It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lieberman: The United States Must Pre-Emptively Act In Yemen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Lieberman: The United States Must Pre-Emptively Act In Yemen

www.huffingtonpost.com

Sen. Joseph Lieberman, (I-Conn) a renowned hawk and one of the foremost champions of the invasion of Iraq, warned on Sunday that the United States faced "danger" unless it pre-emptively acts to curb the rise of terrorism in Yemen.

"Somebody in our government said to me in Sana'a, the capital of Yemen, Iraq was yesterday's war. Afghanistan is today's war. If we don't act preemptively, Yemen will be tomorrow's war," Lieberman said, during an appearance on "Fox News Sunday". "That's the danger w
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

The guy aboves gives a very interesting perspective on the topic, if you go to the above video pages his comments are also a good read.

Anyhow, so we are to add up another war to our long list?
A pre-emptive long list at that.

This is way too many acts of war, you can't just say there's terroists there let's bomb them.

And let me guess, some of you will still say "support the troops" right?

Basically America is giving itself the right to pre-emptively attack any nation on the face of this earth.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Aren't we already doing that?

I have read reports that we have special forces training forces over there. A report that missiles were shot. Report maybe not confirmed that some of our planes were bombing over there.

Sounds like we are already doing what Lieberman wants.

And let's not discount the rebels or terrorists that the Saudis are taking out.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Of course Lieberman is going to support the invasion of any and all countries that oppose Israel in any way, shape or form.
This dude is a snake.

And it was Bush that set the precedent for preemptive invasion on the pretext that there may be "terrorists" there.
This is a disgrace.

If they keep it up they are going to have serious problems here at home.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Joe Liberman is such a self-centred, concieted nob, quite like the Liberman in Israel. I love Jon Stewart's impersenation of him on The Daily Show.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
And it was Bush that set the precedent for preemptive invasion on the pretext that there may be "terrorists" there.

It's important to oppose the action rather than the originator of it
this is more important than ever

All that will happen in response is partisan bickering, nothing will progress once that comes up

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Oh, I agree.
I was just noting that the precedent has been set.
It will become the new norm if people don't oppose it. And oppose it strongly.

Like I said though, people are seeing through their lies.
In fact, I don't see how they could even go through with this. People are fed up with these wars, and I would be surprised if people actually allowed themselves to be led into this one.
Not saying they COULDN'T go through with it. I am continually surprised at how easily people are brainwashed by their hypnosis boxes.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Saudi fighter jets reportedly strike rebel targets in Yemen: www.abovetopsecret.com...

US now involved in Yemen war: US jets attack rebels www.abovetopsecret.com...

US 'sends special forces to Yemen' amid crisis: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Saudi attacks Yemen www.abovetopsecret.com...

YEMEN on the Brink: Why the whole world will take notice. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Iran 'unhappy' with conflict in Yemen: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Obama Ordered U.S. Military Strike on Yemen Terrorists (U.S. military launches cruise missiles) www.abovetopsecret.com...

Liberman is just bringing the public up to speed on what has already been happening.

[edit on 27 Dec 09 by Gools]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

thank you.. yes the US is involved in Yemen, The Houthis said we used warplanes to kill 140 people in one raid but that is unconfonfirmed but looking more and more likely now... weve used cruise missles against militants there and we have special forces training yemeni army there. we are also giving them oney to buy better weapons and just so happens that the nigerian who tried to blow up a detroit flight on christmas was trained in... you guessed it, yemen.... disgusting..

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
These guys that run America; they are pre-emptive everything.
They are all pre-empting for the next time they pre-empt.
What they want is to empty; to empty their loads.
All over the world .
They pre-maturely modulate each time they pre-empt something

[edit on 27-12-2009 by dragonsmusic]

top topics

join