It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man removed from same flight as Christmas attack

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Source

By DEVLIN BARRETT
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Associated Press has learned that a second Nigerian man has been taken into custody aboard a jetliner in Detroit after locking himself in the airliner's bathroom.

A law enforcement official tells the AP that the incident took place aboard the same Northwest flight that was attacked on Christmas Day. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the incident was ongoing.

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 12/27/2009 by tothetenthpower]

[edit on 12/27/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well this is interesting, a 2nd man has been arrested on the same flight?

Perhaps a co-conspirator? It seems this plan to blow up the plane had some problems that were un-forseen.

I mean the details we have so far make for a pretty sloppy plan and execute, I don't know if any Terrorist would really do something like this without knowing full well that they would at least kill one person.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 12/27/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
he locked himself in a bathroom for an hour before they busted the door down.
better make it quick next time you wanna use an airline bathroom.
I guess he was either in there makin a bomb, or trying really hard to drop em, cause one hour should suffice for either or. Amateurs.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This is so strange, something is missing here, was this second person in the bathroom all this time without anyone knowing it, guess we will have to wait for more details.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

They updated that story.

A passenger onboard the same Northwest Airlines flight that was attacked on Christmas Day was taken into custody in Detroit on Sunday after becoming verbally disruptive upon landing, officials said.

A law enforcement official said the man was Nigerian and had locked himself in the airliner's bathroom. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation was ongoing

A passenger onboard the same Northwest Airlines flight that was attacked on Christmas Day was taken into custody in Detroit on Sunday after becoming verbally disruptive upon landing, officials said.

A law enforcement official said the man was Nigerian and had locked himself in the airliner's bathroom. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation was ongoing.

Source

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
This is so strange, something is missing here, was this second person in the bathroom all this time without anyone knowing it, guess we will have to wait for more details.

This is a bit confusing, but I THINK this a different flight than the Christmas day flight.

Same airline and flight number etc, but today 27th rather than the 25th.

Very Strange, I have no idea what is really going on.

One point though, Nigeria has oil, a lot of oil!

Kiwifoot!

EDIT, no on rereading it looks like he was on the same flight, they probably thought he was connected to the "Bomber"

[edit on 27-12-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Perhaps they were planning to have attacks spanning multiple days? You know, one fails, who's gonna think they are going to try the same thing on the same flight the very next day.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Sounds like it is the same flight but different day.

Am I correct about this?

If this is the case, I don't think the two will turn out to be connected.

The guy might of caused a disruption due to the changes airlines made since Christmas day.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If they wanted to be more ambiguous they really couldn't have tried harder.

When I see shoddy reporting like that, with multiple possible meanings, my BS meter starts to go crazy!

S+F my friend, this could be important!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The fist guy is said to believe he used a condom for the explosive materials. Maybe this one tried it too, swallow the condom, but he didn't get it out, even after trying an hour

Again a Nigerian, that's odd...

Grtz from belgium

*Staff Edit - Capitalized the bolded "N" to prevent further misunderstandings.

[edit on 12/27/09 by niteboy82]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Banner from BBC:

BREAKING NEWS:

AP news agency says a Nigerian has been arrested on a jet plane heading for Detroit

Okay, so definitely a new flight and new guy, unless the BBC is confused like us!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

The story states that he was arrested this Sunday, so I assume the flight was today.

Either way it's kind sktechy that he's Nigerian and somehow got ont he same exact flight and then got "mouthy" with people on the plane before locking himself in the bathroom.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom463
The fist guy is said to believe he used a condom for the explosive materials. Maybe this one tried it too, swallow the condom, but he didn't get it out, even after trying an hour

Again a nigerian, that's odd...

Grtz from belgium

Seriously?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
No device or anything else found on this passenger.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tom463

I believe she was reffering to your racial slur, of Nword, instead of just saying Nigerian..

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom463
reply to post by Stormdancer777

WOW, TY,

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by tom463

I believe she was reffering to your racial slur, of Nword, instead of just saying Nigerian..

~Keeper

I didn't get that. went over my head I guess.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Most people would not see a problem with that, I call it coded racism. It probably was not the posters intent, I don't want to brand them a racist or anything, it's just bad etiquette as far as I am concerned.

Nigerians don't get offended when you call them what they are, Nigerians, however when you say hey you N-Wordian, they tend to not like that.

I have a lot of friends from Nigeria, I was once prone to say such things..

EDIT TO ADD: Mod advised me that if you put Nigerian with a lower case n, it automatically filters it to N-Wordian. Sorry poster..My bad.

~1Kee

~Keeper

[edit on 12/27/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Makes me wonder how 911 came off so quietly.
I mean 4 for 4 pilot takeovers.

Well this means we have to go through a vibration machine
and poop our pants before going on a plane.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join