It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How prevalent are human parasites and should you be concerned?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Rid Your Body of Parasites

Parasite Symptoms and How to Rid Your Body of Them

Gillian McKeith website on human Parasites

I am not endorsing or necessarily agreeing with any or all of the information on the above websites and video. This is just a sampling to start our discussion.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well the goverment is pretty prevalent so you should be concerned as for the beasties and things to eat me, bite me ect ect at least I can, kill, run away from or just plan avoid.

edit: Can I liken a goverment to a parasite? well it sucks just about everything it can from me, money, freedom seems like a parasite to me.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by jpmail]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

Our daily news is sprinkled with reports of invasions of various forms. One recent story that has been covered by most news outlets tells of an introduced foreign species of carp that is on the verge of invading the Great Lakes. Immigration is discussed in various forms regularly here and in the MSM. The evidence of these types of "invasions" are easily detected.

Geographical locations can be readily infested in this manner. What of our bodies? Sure, colds, flu, virus, fungus and bacteria. We can agree on those (I think) and we all likely have some personal experience and a measure of how prevalent those are in our lives. But what of larger invaders? What of the parasites? Yes the microbial sized invaders can be considered parasites. I'm talking in general of organisms that we could readily see with the naked eye outside our bodies. The CDC includes microscopic protozoa into this group. I bow to their expertise of course.

A parasite is an organism that lives on or in a host organism and gets its food from or at the expense of its host. There are three main classes of parasites that can cause disease in humans:

* Protozoa
* Helminths
* Ectoparasites

- from the CDC website

Here's the CDC article:

About Parasites

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Infomercials on television and the plethora of Internet sites I've seen today warn me of impending doom from not eating high fiber and detoxing my body in various manners. Supplements abound that repel and combat the parasites in their various nooks and crannies. The most frequently recommended plan of attack appears to be flushing the buggers out of my colon from one end of me or the other.

The symptoms caused by parasites in the body are reported as similar if not identical to other causes. And so you can get flu like symptoms from a parasitic infection or the flu. Parasites can apparently cause weight gain, malnutrition, fatigue, angina, anxiety, depression, itching, headache, forgetfulness, sinusitis and the list goes on and on.

Table of Possible Symptoms of Parasite infestation.

It would seem if you can imagine a symptom you could conceivably blame a parasitic infection.

My questions to you:

How prevalent is parasitic infection?

How concerned do I/we need to be?

Have you experienced this?

What have you found that helps?

Are the frightening infomercials right?

Thanks in advance for your input.

I'll be back, a yummy bowl of "Colon Blow" is calling out to me!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

Thanks. That is one angle and one parasite I should have included in the write up. Especially here on ATS.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
yea, many, they come from food, water, other stuff, i rid of them with HULDA ZAPPER on a monthly basis, or when i feel like, its easier and quicker than with those cleanse programmes

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Taxes/Banksters and tricksters who suck the life from you aside.
Most wormy parasites can be taken care of with the proper dose of ivermectan which can be bought at feed stores for about 10-20$.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by ..5..]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'm not going to worry about any of those little beasts. It's the human ones we have to fear.

I listened to a guy on NPR awhile back talk about hookworms. His take on it was that man has been infested by these pests since the beginning of time. He suggested hookworms became a normal part of human biology and went further suggesting they actually evolved right along with us. It's possible they provided us with benefits in exchange for being such a good host.

This man purposely ingested a hookworm. He said the worse it could do was make one anemic which could easily be treated while leaving the hookworm intact. The life of the worm depends on maintaining a beneficial environment. I know it sounds crazy but this man was using a hookworm to control his horrible asthma and allergies.

Before gut worms were eradicated in the West 50 or so years ago allergies – caused by the overreaction of the immune system – were virtually unheard of, now in the UK one third of us suffers from some sort of allergy.

So scientists are looking to see if there’s a connection between gut worms and allergies, they are wondering if gut worms can somehow damp down the immune system to make it easier for them to live in the intestine without coming under attack. themoderatevoice.com... ate+Voice%29

I'm in no way advocating this. It does kind of make sense though there is so much still unknown about certain "useless" organs in our bodies. Early humans evolved in very primitive conditions. Who's to say our ancient bodies didn't form a working relationship with parasites.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelx666

yea, many, they come from food, water, other stuff, i rid of them with HULDA ZAPPER on a monthly basis, or when i feel like, its easier and quicker than with those cleanse programmes

Thank you. Here's the website for that product:

Dr Hulda Clark Zappers

What do you notice after using this product? Do you get specific feedback that it works or is working while you use it?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ..5..
Taxes/Banksters and tricksters who suck the life from you aside.
Most wormy parasites can be taken care of with the proper dose of ivermectan which can be bought at feed stores for about 10-20$.

Is that approved for human use? It seems to be commonly used by vets but not for humans. I wonder why my MD never considers parasites as a problem. Is this because they are only a minor concern for most people? Or are these one of those things where they can't bill you very much for an enema, a bran muffin or an inexpensive broad based parasitic treatment?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morningglory
I'm not going to worry about any of those little beasts. It's the human ones we have to fear.

I listened to a guy on NPR awhile back talk about hookworms. His take on it was that man has been infested by these pests since the beginning of time. He suggested hookworms became a normal part of human biology and went further suggesting they actually evolved right along with us. It's possible they provided us with benefits in exchange for being such a good host.

This man purposely ingested a hookworm. He said the worse it could do was make one anemic which could easily be treated while leaving the hookworm intact. The life of the worm depends on maintaining a beneficial environment. I know it sounds crazy but this man was using a hookworm to control his horrible asthma and allergies.

Before gut worms were eradicated in the West 50 or so years ago allergies – caused by the overreaction of the immune system – were virtually unheard of, now in the UK one third of us suffers from some sort of allergy.

So scientists are looking to see if there’s a connection between gut worms and allergies, they are wondering if gut worms can somehow damp down the immune system to make it easier for them to live in the intestine without coming under attack. themoderatevoice.com... ate+Voice%29

I'm in no way advocating this. It does kind of make sense though there is so much still unknown about certain "useless" organs in our bodies. Early humans evolved in very primitive conditions. Who's to say our ancient bodies didn't form a working relationship with parasites.

Thank you for that. This would also answer my question to some extent as to why my MD never mentions parasites. Some consider them a normal part of the human life cycle. I am however glad to have finished my "Colon Blow" before reading that.

You also spurred another question, speaking of ingesting parasites. What about sushi? Look at how that's exploded in the mainstream. It used to be a very exotic dish. Now it seems every strip mall in town has a sushi restaurant or take out. Raw fish and parasites.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere

Thank you. Here's the website for that product:

Dr Hulda Clark Zappers

What do you notice after using this product? Do you get specific feedback that it works or is working while you use it?

it works, kills parasites, purifies blood and gives you energy and a good sleep, i bought it on eBay for 55 dollars or something.

i had a flu symptoms ones and fixed in two hours with it.

i normally just do it when i want to have extra energy and a good sleep.

i think ridding of parasites is very important and it is much quicker than boring and expensive juice cleanse programmes, although i drink goji juice too

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

You're welcome. Consider it food for thought

Reminds me of The Three Stooges. Curly orders burnt toast and a rotten egg and tells Moe "I got a tapeworm and that's good enough for him!"

We used to go fishing in Minnesota one summer we were told not to eat the Bass they were full of worms. I imagine early man ate some pretty gross stuff. I've heard insects can carry parasites that can be passed on if ingested.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Reminds me of The Three Stooges. Curly orders burnt toast and a rotten egg and tells Moe "I got a tapeworm and that's good enough for him!"

We used to go fishing in Minnesota one summer we were told not to eat the Bass they were full of worms. I imagine early man ate some pretty gross stuff. I've heard insects can carry parasites that can be passed on if ingested.

"Why soytanly!" I do remember that one too. "Nyuck!"

No doubt early man was assaulted by these too and to an extent we can't imagine. It's hard to believe anyone survived when you consider all the hazards of a hunter/gatherer life.

Yes, another good point that these things are passed on by various innocuous means. You can swallow a gnat or get bit by a fly or mosquito and boom. Skin contact, breathing them in in various forms, ingesting both intended and by accident and apparently people spread them too. And so people from one area get on a plane or in a car and just like the flu, another state, country or continent gets an exotic parasite.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Since most people don't practice entomophagy, these cases are just some curiosities. Much more parasites are transmitted through insect bites. But if you like to eat insects, stay away from fleas, because you may get infected with tapeworms. Also it is good to avoid uncooked ants. They may be controlled by one parasite which is a master of mind control. The Lancet liver fluke Dicrocoelium dendriticum infects the brain of befallen ants and alters their behaviour. If you eat these zombie-ants, you may get infected.
workforce.cup.edu...
en.wikipedia.org...

Eating raw meat and fish, is a good way to infect yourself with parasites. Especially roundworms (nematodes) like the herring worm are transmitted eating Sushi. I know a nematologist, who said, that most nematologists are vegetarians, because they know how abundant many species are in meat.

By the way, the life cycle of the pork tapeworm was detected by the theologian and Hebrew scholar Gottlob Friedrich Heinrich Küchenmeister. He fed prisoners, condemned to death, with infected meat.

The two types of tapeworms were not apparent until the middle of the 19th century when Kuchenmeister discover the differences between Taenia solium (the pork tapeworm) and T. saginata (the beef tapeworm) by recognizing that the heads (scolex) differed slightly (Cox, 557).

In 1784 Johann August Ephraim Goeze, a German pastor, observed that the tapeworms in humans were similar to the ones found in the muscles of pigs. Seventy years later, Kuchenmeister performed a controversial experiment in which he fed T. solium infested pork to prisoners on death row and recovered adult tapeworms after the prisoners’ deaths (Cox, 557).

web.clark.edu...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Through improved hygiene measures many parasites have become rare in many industrialized countries. If they would be more likeable animals, they would have been categorized as endangered species.

So in my opinion the posted video is nonsense. The USA does not have bigger problems with parasites than Africa. Perhaps, Mrs Gloria Gilbére, the holistic rejuvenist, is also a qualified parasitologist or epidemiologist, but I doubt it. This interview sounds just like fearmongering. Even organic food is demonized. I want to see some data. Which parasites are very common and cause great problems? I googled a bit and found some websites which linked parasites to psoriasis, but they failed to convince me.

AFAIK the only very common endoparasite in the United States are Giardia, Toxoplasma, Trichomonas and Cryptosporidium. Like in all other counties of the world, face mites (Demodex) have infected a large percentage of the population, but they rarely cause problems.
www.cdc.gov...

Ectoparasites like ticks are a problem. They transmit numerous known diseases like Lyme disease or plague and also some unknown diseases. But you find them in other countries as well. If you have other info and can point to parasites which cause more problems in the USA, than Schistosoma (schistosomiasis) or Plasmodium (malaria) cause in Africa, please post it.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I don't believe the human parasite "problem" is one that should promote concern amongst people in general.

From all that I have read, there appears to be a low level of material health issues associated with human parasites.

I wonder how long it will be before someone throws a "Morgellons" comment into this thread?

[edit on 27-12-2009 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

yea, many, they come from food, water, other stuff, i rid of them with HULDA ZAPPER on a monthly basis,

Pity the Hulda Zapper does nothing at all for parasites....

www.quackwatch.com...

It is supposed to cure cancer, but Hulda Regehr Clark died from cancer.....

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Thought you were going to be talking about people like my sister, a true human parasite who'll steal from you at every opportunity. Even had to get a permanent restraining order for our mother against her.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

You are confusing a parasitic human with a human parasite.

I think I prefer the latter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join