I reckon real battery tech is way more advanced that this. They are probably just trickling out an outdated product.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Is it my nebulous mind or was there somekind of battery that could power an average household for a year without having to recharge it during the time?!

Well maybe its just my conspiracist mind, but I think we are still using out dated battery systems and the newer technology is being kept in the dark...

But still, if I'm wrong, good find and nice tech.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clairaudience
Is it my nebulous mind or was there somekind of battery that could power an average household for a year without having to recharge it during the time?!

Well maybe its just my conspiracist mind, but I think we are still using out dated battery systems and the newer technology is being kept in the dark...

But still, if I'm wrong, good find and nice tech.

That's just about as dumb as saying there is more advanced cookware out there and that we are all using age-old microwaves and skillets to heat up food when there exists microwaves and skillets that heat up food instantly, only that the government is hiding the technology.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Wish i had shares in Panasonic now

Damn it!

Joking aside 20 - 30% will make some difference but its still no where near enough. At least its a step in the right direction though.

Go Panasonic. Its your birthday!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
I reckon real battery tech is way more advanced that this. They are probably just trickling out an outdated product.

Did you also know that video game companies are hiding the real video game technology?

So are airplane companies, they are hiding the real airplane technology.

Also, beer companies, they are hiding the real beer technology.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

I'd say the closest up coming battery technology to that are batteries that can recharge itself. You put them in and you play them to the point where they get flat, then you leave them for an hour and they recharge to as good as new.

this idea has been copyrighted...

[edit on 27-12-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero

But I agree with the other posters, lets skip this silliness and get to the point to where the cells never burn out. New technology all together.

You can't do that... Where's the profit in THAT? .... It's positively un... un.... unethical... How would all those poor bankers and CEOs feed their children.

Let's have no more of this free energy nonsense.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dagar

Originally posted by InertiaZero

You can't do that... Where's the profit in THAT? .... It's positively un... un.... unethical... How would all those poor bankers and CEOs feed their children.

Let's have no more of this free energy nonsense.

LOL

It's a bit more complicated than CEO's trying to jack up profits.

What you fellas are proposing here is the fabled perpetual motion device.

I would suggest reading up on the laws of thermodynamics and energy conservation, such a battery is theoretically impossible (or, more accurately, improbable).

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

People whom say things are improbable, will likely never see the things they dream of.

I do say perpetual motion is plausible, or a machine of some kind that creates more energy than is used. Human beings may not know right this moment, or they already do (the government) and aren't telling human beings.

I can think of a few ways to keep a closed loop of energy consumation and excess energy created.

Lets try magnetics with a windmill type design to maybe get something.

Or Solar Hydrogen with a recyclable exhaust.

The list can go on.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Many thanks to everyone who is posting!

Hear is some more information you might find interesting.

The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency has unveiled a competition to elicit a design for a wearable battery that would provide approximately 20 watts of power for 96 hours and weigh 4 kilograms or less.

The first-place prize for winning the competition is $1 million. Second- and third-place winners will receive $500,000 and $250,000 respectively, DARPA said. sorce

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Longer lasting batteries would be good. I'm just wondering if they will have a greater impact on the enviroment than they're worth, either in their production, or their disposal. Also how much more expensive are they going to be than the batteries out there now. I wonder why they are
waiting so long to start production.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
BBBBBOOOOORRRRRIIINNNNGGGGGG
check this out www.alternative-energy-news.info...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61
Longer lasting batteries would be good. I'm just wondering if they will have a greater impact on the enviroment than they're worth, either in their production, or their disposal.

Chise
Since the batteries are made of nettles and or a corisove agent there is always going to be a serious environmental impact from the manufacturing and or the disposal. Its not good and never is when it comes to trying to store and transport energy. Welcome to the modern technological world.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
So what about these things the Magnet motor Free energy Perpetual motion machine, from what i have seen, and there are a few of them, but i see people have little faith in them, but i dont understand why, they seem to work, then there is the water engine which was proven to work, but the inventer was killed some say by the CIA, but i dont know about that. any thoughts.

A new water powered care which could be used as a genorator, for free electricity :

Perpetual motion machine:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
How do you like this idea that I dreamed up years ago. "Trans-dimensional Power Cell". Here is the idea. You have a "battery" at one location. This battery is really just a trans-dimensional doorway with wires running though it to another location where the power is being generated. You could have a cell phone hooked to the main power plant. I know this is not going to happen anytime soon if ever but it would be so cool just to run wires from anywhere to anywhere like that.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
To the op, perhaps you should research into the electric energy consumption and storage used in the uav's, you will find that this tech you have posted is outdated by about 10 years.

Peacce.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join