It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in Iran - CNN and Al Jazeera (english) Breaking News

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I've been trying, with limited success.. to log into RaheSabz.net that's the Opposition parties web site... it seems there under a DOS attack today... seems the TPTB don't want the rest of the world tp learn whats going on over there... link to that site (if you can connect) can be found on my thread here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
Cue all the assholes saying the riots are CIA created. Idiots.

All someone has to do and look back at history.

1953 Iranian coup d'état.

brush up a little on history and you will find that most coup d'état are backed and funded by foreign powers trying to undermine the current goverment for their own benefit.

can you remember How much money good old GWB put into covert operations into Iran?
here is a little video for you to look at.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Although I don't doubt that there is a pretty big group of people over in Iran fighting for change and everything, I don't believe that they're a majority in any way. We have biased news sources in the US that will keep showing stories like this, people fighting for 'freedom', and trying to twist it to demonize the leaders of Iran to get more sympathy and support for those trying to push our beliefs onto them. Not to mention the whole twitter thing being used to try and make our population feel that they're all being oppressed when I feel that is the completely wrong way to see it and, in my opinion, mostly there for being used as propaganda against their president.

Sure we have pictures of some protesters being stopped by their forces but that would be the same exact thing that would happen in our country if people were starting any sort of riots. But when they do it over in Iran we have so many people thinking their government right now is evil and must be wiped out. If I were to do the same thing over here, standing up for what I believe and starting my own protest group, I would be called a nutjob and a terrorist probably. but when a minority over Iran want OUR views, their president is an evil man that just tries to crush change WE think they should have. The protesters don't stand for the entire population of Iran or else the entire country would join together to change the way things are.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Cue all the assholes saying the riots are CIA created. Idiots.

The quality of that went into the above quote is as astounding. Keep those observations coming jonny2410! This thread could not of been bumped with out you.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

It's easy to put a page on a site saying that they are under attack, that doesn't mean it's true.

It looks like it is working now.

[edit on 27/12/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by DaddyBare

It's easy to put a page on a site saying that they are under attack, that doesn't mean it's true.

Exactly, people always believe these people so easily. Remember a few months back and the bbc and iran, and iran blamed rightly the bbc for trying to cause problems in there country.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Lol it seems i struck a nerve with the anti US/Israel brigade. Don't worry you can still believe all your nonsense in your head

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hithe Merinos

Thanks for the videos friend!

Oh man!

Look how terribly beaten these Basji motorcycle police are getting by the people!

What a furious rage!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Do not forget that Israel has it's own external propaganda arm that has been running for years. Vis.

The Megaphone desktop tool is a Windows "action alert" tool developed by Give Israel Your United Support (GIYUS) and distributed by World Union of Jewish Students, World Jewish Congress, The Jewish Agency for Israel, World Zionist Organization, StandWithUs, Hasbara fellowships, HonestReporting, and other pro-Israel public relations, media watchdog, or activism organizations. The tool delivers real-time alerts about key articles, videos, blogs, and surveys related to Israel or the Arab-Israeli conflict, especially those perceived by GIYUS to be highly critical of Israel, so that users can vote or add comments expressing their support of Israel. The tool was released in July during the 2006 Lebanon War.

see the Wiki article here.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Apparently nobody saw the news yesterday, I saw on Euronews what was, apparently, the start of today's actions.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
guys lets not ignore our favored 3 letter agency

CIA did incite revolts in the past who says they dont do that now?

US and Israel could not find a reason to attack Iran openly so covert attacks are possible.

its just a theory .. so dont jump on me

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Lol it seems i struck a nerve with the anti US/Israel brigade. Don't worry you can still believe all your nonsense in your head

America admitted to doing sh1t in iran in the past and has done plenty of revolutions around the world. Why do you suspect these people somehow stopped?

America do you understand the term, admitted to doing this stuff in the past.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Thanks man

You welcome!

Check out this channel on YT it has tons of videos and gets updated freaquentley.
Onlymehdi`s channel

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Wait...You mean it's:
CIA's Fault
FBI's Fault
NSA's Fault
UK's Fault
EU's Fault
US's fault
Israelis' Fault

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

nice post! thanks for the addon!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flakey
reply to post by Mdv2

And what is so earth shattering scary about Iran getting "the bomb"? North Korea has it as does Israel. India and Pakistan have nukes and animosity yet both have refrained from nuking one another. One more nation goes nuclear. Not a big deal in the world scheme of things, all things considered.

I think Iran should be dealt with a hands off approach. The current attempts at nation destabilization have only caused riots and unrest but Ahmed is still in charge. And from the look of things he treats his people better than Kim Jon Il treats his. Other nations should accept Iran for what it is rather then tinkering with their politics to affect desired outcomes. Some may not like Ahmed but, I think the devil we know is better then the devil we don't.

Sure, why not? The more the merrier, right? Are you insane? Iran is known for using its proxies such as Hezbollah against Israel. Imagine that Iran would supply one of these extremist groups with a nuclear weapon. Iran could claim to have no relation to such a catastrophic event that would see an even worse Israeli retaliation.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

sure as heck isnt my fault

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Pakistan has had nukes and never gave them to any group.

That answers your question, and pakistan is far more radical, than iran is.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Sure, why not? The more the merrier, right? Are you insane? Iran is known for using its proxies such as Hezbollah against Israel. Imagine that Iran would supply one of these extremist groups with a nuclear weapon. Iran could claim to have no relation to such a catastrophic event that would see an even worse Israeli retaliation.

No, I am not insane.

Can you give proof that Iran uses proxies? Reputable links?

By your logic the taliban used Saudi Arabia as a proxy to commit the September Eleventh attacks considering the majority of the Hi jackers were from Saudi Arabia.

I doubt Iran would give away any nukes. I think they just want an even playing field like Pakistan and India share.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeoplesSoldier

LOL....

If you read it from PressTV, it sure is.....

Remember, it's everyones fault but their's....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join