It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Things That Became Obsolete This Decade (PHOTOS)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybee
We always have a land line, push-button phone plugged in and keep a yellow pages directory around. During electrical outages, we usually still have phone service. During a bad storm last summer, electricity was off 3 days and cell phone batteries were low, but we still had the old land line. Also, still keep stationery, greeting cards, envelopes and stamps.

We have a rotary phone from the 40's we can plug in and it will run without electricity. I think DVD's are the next to go

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
"Hand-written letters"

I write more by hand now, that I did a decade ago. Far more.

See, everything I do for work is stored "on a cloud" somewhere. It was typed in digitally, so it can be available at any keyboard on earth.

I assume that means that Google(TM), Wikileaks and the Government are reading everything your ever saved. Your inventory of survival gear, your late-night discussions you and your friends have, about the new world order; everything. And it can be searched by algorythmns for interesting phrases.

There are some topics, some lines of research, where I store my thoughts on paper, in a drawer, with no electronic interconnectivity whatever. Since it isn't electronic, it doesn't exist in the eyes of the web or the state.

That's real privacy.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Something that was invented AND became obsolete in the same decade..

Myspace

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The Constitution is obsolete. It is under a lot of attack.

The vote is obsolete. The vote means nothing.

Privacy is obsolete.

Internet neutrality is obsolete.

File sharing is obsolete.

Pretty soon people will be obsolete.

<< 6  7  8   >>

join