It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Kills 4 Protesters in Fierce Clashes in Tehran, Witnesses Say

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Sean48

50% of children on food stamps

Do we have any proof of such statistics or are you just blowing stuff out of your posterior?

My posterior seems intact .

but admit it Slayer , its a ugly fact for the Leading Beacon of Democracy

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

I find it curious that this always seems to happen... the shift from whatever said topic is, to what is wrong in the US. I'm certainly not denying there are problems, but the deflection is curious. You're not the only one to do this, of course, it happens all the time on almost every thread. Why does this happen? Have you no opinion on the Iranians that you need to deflect attention...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Fair question

I think Iran has all the right to make nuclear power if they so desire.

I think Iran has demonstrated many times that they do NOT want
war with anyone , but realize that if Washington wants to invade or
start a war , they are screwed.

Case in point IRAQ ,

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Man that article is so full of holes. I wasn't going to post this reply but I couldn't help but want to show how dubious this article really is.

Rank and Hirschl don't quite do this; instead they use all their data to estimate the probability of being on food stamps at age 1; then they use all the kids who were in the study for ages 1-2 to estimate the prob of being on food stamps at age 2, if they were not on food stamps at age 1; . . . and for their last step, they use the subset of kids who were in the study continuously for ages 1-20 to estimate the prob of being on food stamps at age 20, for kids who were not on food stamps for the first 19 years. Put these together and you can figure out the probability of ever having food stamps.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Interesting. I didn't actually read it I was actually correct the unreasonable claim that 50% of children are on food stamps.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I do stand corrected , the number of 50% was in a thread by

David167 (something like that) ,

I looked , and the number is only 25%

1 in 4

thats ok I guess , current.com...

Feel free to spread this succuss of democracy

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Great - so this topic isn't about US children on food stamps. If someone wants to start a new thread about that topic, please let me know as I would be interested in it.

In the meantime, let's get back to the Original Topic, shall we? It's presently news worthy/discussion worthy, I would say. Here are some pictures to get the ball rolling again...

Tehran Clashes - in pictures

[edit on 28-12-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Your right , this is a current topic, and I will try not to de-rail this topic

I consider myself very Anti-War

So I find myself on ATS defending Iran a lot.

I realize that media propaganda can make anyone the bad guy.

Where was Fox during the other recent middle east conflicts ?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Is this not a case in which there is an internal conflict going on?
Where is the threat of war?

[edit on 28-12-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Yes , this is internal issues

I think this is only a start , there is a sentiment to overthrow the
current admin.

There probably be many more deaths as well.

Politics in Iran is never peaceful.

but it is None Of Our Business (western world)

Sure , with the various ways of communication today , we can follow the events as they transpire, but only as spectators.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Tick tock the clock is slowly but surely ticking on the evil Iranian regime . IMO the problem is now two fold the first being that such regimes will do crazy things to try and distract people in order to try and stay in power . Just look at the cause behind the Falklands War . Any crazy stunt that Iran would pull would involve nukes . The second part of the problem is that any kind of military action or outside interference will drive the protesters back into the arms of the evil regime .

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Iranian student protester Neda Soltan is Times Person of the Year

Neda Soltan did not vote in her country's election, but was appalled by the rigging of the result. Since she was shot in a democracy protest, her face has become an opposition symbol

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Here is an interesting perspective I'll let it speak for itself.

On the Ropes

Iranian.com

The military regime in Tehran is in its final days. The signs of an imminent collapse, perfectly traceable on the Iranian streets, are evading the most prominent Washington experts. The slogans on the walls, the nighttime chorus of Allah-o-akbar on the rooftops, the crowds chanting "death to the dictator," all signaling a collective defiance despite the brutal backlash, and all reflecting a mass mobilization unseen since the 1979 revolution.

The recurring cycles of peaceful protests and state violence is part of a larger transformation sweeping through Iran.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join