It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Orange Balls of light on Boxing Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Yes, it's another fuzzy, no references, balls of light in the sky video!! But it's my fuzzy, no references balls of light in the sky video.

Right, background. I was upstairs trying to wake myself up, (having just woken up on the sofa dowstairs) by having a mix on the ol' turntables and a bit of a boggie. (never fails to wake you up does that) When toward the end of my little mix, I noticed a light heading east (ish) It was going in a straight line, didn't seem to be going too fast, but it took it about 1 minute to get out of view on the horizon. I didn't get the camera for this one, as I didn't know there would be more. As soon as it was out of view another one came out, from right over my head, and I legged it down to get my phone. (it's better than my digital camera
Sony C905 if you want to know) Anyway, one after the other they came until the last one. I went outside to see if there was anymore, but that was it.

I will upload the hard file straight from the phone if you like, but it's not exactly groundbreaking footage

I've seen chinese lanterns before, on a few occasions, and these looked nothing like it. With lanterns you can see that it's a small flame, with an outer case. These just looked like they were all "flame" . Oh, and before anyone reads anything into it, my dog was barking at another dog in the distance (who may well have been barking at these, or pretty much anything else incliuding it's own reflection, dogs bark alot) And the triangular shaped lights you see at the bottom every now and then are normal lights on the top of a hill.

Anyway, without further gabble, here are my 2 little videos
(obligatory swear warning for the easily offended)

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I would still call Chinese lanterns on that one mate, they are a big trend at the moment and at that distance they can look different... For instance because there is a big trend it stands to reason there will be a variety of models available (let alone ones you can make your self for a party or something)...

Just something like thicker tissue, or less wind on that night can reduce the flickering from the flame, some I've seen (the larger ones) have 3 little candles, so each one could cancel out the others flickering.

Also boxing day is a prime day for party's - sorry bud, to me I would say tissue paper and a flame on the breeze (I hope the UFO's don't figure out this would be a good way to mask their operations!!!)

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your vids...

Not sure what to think...
could be Chinese lanterns...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
They all went in a nice straight line, evenly spaced. Didn't flap about in the breeze at all. I've seen them a few times (lanterns) And when these were right over my head, they were pretty close, few hundred feet up max. (do lanterns even go that high?) So I got a pretty good look at them from quite close.

If they'd behaved like lanterns, I'd agree with you Now Then, they had the general size and colour. But not the behaviour. I'm not so easily convinced, but then, I had more than a grainy youtube video to go on

[edit on 27/12/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

My initial thoughts were Chinese Lanterns.
I know there is a bit of a fad with them at present, several were let off from my pub over the Christmas period.

However, I noticed that you stated that one of them stopped and was stationary in the sky for a period of time.
As you say, Chinese Lanterns can not do that.

They all seemed to follow a similar trajectory through the sky, lanterns would not do that and would fly away in seperate directions.

Very interesting, perhaps there are film experts here on ATS who could provide better analysis of your film?

Edit: Poor grammar

[edit on 27/12/09 by Freeborn]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

hehe - grainey youtube helped make the internet what it is today! - maybe a good excuse to drop a couple hundred on a telescope? - but even then you'd need a camera to attach and have it with you all the time and so on...

I've see lanterns at a couple of hundred feet before, suppose it depende on how cool the surrounding air is and what the wind currents are doing that day, on a calm nights the ones I've seen make a kinda lazy random movement quite vertically and then they pretty soon level out and take off in the direction of the wind, that's when they all seem to line up. So stopping when travelling like that would be strange.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I live in the UK too, but a different area to you.

I saw the exact same kind of thing last night (boxing day) and i think it was a Chinese lantern. The reason being because the night before (christmas day), i was walking my dog on a field. I saw a dark shape floating in the sky, i assumed it to be some kind of bird but i couldn't tell. It got lower and landed, so i went over to it.

At first i thought it was a bin bag but i picked it up and it was a Chinese lantern.

Anyway that's my thoughts on the subject.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Sky Lanterns (the correct term for these gizmos) are lighter than air and do exactly what the local air currents are doing. They can be moving one second and apparently stationary the next. They can rise up to several hundred feet, maybe a thousand or more. IMO glowing orange lights, in groups, in lines, flickering and fading out are 100% sky lanterns.

WG3

[edit on 27-12-2009 by waveguide3]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Look it's party season. How many more Chinese lantern reports are we going to see before we get to New Year? I think I'll set off a few myself and get everyone in a tizz

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I was looking for this thread. No, ABSOLUTLEY NOT CHINESE LANTERNS. I was in Crystal Palace looking over London when one of these streaked across the sky then stopped and slowly continued on its way until I couldn’t see it anymore. I was just searching the news. But I did not see any reference.

It was odd as I was looking for flight lights but there were none. It was bright and fast and left me feeling that I had seen something definitely strange. I thought it might be a helicopter but it stopped very fast after travelling at some speed.

Looked like a Chinese lantern but unless they can travel very fast, then I don’t think so.

Once it had stopped it moved backwards then forwards before moving on at what appeared more of a reconnaissance speed.

Thanks for posting Acidtastic. Unless someone can come up with an explanation then I can say I have really seen a UFO.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Top one on the footage Acidtastic. Excellent filming, using a mobile to film them is tricky. Found it amusing you'd just been on the decks, in some ways that may have put you in a level of positivity to connect with the ufo orbs.

You mention them being full flame. Looking at the footage I know where you're coming from, they do look too bright for lanterns. At this point I'm going with amber/orange type ufo orbs.

Btw where did you see them? The location is very important with these types. Check if a major stone circle/ley line runs through the location where you saw them.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Their laterns, its easy to see the wind blowing them in the same direction.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Funny that people always say "oh, it can't be lanterns", but never bother to check which way the wind is blowing at the time of the sighting. ATS members should know better too.

Perhaps because they couldn't stand to learn that the amazing "UFO" they just saw might just be another sky-lantern?

As they say, ignorance is bliss!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Thanks for your videos & your report, Acidtastic.

If you check the wind for the time of your viewing, that will help to determine if the objects you viewed were chinese lanterns.

You need to remember that wind at ground level can have a different direction & velocity than the wind a few hundred feet higher. Therefore you need to get balloon release data if you can locate it.

The objects look like chinese lanterns to me because of:

- The shape

- The colour

- The consistent, unchanging direction of movement

I also think it is quite possible that when one of the objects was apparently stationary, that may have been parallax error.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
What I saw was moving in a North Easterly direction at speed before coming to a stop. It moved backwards before proceeding in the same direction at a slower speed.

It was a clear night. I couldn’t tell you at what height the UFO was travelling at but must have been at a distance from me of between 3 and 5 miles.

I haven’t been able to determine the winds direction but this site www.meteogroup.co.uk... said the wind speed was 4 bft or 20-28 km/h. It was moving much faster then that.

I saw only one.

What’s more, you ever catch a spider out of the corner of your eye and as soon as you see it, it freezes, that’s how it felt with this thing. Come to think of it, it felt like it was looking back at me.

Very strange. Chinese lantern? No. This thing was moving like an aircraft, and was much bigger then a Chinese lantern.

I to would like to know your location or around abouts Acidtastic.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by kode]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kode

Your sighting sounds interesting, kode.

Here's a little "food for thought" with a view to delving into your report just a little........

It can be extremely difficult (if not almost impossible) to estimate distance to an object such as the one you describe.

If you cannot accurately estimate distance, you cannot accurately estimate:

- Height

- Velocity

- Size

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

From where I was it must be around 8 miles to the centre of London. I was on top of a hill looking over London and I could pretty much tell it was around halfway between. If say for instance it was a police helicopter, which it was not, as im used to seeing those I would have been able to judge the distance on one of those for sure.

But anyway who knows, only the aliens flying the thing I guess.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kode

It's a complicated topic

You mention a police helicopter......

That reminds me of those incidents a little while back wherein the London police reported sighting (& chasing ?) a small illuminated cylindrical object that appeared to then fly off over the channel.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Could a Chinese lantern travel that fast?

Watching that reminds me of the flying turtle.

Not sure if that works as i have never used youtube before.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kode

Hey, thanks for that

Now I'm thinking there were 2 incidents around that time involving police helicopters.

Wasn't there a 2nd incident wherein there was a detailed report but no video?

I'll have to have a look later on.

top topics

join