It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greifswald, Germany, August 24, 1990

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Hi,
this is a case from Germany from 1990. Many old members will already know about this, and I`m not going to present anything new about it. But maybe some new members will be interested. It has some really good footage.

On August 24, 1990, many independent witnesses observed formations of luminous spheres in the sky near the city of Greifswald, located close to the coast of the Baltic Sea. Many eyewitness reports backed up by videos and photographs make this case one of the best documented sightings in Europe. Although the degree of strangeness in this case is not very high, no scientific explanation has been found to date. Some skeptics have tried to reduce the characteristics of this phenomenon to known one. But, so far, no one has successfully explained all the data observed and documented. The skeptics seem to be satisfied with any possible explanation. But from a scientific point of view a possibility is only the starting point for gathering evidence and the search for confirmation. In the ”Greifswald case” no convincing explanations for any hypothesis could be found.

Source

This is the best video I could find. I like the part starting at 2.14 the most.

I hope you like it as I do.

Have a nice day,
derpif

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
These look just like military flares to me. If you watch from the 7:20 mark for the next minute or so, where there is an object in the foreground for reference (a tree), you can clearly see that the flares are descending gradually, as well as being blown by the wind from left to right.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Thanks for your reply.
The Mufon report states the following:

At about 9:00 p.m. the objects faded away one after the other, like luminous ammunition would (Fig. 4). However, after a few minutes, the Y-formation suddenly reappeared somewhat to the north-east of the first location with nearly the same shape and seemingly brighter and bigger to the witnesses on the Isle of Ruegen. The reappearance was noticed by witnesses on Ruegen and in Neubrandenburg, which is about 100 km away

But it is possible.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
i think there is one ET craft and one military craft, but i'm not sure...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by derpif
The Mufon report states the following:

At about 9:00 p.m. the objects faded away one after the other, like luminous ammunition would (Fig. 4). However, after a few minutes, the Y-formation suddenly reappeared somewhat to the north-east of the first location with nearly the same shape and seemingly brighter and bigger to the witnesses on the Isle of Ruegen. The reappearance was noticed by witnesses on Ruegen and in Neubrandenburg, which is about 100 km away

That would seem to fit with another batch of flares being dropped.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Mrs Vinogradova, living with her husband Valery in the same house on the second floor, was alerted by the noisy children in the street. She said it sounded as if they were observing something very unusual. Through the window she saw about 50 people looking at the sky. She noticed two luminous groups of lights in the sky and proceeded to call her husband, who works as a translator. He took a photo at the moment when two objects joined a formation of three lights that were already present (Camera: Zenith-E; Lens: Industar 50 mm; film: SweMA-G5Gost, 18° DIN). This group of objects later formed a ring of 7 luminous spheres. The ring-shaped group disappeared after being clearly visible for a few minutes. The other group, higher up and further away, was not clearly visible at the beginning. As the ring-shaped group disappeared, the Y-formation became focused and clear. At first there were only 4 objects in this group, forming a cross. Then 2 more came shooting toward it and a little while later another object appeared between the upper lights. Ludmilla Ivanova filmed for about 4 minutes, but the group was still visible for another 15 minutes. The objects seemed to rotate about their axes.

Do military flares behave that way?
I don`t know.
And it further states:

Mr. and Mrs. Groeschel provided a 15-minute video of the lights. They witnessed the phenomena while they were staying in the village of Uckeritz on the Isle of Usedom. It can clearly be seen in the video that the Y-formation drifted with the wind (15 km/h) toward Peenemuende. Peenemuende was the former production facility for V-2 rockets, and at the time a Russian military base. Since this video camera was very light-sensitive, the cloud background in the movie is sufficiently bright and clear to reveal minor details. This enabled us to rule out a few possible explanations. The lights could not have been caused by luminous ammunition or light bombs, because they all burn only between 3 minutes and a maximum of 10 minutes and they would have parachutes attached to them, which would have shown up on this video (Fig. 7).

[edit on 27-12-2009 by derpif]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Good video,have not seen it before.
Is it possible that it was not two crafts but one craft projecting light and it is reflecting in the atmosphere?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Its lights on the window, look closely, you will see that the lights pass in front of the power lines. You can see this easily at the end of the video, the lights are in front of the power lines, and notice how day and night, their at the same location. It's lights being projected on to the glass of the window!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

Yes clearly.

These lights on the window were filmed from multiple witnesses.
Did you even read the Mufon report in the OP?
There are at least 7 different videos from this incident and hundreds of witnesses. It is really a well known case.
I can accept that this might be flares but it is certainly not a fake.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tracey ace

I don`t think so because one formation is ring shaped and the other one has an Y shape. But I`m no expert on this.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by derpif

Thank you for your interesting report & link pertaining to the Greifswald sightings, derpif.

My first response to the video was that I was viewing flares.

However, the details as expounded in the source report throw serious doubt into the arguments that the objects are flares.

I will go & look for earlier threads regarding these sightings, to see what came up in the members' discussion.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thank you.
Let me know what you could find, I did a search and found nothing.

Have a nice day,
derpif

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by derpif

I just did a search.

However it came up with very little..........just a few references & almost no discussion.

So "good on you" for starting this thread on this interesting case

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by derpif

Of course you would say that because its your thread, and your the believer. Witness's are easy to find, and it's called communication. Seen it time and time again, a friend calls a friend, family etc, presto, you got a mass sighting. All of course based on lies, and light reflections off window. Look at the footage, tell me why the lights pass in front of the power lines?.. Because their reflections.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

G'day again Mr_skepticc

I think the appearance of the objects passing in front of the power lines is a "bokeh" or "airy disc" effect (i.e. it is because the objects are out of focus). The seemingly "round" shape of the objects & the apparent "holes" in the middle of the objects supports this theory.

That part of the video shows the objects descending very slowly in formation, much as flares would.

Based on that video, I would be more suspicious of the objects being flares, not reflections.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
According to official report the lights were seen (and photographed as the article implies) in another city 100km away. Therefore it could not have been lights projected onto a window.

By the way, usually when you shine a light at a reflective surface you see other things in the background from where the light is coming from.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by keagan13
According to official report the lights were seen (and photographed as the article implies) in another city 100km away. Therefore it could not have been lights projected onto a window.

By the way, usually when you shine a light at a reflective surface you see other things in the background from where the light is coming from.

As I stated above, my first response to the video was that I was viewing flares.

However, the details as expounded in the source report throw serious doubt into the arguments that the objects are flares.

It is an interesting case

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by derpif

Woah great video 1990?!

Haven't seen this one before - Thanks!

new topics

top topics

join