It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universe measured. 156 billion light years wide?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Interesting..

www.space.com...

Also includes some other theorys proven wrong by this study..

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
wow, awesome find. i still am going to keep on thinking the universe is much larger than even that though. just because we can't see anything past 14-billion light years (or 78-billion light years, in this case) doesn't mean there isn't anything beyond it.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
That is a very nice find. I still have trouble wrapping my lobes around the idea that the universe is expanding inside of nothing. 156 billion! That is almost the same as saying infinity, or it might as well be as far as the human species and space travel is concerned. Its a pity, I always wanted to fly a spaceship to the edge of the universe, which may or may not be possible.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I find it interesting that they say we could never see an old earth. If we discovered how to make worm holes.. went 13 billion light years out and looked through a powerful telescope at our solar system. Would we not be seeing it as it was 13 billion years ago? If we then decided to come back toward earth and view it on our way could we not record the history of our solar system as we came closer?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
That's one helluva ruler they have there. Maybe after they are done measuring the universe they can get back to work measuring my lawn. Chop chop.

new topics

top topics

join