It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

blue moon Lunar Eclipse on news years eve 2009 into 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
amandabauer.blogspot.com...

forgive me if this has been posted before , i just think this is a rare event on this date .

but ill be watching it as well as the volcanic and earthquake activity that may or may not increase over this coming weekend .

after reading my reply s on this i thought to improve it with better links and more of them .

juliedemboski.wordpress.com...

scienceray.com...

[edit on 27/12/09 by alysha.angel]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Blue here means it is an extra lunar eclipse.

A blue moon is a full moon that is not timed to the regular monthly pattern. Most years have twelve full moons which occur approximately monthly, but in addition to those twelve full lunar cycles, each calendar year contains an excess of roughly eleven days. The extra days accumulate, so that every two or three years (on average about every 2.7154 years[1]), there is an extra full moon. The extra moon is called a "blue moon." Different definitions place the "extra" moon at different times.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by shakespear1
Blue here means it is an extra lunar eclipse.

A blue moon is a full moon that is not timed to the regular monthly pattern. Most years have twelve full moons which occur approximately monthly, but in addition to those twelve full lunar cycles, each calendar year contains an excess of roughly eleven days. The extra days accumulate, so that every two or three years (on average about every 2.7154 years[1]), there is an extra full moon. The extra moon is called a "blue moon." Different definitions place the "extra" moon at different times.

yeah but how often does one fall on news years eve?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I gotta try to keep sober enough to see this without jumping, falling over and proclaming its a fariy or something.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
That is freaky.
This is quite a rare event.
I wonder how it would relate to the ancients and their many festivals around the winter solstice period.
Why in the world do we even use this stupid calendar?
That much lack of syncrhonicity with the moon could be a major reason why human societies are in such chaos

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
That is freaky.
This is quite a rare event.
I wonder how it would relate to the ancients and their many festivals around the winter solstice period.
Why in the world do we even use this stupid calendar?
That much lack of syncrhonicity with the moon could be a major reason why human societies are in such chaos

i agree ,

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

on new years eve, the sun will float almost directly between the sun and the moon, causing a partial lunar eclipse.

are the people who made the link the OP posted used to not proof reading?
or are they just retarded???

lmao...

[edit on 27-12-2009 by baphomet420]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
rain forcast for Sydney on NYE!! ahwell ;(

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
20 more min and somone will post on here how this is a precurser to the NWO, 2012, the next norway spiral, aliens, prodject blue beam, and the bible code. ANYTHING but a natural occurance. lmao I sit here rivited, waiting to read...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
AWESOME! Just hoping that I'm not too far south to miss out, will give me something to stay awake for!

To the OP, thanx for this info, I'll let my dad know too, we've been watching the skies together since I was about 2 years old!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

It is very confusing, isn't it? How much easier life would be if we all followed a moon calendar with everything running on 4 week months. We could even keep the 7 day week system and have 13 months in a year. Would it really be so hard to change it? Probably! lol!

With regard to the Blue Moon, I didn't realise that this was coming up, but I did have a feeling that this New Year was going to be special for some reason....I thought just for personal reasons as the next year is so important to me.

Found some linkies with information for people who might be interested in the more woo woo stuff, like me....
...although they seems to be more interested in the fact that there will be a partial lunar eclipse more than the occurance of the Blue Moon

astrological-events.suite101.com...

www.astrology.co.uk...

www.sedonanewagecenter.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

I agree, a lunar calander would be the obvious one to choose when looking at it. The seasons would all be in exact proper times, it would be easier for farmers and sailers, and the years last longer so we all become younger

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeoplesSoldier
20 more min and somone will post on here how this is a precurser to the NWO, 2012, the next norway spiral, aliens, prodject blue beam, and the bible code. ANYTHING but a natural occurance. lmao I sit here rivited, waiting to read...

“Anyone can be a millionaire, but to become a billionaire you need an astrologer. ”
~John Pierpont Morgan

Nothing more to add, just leave it there for proplr to ponder

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

I for one have been looking forward to this all year.

Whether or not it is physically visible doesn't really matter to me (as a Pagan) ... it is the subtle influences exhuded by such an event that are important.

I will certainly be acknowledging it with a specially designed ritual just for this occasion.

Remember guys ... be careful what you wish for !

Happy New Year everyone.

Woody

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
reply to post by caitlinfae

I agree, a lunar calander would be the obvious one to choose when looking at it. The seasons would all be in exact proper times, it would be easier for farmers and sailers, and the years last longer so we all become younger

What an excellent idea! I hadn't thought about the getting younger with this system, but it works....I'm 44 next month, which means I'm 528 months old if we use our present system. However....change it to a lunar calendar, with 13 months in a year, and suddenly, I'm just over 40 again!!! YES!!!!
I'm so happy! I'm going to adopt this even if no-one else does. Thank you so much.

new topics

top topics

join