It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof Positive that the Bible isn't a History Book: The Myth of Noah's Ark

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

American Indian version:

An Algonquin Legend

The god Michabo was hunting with his pack of trained wolves one day when he saw the strangest sight, the wolves entered a lake and disappeared. He followed them into the water to fetch them and as he did so, the entire world flooded.

Michabo then sent forth a raven to find some soil with which to make a new earth, but the bird returned unsuccessful in its quest.

Then Michabo sent an otter to do the same thing, but again to no avail.

Finally he sent the muskrat and she brought him back enough earth to begin the reconstruction of the world. The trees had lost their branches in the flood, so Michabo shot magic arrows at them that immediately became new branches covered with leaves.

Then Michabo married the muskrat and they became the parents of the human race.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

It's unfortunate, but it is true.

Christianity is actually a major factor for the time period of when I was an atheist. It was them that I rejected. I grew up in the bible belt, and seen the hypocrisy and so forth.

Then I had an experience and a few months later I read Jesus. I was like wow, he was saying exactly the things I learned. So I thought I was actually a Christian.

And then once again Christians stepped on it. As I found out again they didn't really understand Jesus, or follow in his example etc.

I'm pretty sure the same thing is the cause behind many atheists.

I think the smartest thing I ever did was to remove god from religious people.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

If there were another name for what I am, that I might not be confused with Christians
perhaps maybe that name would be a fool.
Anyone who has to question Paul and his commitment to spreading the good news like the poster above me has to be.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane

whatever gets you through the night hun, just keep making up more rubbish to back the fallacy, presipitation means rain.
I dont need to convince you of what science means, live in your happy land, by all means

[edit on 31-12-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Evidence of a flood, yes... Evidence of an Ark, NO...

I think plenty of evidence has been shown that hasn't been debunked.
Graduated the 10th? Ya made that one. IT wasn't until the third grade I had the sense to know that
with a supreme being you would have some sort of communicado.
I mean by the looks of the universe I'm pretty sure he could send us
his word through what ever means and have it reach us intact.
Only needed third grade for that.
I think the Bible is the living word. Sorry if you don't. I think it lives because it is the truth.
The truth lives forever, but lies die with those who tell them.

angus123

If every culture around the globe tells a similar story, where did said story come from?

I await your gravity defying gymnastics explaining that one, lol

Well I just don't have one because that isn't what I said Einstien.

That's a pretty intelligent way of thinking you have going on there.
I don't think the way of convenience for you about my beliefs so I
probably didn't graduate high school.

pompeous azz you almost hurt my feeling.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by randyvs]

That's exactly what you said. You got caught up in a logical spiderweb of your own making and youre mad because it's so obvious.
Sorry I almost hurt your feelings. I guess I wasn't trying hard enough

BTW... you cited the wrong post in your reply. Probably because the real one proves you to be a fool. Or you're just trying fix your obvious screw up.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Angus123]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil

If there were another name for what I am, that I might not be confused with Christians
perhaps maybe that name would be a fool.
Anyone who has to question Paul and his commitment to spreading the good news like the poster above me has to be.

Paul:

Romans 10

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

5For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above

7Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

8But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Jesus:

17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

According to the words of Jesus, Paul is called the least in the kingdom of heaven.

Paul

1 Cor 4

14I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.

15For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

16Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

Sons? 10 thousand instructers? Paul has begotten them? Paul is their father? Follow Paul because he is your father?

What does Jesus say about that?

Matthew 23

8But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

9And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

10Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

Rabbi = teacher. Hmmm, do not be called teacher? But Paul says 10,000 teachers? Why does Jesus say there is but 1 teacher/master?

And call no man your father upon the earth? Except Paul right? Follow nobody but Christ? I guess Jesus simply forgot to mention Paul's 10,000 teachers and the extra father.

If you want more, I got them. And unlike you, I don't need to resort to name calling to make my arguments.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
1. The size of the Ark itself when compared to it's cargo: According to the Bible, "The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits." The Egyptian cubit, which Genesis' author Moses would have been familiar with, is just over 20 inches (source). Using this, the Ark would have measured a little over 500 feet long, 84 feet wide and 50 feet tall. This is smaller than your average Cruise ship. Since there are no new species here on Earth since the flood (according to the Fundies, not me), it would have had to house over 9,134 mammals, not including humans or seagoing mammals such as whales and dolphins (source), over 16,450 reptiles (source), over 13,196 amphibians (source), over 20,000 birds (source), and over 1,800,000 insects (source) if he marched them in two by two as told by the Bible. Do I even need to mention the amount of food needed to feed so many for a 40 day 'cruise'???

although macroevolution (the belief that certain species evolved from other species) is hotly debated, microevolution is proven. any given species on earth has the genetic material nessesary to generate variety within its own "kind". those genetic varieties also have limits (see x-ray fruit fly experiments)

dogs for example have a wide variety of breeds. but they are still dogs, and they can still breed with other "breeds". but even with breeds changing to dramatic differences, they are still dogs.

take some dogs, place it somewhere where there are no dogs and you will see over hundreds of years a new spectrum of breeds.

noah did not take 2 of EVERY breed of animal. he took 2 of every kind.

genesis 7:14 They had with them every wild animal according to its kind, all livestock according to their kinds, every creature that moves along the ground according to its kind and every bird according to its kind, everything with wings.

so the numbers you present are grossly inaccurate.

2. The amount of rain needed to flood the Earth in only 40 days and 40 nights: Since the Bible states that "the Mountains were covered", it is safe to assume that the water rose at least 5,000 feet. In order to do this in 40 full 24 hour periods, it would have to rain 5.2 feet an hour! That's over an inch per minite, every minute for every hour for 40 full days... And since the Ark didn't have a bilge pump... Now this is based on 5,000 feet of flooding, but if we take the Bible absolutely literally, then the water covered all of the mountains, including Everest at 29,029 feet which would be over 30 feet of rain an hour! Yeah, not even close to possible!

fact - the entire earth (every square inch) is covered in a layer of chalk. this chalk is made from a tiny shelled creature that lives in water. if the water is too deep when the creature dies, then this shell disolves before hitting the sea floor. it only turns to chalk when the water is shallow. this means that it is a fact that the entire earth was covered in water, and that that water resceaded.

fact - catastrophic flooding can dramatically change landscapes. water has tremendous force. so if the noah story is true, then the topagraphical data would not have been the same today as it was then. so its possible your hieght figures are in accurate.

fact - earth can be covered in water. the water is there just in different forms. genesis refers to a canopy and wells.

3. The lack of genetic diversity in all species: Since with the exception of humans, waterborne mammals and fish, only two of each species survived, the lack of genetic diversity would have spelled the doom for every species on the Ark, yet the world is full of life today. There's a good reason you are not allowed to procreate with your sibling(s), and it's not just a moral reason! This applies to all species, not just humans.

actually you are mistaken. animals can inbreed. in fact many dog owners inbreed their dogs when they want to "fix" a trait. this allows preservation of pedigrees. the problem is when they continue to inbreed. but that is solved after 1 or 2 generations.

4. The diversity of ecosystems around the Earth: Marsupials are only found on Australia, Penguins are only found in Antartica, Polar bears are only found in the Artic Circle, all places that Noah never even heard of, so how did he collect these species and then put them back in their respective environments?

its called migration. they are capable of moving to a place that is more suited to them.

The answer is simple, he didn't. The entire story is pure hogwash! My point here is that if this one story from the 'Word of God' is false, who is to say which parts are true and which parts are not? It is a work of man, thus it is just as flawed as it's authors, MEN!

that is an extremely arrogant tone. considering that you were misinformed on several of your points, i dont think you are able to jump to that conclusion.

but you are right about something. if the bible is wrong about noah, it cant be trusted. which is eactly why the noah story is attacked so passionately.

one thing that people like you can never answer is why does a noah story exist in some form in every major civilization on earth? if it didnt happen then how can eveyone have a version of it?

the answer is simple. because it did happen.

www.talkorigins.org...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

4. The diversity of ecosystems around the Earth: Marsupials are only found on Australia, Penguins are only found in Antartica, Polar bears are only found in the Artic Circle, all places that Noah never even heard of, so how did he collect these species and then put them back in their respective environments?

The expanding earth theory answers that question.

The waters covered the entire surface of the earth after the rains stopped. The earth gradually expanded making dry land available. When the first land appeared Noah and his passengers exited the vessel and swarmed out. The expansion would have taken a long time but I doubt it would have taken millions of years.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Lovely, even more lunacy, but what the Hell, New Year, New Lunacy...

Originally posted by miriam0566
although macroevolution (the belief that certain species evolved from other species) is hotly debated, microevolution is proven. any given species on earth has the genetic material nessesary to generate variety within its own "kind". those genetic varieties also have limits (see x-ray fruit fly experiments)

dogs for example have a wide variety of breeds. but they are still dogs, and they can still breed with other "breeds". but even with breeds changing to dramatic differences, they are still dogs.

take some dogs, place it somewhere where there are no dogs and you will see over hundreds of years a new spectrum of breeds.

genesis 7:14 They had with them every wild animal according to its kind, all livestock according to their kinds, every creature that moves along the ground according to its kind and every bird according to its kind, everything with wings.

Since you probably didn't even bother to check the source material, it is no wonder that you just blindly disputed the numbers. The numbers are of SPECIES not breeds. Species as in completely different animals incapable of interbreeding (without sterile offspring in some cases). In your example of dogs, while there are hundreds of breeds, they are all Canis Familiaris (Species), thus they are all only represented once on my list. So the numbers I presented are fairly accurate (considering that new species are discovered fairly regularly). Also, my list does not reflect species known to now be extinct, such as the Dodo. Nice try, but FAIL...

fact - the entire earth (every square inch) is covered in a layer of chalk. this chalk is made from a tiny shelled creature that lives in water. if the water is too deep when the creature dies, then this shell disolves before hitting the sea floor. it only turns to chalk when the water is shallow. this means that it is a fact that the entire earth was covered in water, and that that water resceaded.

fact - catastrophic flooding can dramatically change landscapes. water has tremendous force. so if the noah story is true, then the topagraphical data would not have been the same today as it was then. so its possible your hieght figures are in accurate.

fact - earth can be covered in water. the water is there just in different forms. genesis refers to a canopy and wells.

Fact - Plate tetonics explains this fairly easily. The Earth recylces itself on a regular basis, with all of it starting in the Oceans. Again, nice try, but FAIL...

actually you are mistaken. animals can inbreed. in fact many dog owners inbreed their dogs when they want to "fix" a trait. this allows preservation of pedigrees. the problem is when they continue to inbreed. but that is solved after 1 or 2 generations.

It is solved by outside DNA from a non-related animal. Since there were only 2 to begin with, there would be no non-related animals to mate with, thus that problem you eluded to with continued inbreeding (a problem that also exists with the Adam and Eve Myth). Again, nice try, but FAIL...

its called migration. they are capable of moving to a place that is more suited to them.

OK then, please explain how the Koala migrated from the Middle East to Australia. I could keep going with that, but you get the point. This one doesn't even pass the logic test, so not even a nice try, and definitely FAIL...

that is an extremely arrogant tone. considering that you were misinformed on several of your points, i dont think you are able to jump to that conclusion.

I'm going to leave the arrogant comment alone... this time. And you FAILed to show that I was misinformed (actually it was you who was doing the 'misinformation'), so the conclusion still stands.

but you are right about something. if the bible is wrong about noah, it cant be trusted. which is eactly why the noah story is attacked so passionately.

one thing that people like you can never answer is why does a noah story exist in some form in every major civilization on earth? if it didnt happen then how can eveyone have a version of it?

the answer is simple. because it did happen.

www.talkorigins.org...

A flood story exists in most ancient civilizations, not a "God was mad and he destroyed the Earth and had some dude build an Ark" story. These myths are most likely based on the effects of the sudden breakdown of the Laurentide Ice Sheet of North America at the end of the last Ice Age a little over 8,000 years ago.

The answer IS simple, because it DIDN'T happen.

It still simple amazes me that so many here suffer from Fragile Faith Syndrome! Most of Christianity recognizes that this is just an ancient Jewish Myth and their faith remains intact, but then there's all of you Fundamentalists....

[edit on 2-1-2010 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Not quite proof positive. you might call back a few researchers of Biblical archeology and tell them to bury everything they have found based on Biblical descriptions and locations. Tell them it is all a waste of time.

You can't discount the Bible or any of the ancient writings or religions tomes. They are all clues to our past. We just haven't deciphered them yet. Granted some are resting on laurels assuming they already know it all...this is wrong too.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I'm going to leave the arrogant comment alone... this time. And you FAILed to show that I was misinformed (actually it was you who was doing the 'misinformation'), so the conclusion still stands.

im not even going to reply to your post. your a know-it-all and as such nothing i say is going to add anything to this discussion

A flood story exists in most ancient civilizations, not a "God was mad and he destroyed the Earth and had some dude build an Ark" story. These myths are most likely based on the effects of the sudden breakdown of the Laurentide Ice Sheet of North America at the end of the last Ice Age a little over 8,000 years ago.

The answer IS simple, because it DIDN'T happen.

It still simple amazes me that so many here suffer from Fragile Faith Syndrome! Most of Christianity recognizes that this is just an ancient Jewish Myth and their faith remains intact, but then there's all of you Fundamentalists....

so one ice sheet melts and everyone talks about a flood? oh and btw ALOT of the flood stories do have angry gods in them.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Gday,

although macroevolution (the belief that certain species evolved from other species) is hotly debated,

Wrong.

Macro-evolution has been DIRECTLY OBSERVED :
www.talkorigins.org...

Rubbish.
Dogs evolved from wolves.

Many examples of new species have been DIRECTLY OBSERVED.

Depends which version of the story you read.
The OTHER version has 7 pairs (clean) and 2 pairs (unclean.)

Did you know the bible has TWO version of many stories, including that one?

So,
YOU are claiming that a SMALL number of 'kinds' macro-evolved into BILLIONS of species in only a few 1000 years?

So you DO accept macro-evolution?

fact - the entire earth (every square inch) is covered in a layer of chalk.

Wrong.
Which is why you FAILED to cite any evidence.

Wrong.
Floods do NOT create mountains.

fact - earth can be covered in water. the water is there just in different
forms. genesis refers to a canopy and wells.

WTF?
It's a 'fact' that something CAN happen?

K.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yes, the bible has been used by Archeologists attempting to verify that written word.
They were totally unable to find any artifacts to back up the book’s claims.
Nothing of Jewish slavery in Egypt, no artifacts due to the wandering in the dessert for 40 years can be found; Nothing for Jericho, or the city of Ai nor Gibea; nor even Jerusalem. Could it be that they were looking in the wrong place?
From the Book “Excavations in The Biblical Countries” by I.A.Kryvelov

As to the Noah story, you didn’t finish reading it. There is a second version following the first, where Noah takes more than one of each kind.

As to dating….there was no Universal Calendar prior to the 1600’s. Almost NONE of the historical dates prior to the 1600’s that you take for granted are true.

World wide flood, you bet: Not as described in the bible, but yes every Culture the world over experienced not only rising water, & great tsunamis, but falling water, falling mud, falling rocks and great conflagrations.

www.knowledge.co.uk...
“Among the fundamental geophysical effects experienced by Earth were a massive fracturing of the crust, a realignment of Earth's axis, elevation of new mountains, and widespread rearrangement of land and sea. These changes were accompanied by an appalling global conflagration, a gigantic flood, and what has been described as 'collapsed sky' conditions. A bombardment by debris from the disintegrated satellite of the destroyed planet added to the worldwide chaos.

Much of Earth's animal and plant life was annihilated by these frightful events. Remains were often buried hundreds of feet below and within vast new deposits which smothered huge areas, both on land and under the sea. Elsewhere they lay piled in caves, choked rock fissures, or were massed into veritable hills. Some havens and refuges did exist, offering shelter to various faunal and floral species from flood or fire - then to have to endure the appalling conditions which followed. These included intense cold, occasioned by chronic atmospheric pollution which severely restricted the solar radiation reaching the Earth, loss of vital resources such as shelter, tools and sources of warmth and nourishment. The extent of the damage was so great that the immediate survivors found themselves literally catapulted into what was, in effect, a new world.

The possible origins of this terrible calamity are considered in some detail, the authors concluding that, after dismissing comets, asteroids and giant meteors, the most likely candidate is a supernova explosion which, on the astronomical scale of things, occurred uncomfortably close to our solar system relatively recently. This story is told from different perspectives: from the study of terrestrial organic remains; evidence from present land-forms; the testimony of geophysics and astronomy; and the traditional accounts and memories of numerous peoples round the world. It becomes clear, in the process, that modern science's invention - 'the Ice Age' - evades abundant important evidence which points coherently to a rather different interpretation of events“

Does anyone Really think that a wooden ship could last 12,000 years or even 5000?
Wood just isn’t that stable.

Agree2Disagree says: “Here are some things that can be said to be consequences of a global flood...of course science will explain each of them individually but, nonetheless. Using scientific simulations, they could ALSO be the effects of a tremendous deluge.”

And he makes a long list. No A2D a mere flood would not do those things. This cataclysm changed the whole face of the Earth in a very short time, as the above referenced book relates.

The grand canyon was NOT “carved”; it is the result of splitting of the Earth’s crust, the same as were the Fjords of Norway.
Nor would a flood cause the Earth to tilt….only the gravitational effect of another cosmic body would do this.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

so one ice sheet melts and everyone talks about a flood? oh and btw ALOT of the flood stories do have angry gods in them.

Yes--it can have global effects.
www.sciencedaily.com...
Noah's Flood' Kick-Started European Farming?
www.mek.iif.hu...
A possible origin of myths of Floods

Angry gods? Of course. To the people at that time, who else could be responsible for such destruction?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

You mean they didn't find The Rosetta Stone in 1798?
Or the Mesha Stone a few years earlier dating from 850BC, erected by Mesha, King of Moab?
What about the large bodies of substantiating cuneiform literature such as the Amarna Letters?
The Law Code of the Babylonian King Hammurabi wasn't discovered in 1901?
The Gezer Calendar?
The Elephantine Papyri?
The Hittite Monuments?
The City of Ur?
The Religious Texts from Ras Shamra were one of the most important discoveries of the 20th century, hundreds of clay tablets found in a library between two great temples, one dedicated to Baal and another dedicated to Dagon found in the city of Ugarit. The epic set forth very clearly the Canaanite pantheon, headed up by the God El, the name by which God is known in the Old Testament prose and poetry.
We have found the Nuzi Tablets and the biblical Horites, several thousand cuneiform texts, near Khurdistan in 1925.
The Mari Letters?
The Lachish Ostraca?
The Dead Sea Scrolls?
And 13 Coptic codices from Nag Hammadi in upper Egypt in 1945 which rival the dead sea scrolls in Biblical importance.
The Gospel of Thomas
Thousand tablets of Elba which will take another generation to interpret and translate.

They have actually found a great many things to verify and substantiate many of the Biblical accounts and writings. All the above is actual proof. You can look it up yourself.
The Bible is a book of history my friend. Like it or not.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

im not even going to reply to your post. your a know-it-all and as such nothing i say is going to add anything to this discussion

If you had any real evidence to put forth (which I have yet to see any), then perhaps you would have something to add to this discussion. Instead you put forth strawman after strawman, and call me arrogant (ad hominem).

Since the breaching of this ice sheet set loose a glacial lake that covered almost half of Canada, yeah it's effects were global... And most ancient civilizations had angry Gods for the people to blame for the violence of nature. The Jews just had one to blame. Not a very divinelike quality, if you ask me, and certainly not a God worthy of my praise and admiration!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
If you had any real evidence to put forth (which I have yet to see any), then perhaps you would have something to add to this discussion. Instead you put forth strawman after strawman, and call me arrogant (ad hominem).

because you are arrogant.

you settle on a conclusion and then look for evidence to support it and then call it reason. then you insult those who feel different than you by invalidating what they say with "fail"

there is a difference between debating and arguing and frankly im not in the mood to argue.

if you feel that you are right, and that your logic is sound then i would assume you are trying to help other people see that logic correct? belittling people who feel different is the worst way to go about it.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kapyong

fact - the entire earth (every square inch) is covered in a layer of chalk.

Wrong.
Which is why you FAILED to cite any evidence.

im only citing this link in particular because it states both sides of the argument

www.answersingenesis.org...

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

Originally posted by randyvs

Evidence of a flood, yes... Evidence of an Ark, NO...

I think plenty of evidence has been shown that hasn't been debunked.
Graduated the 10th? Ya made that one. IT wasn't until the third grade I had the sense to know that
with a supreme being you would have some sort of communicado.
I mean by the looks of the universe I'm pretty sure he could send us
his word through what ever means and have it reach us intact.
Only needed third grade for that.
I think the Bible is the living word. Sorry if you don't. I think it lives because it is the truth.
The truth lives forever, but lies die with those who tell them.

angus123

If every culture around the globe tells a similar story, where did said story come from?

I await your gravity defying gymnastics explaining that one, lol

Well I just don't have one because that isn't what I said Einstien.

That's a pretty intelligent way of thinking you have going on there.
I don't think the way of convenience for you about my beliefs so I
probably didn't graduate high school.

pompeous azz you almost hurt my feeling.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by randyvs]

That's exactly what you said. You got caught up in a logical spiderweb of your own making and youre mad because it's so obvious.
Sorry I almost hurt your feelings. I guess I wasn't trying hard enough

BTW... you cited the wrong post in your reply. Probably because the real one proves you to be a fool. Or you're just trying fix your obvious screw up.

I think there is a combination of screw ups going on here naturally none of them are mine.
Kidding but this is a mess so bare with a minute.
Einstien is where my reply to your post ends ok. lol
So I wasn't even calling you a pompous azz (op)lol or saying how you almost hurt my feeling(I only have one left).

Also I never said every civilization. Check it pal. Then eat crow.
Not trying to get out of anything.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

Your universal genetic code posesses a language, an exquisite language composed of about three billion genetic letters.

Recent studies in information theory have come up with some astounding conclusions—namely, that information cannot be considered in the same category as matter and energy. It's true that matter or energy can carry information, but they are not the same as information itself.

For instance, a book such as Homer's Iliad contains information, but is the physical book itself information? No, the materials of the book—the paper, ink and glue contain the contents, but they are only a means of transporting it.

If the information in the book was spoken aloud, written in chalk or electronically reproduced in a computer, the information does not suffer qualitatively from the means of transporting it.In fact the content of the message is independent of the physical makeup of the medium.

This type of high level information has been found to originate only from an intelligent source.

Namely God.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by randyvs]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join