It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search for UFO's, and have your city pay for it!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Search for UFO's, and have your city pay for it!

Alot of us on ATS are UFO enthusiasts/truthseekers. We put in a massive amount research, searching, and studying.
Some of us use SETI@home, some of us have telescopes, some binoculars. Some of us will not even leave the house without a camera of some sort.

What if you could study the skies from home?

Local Woman Hunts For UFOs Via Tucson City Web Cams:

Her name is Sheila Martin. Sheila spends an average of five hours a week on the Tucson user-controlled city cameras online, which she aims toward the skies. Evidence she captures is posted to her YouTube channel, which is beginning to gain a following.
One night, while checking on the progress of the construction via Stone Avenue webcam, she took control of it and aimed it toward the sky. She quickly saw unusual lights, which prompted her to combine the city cams with a free downloadable software application called YouCam.

Source Article-Click to read

I dont know if your city has any features like this. I guess it depends on where you live. I will definitely be researching this further.

You can check out Shiela's tube channel here.

She has some pretty neat videos!

Does anyone here at ATS do anything like this?
I think it's a really fantastic idea.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by InertiaZero]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
OP, do you do this?
It's pretty cool.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

I was just looking to see if my city has the cameras!!

No luck yet. Does your city?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
reply to post by dragonsmusic

I was just looking to see if my city has the cameras!!

No luck yet. Does your city?

I will check
and see.
Get back to you

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Inertia I think I found something that's pretty cool.
Here's a site where you can link into webcams anywhere in Australia.
For example here is a partial view of Auckland skyline and harbour.
www.windsurf.co.nz...

The site that led me there takes you to webcams anywhere in the world.
Imagine if all of those cameras were to be aimed at the skies.

www.goandroam.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Wow. This is really cool.
IF....
If they could be pointed at the skies...

Maybe a watch group could get started. Personally, I think this could be alot like Seti@home. There could be forums and such.
This kind of thing never even occured to me. I searched ATS, and didnt find anything.
Maybe someone will find this thread tonight, when ATS gets more activity, and have some info. Unfortunately, I cant be on the comp all night

Funny, I just wrote a thread about technology taking over the world, and here I am salivating over webcams.

Humans...we are very..... strange...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
Wow. This is really cool.
IF....
If they could be pointed at the skies...

Maybe a watch group could get started. Personally, I think this could be alot like Seti@home. There could be forums and such.
This kind of thing never even occured to me. I searched ATS, and didnt find anything.
Maybe someone will find this thread tonight, when ATS gets more activity, and have some info. Unfortunately, I cant be on the comp all night

Funny, I just wrote a thread about technology taking over the world, and here I am salivating over webcams.

Humans...we are very..... strange...

Agreed on all accounts.
We need some super-tech savvy people on this thread to help us work this idea up some more.
Could be even cooler.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

One night, while checking on the progress of the construction via Stone Avenue webcam, she took control of it and aimed it toward the sky.

This seems to me like criminal activity. Those cameras are in their position for a purpose. Suppose that when she decided to control such cameras a crime was being committed where the cameras would be watching. When the videos resulting from the cameras' view are analyzed and all they see is some strange and meaningless light, someone's ass is going to be on the line. And should be prosecuted.

I would not promote such seemingly criminal activities. Not when the life of an individual may depend on the useful surveillance, the main reason for the cameras.

This is a no, no.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

These user controlled cameras are for public use and not for security.

There are only 4 of them

No harm being done at all.

www.ci.tucson.az.us...

Edit - I think this is an excellent use of this facility. Hopefully the idea spreads.

[edit on 27/12/09 by Horza]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Imagine a day when there are millions of theses sky-watching cameras all over the world, and when they get a UFO hit, we can ALL watch it real time. Like a person monitoring a cam in say, Seattle, sees a UFO, he can hit a button which triggers an alert to all other cam monitors to tune in to his cam. We could probably track them using a system like that. Hmmmmm....

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
How exactly doe one go about finding these types of controllable webcams in certain cities?

Is there a master web site that lists them all?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horza
reply to post by The Shrike

These user controlled cameras are for public use and not for security.

There are only 4 of them

No harm being done at all.

www.ci.tucson.az.us...

Edit - I think this is an excellent use of this facility. Hopefully the idea spreads.

[edit on 27/12/09 by Horza]

My bad.

new topics

top topics

join