It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof Positive that the Bible isn't a History Book: The Myth of Noah's Ark

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane

Hateful resides in your mirror and in YOUR posts...

And just because YOU believe it's a historical record don't make it so... You are in the minority there, bub...

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Well, I have read every post and followed from the very first reply. Proof positive it is not. The NT and the OT were written by men for man. Whether you choose to believe or understand is up to the individual. Your title should have read "My interpretation....Noah's Ark." That is really all you have presented is your interpretation of the Bible story, and how it would seem impossible, and from the responses you have gotten I would surmise the interpretations others have are equally or more validated than yours.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by Shane

Hateful resides in your mirror and in YOUR posts...

Sorry pal. I hate no one. I just will not lie down and not defend my GOD and His WORD when attacked by some nutbar.

And just because YOU believe it's a historical record don't make it so... You are in the minority there, bub...

And finally, something we both agree on. You see, you can partake without insulting others Pal.

If I was to oneday ever see a notation somewhere that indicated more than 2% of the active participants in this ATS Forum believed as I do about the Bible, I'd be worried.

Adieu

Shane

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Did anyone see that oversize wooden ship on mt ararat that I posted. This doesn't explain a thing to anyone?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Did anyone see that oversize wooden ship on mt ararat that I posted. This doesn't explain a thing to anyone?

some of us do not need to see or hear evidence of Noah's ark to believe and /or understand it's true meaning. I did see it though, good job.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

I'm so so sorry but when it comes down to godly stuff on earth that is and possibly is attainable to mankind such as the ark, the arc of the covenant in Ethiopia it's always just on the tip of mans nose to attain it. But just too far to reach. This ship at a near plummet. and the Ethiopians doesn't let anyone take a look at the arc.

It's just like believing Tinkerbell is the savior of us all. It is right on the tip of your nose. Just a little faith the size of pixie dust and she can save you too.

The mountains around Ararat have been a religious tourist attraction for centuries. In all that time there's probably been enough lumber hauled up there to build five or six arks. Your video proves nothing more than the extent to which fundies will go to justify having an imaginary friend.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by Lilitu]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Funny. The proof for the Arc seems to far out wiegh the proof against.
If I were to wonder why that is, I would have to say the reason there is
a simalar story in so many different cultures from all over the Globe.
Not to mention the fact there are so many civilizations the ignorant
archeologists admit" then one day they all just disappeared" how lame and stupid are these people with educations.
There is a story handed down for ages that tells what happened to them,
but "oh that's just a fairytale". My white rosy azz. I don't remember ever seeing it in any book of fairytales. So it isn't. It is our history. Don't
believe it? Then you are a fool.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Not to mention the fact there are so many civilizations the ignorant archeologists admit" then one day they all just disappeared" how lame and stupid are these people with educations.

Could you list these please? And their dates. And the historical record for it.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Evidence of a flood, yes... Evidence of an Ark, NO...

Lemme guess, you graduated the 10th grade...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Thank you for posting this. I too have become frightened by the amount of people taking the Bible as absolute truth. Such ignorance is dangerous in the extreme.

I like to think of Noah's story as an action pack blockbuster based loosely on a very old true story. The basic story - a disastrously large flood is coming - is probably true, since we do see flood myths in that area of the world (Gilgamesh) from similar time periods. So there probably was a flood that seemed pretty great at the time, so great it became part of the oral tradition. Eventually, hundreds or perhaps thousands of years later, the story has evolved and grown into this grandiose epic story of a worldwide flood and a vengeful God damning a sinful world but saving a righteous family. Vengeful gods was how they explained natural disasters like floods anyway. Makes a whole lot more sense than taking it as literal truth.

The Bible is NOT a history book

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Shane

And I do not think anyone other than the OP has even suggested a WorldWide, Entire Globe, Everything but Noah, swept away in the Flood, occured. It is even questionable if this is what is expressed Biblically, but there is and has been resounding evidence of an event occuring, that has the same sort of Script.

from what I have seen on ATS I would say yes they do believe it. They take a clans foklore as spiritual lore and historical lore.

but do not leave on earth a single unbeliever. For if You spare any one of them, He will lead Your servants astray and also their offspring and make them faithless wrongdoers.

And so it happened; under a decree from the Lord, the waters gushed forth and flooded the earth. Noah was commanded by the Lord to take into the ark two creatures of each species, a male and a female, members of his family, except the wrongdoers among them, and all the believers who numbered just a handful. Noah's son refused to board. The father pleaded with him, but he said, 'No, I will climb the mountain and take shelter there and protect myself.'

rainfall measurement, I can provide many many more
news.bio-medicine.org...

Now this is the last time I'll bother with the fairy tale of no rain before Noah...There is no science to this riduclous Noahphiles premise and just a made up arguement to back a story, the link I provided previously clearly shows raindrops, not mist or dew but rain drops can be measured up to 60 million years ago...the same reading would not come from mist. Do you think the world was covered in a pea soup fog that you couldn't move in but was big enough to make the oceans? You dont think that we would have some geological record of that? LOL really SIGH~ Read the article its facinating. I do have to warn you all its scientfic truth so so you may not like it
I mean really do you need to believe such fancy to wake up in the morning feeling like you can take this as fact....lies are made up to perpetuate a story. Sigh~ I m not getting into the pre noah rainful debate as its not worth my mind, I may aswell argue that Luke skywalker wasnt real at a star wars convention, mind you , at least most see the truth there....

Rain is not an item that is a requirement in the day to day life of the Living Creatures and Plants on Earth my friend. Water of course is, but there seems to be other manners inwhich water can be deposited upon the Earth to nurture growth. If every morning, there was a heavy layer of Dew, you would never need to water anything. And to ensure you understand what I mean, I MEAN EVERY MORNING.

I understand the information that followed your above quote, and have no difficulty with the science behind it, but I ask 1 question. Would the resulting details and information provided to "Suggest" it rained prior to the Flood, be the same or different, it those moisture readings originated from the Morning Dew? It's the same water afterall, but just and alternative means of getting it around the planet.

Also as Indigenous Australians were in cultural civilsation up to 90 ooo years ago with no mass wipe up, but ongoing dream time, yep, not every non believer was killed from the earth.

See this for what it is:
A clan tradition to promote a self righteous clan leader....

[edit on 30-12-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaskade
What is your point above?? perhaps you could just be quite...keep your limited comment to yourself...and actually READ and comprehend what the OP IS STATING. DID THE OP STATE THAT HE BELIEVES THIS AS A HISTORY BOOK???
no he is implying saying that THOSE WHO DO take it literal, that here is proof that it is NOT LITERAL. NO where did he say he took it literal, and that this is the truth. You telling him and bashing him that HES TAKING IT LITERAL is rather stupid and redundant. Please in the future people, if your going to be on the internet, please take the time to use some of your intelligence to understand what your reading, and the points of which.

Before you go ripping me, you should have probably looked at who I was actually replying to, because it wasn't a reply to the OP. See the part in my post where I quoted what I was replying too and who?

That is how the internet forums here work. Not every reply in a thread is in reply the OP. For example this post. See how I quoted what you said and then typed? That means I am replying to you, not the OP.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
and as an aside, arguing the paul non/paul NT issue seems strange, especially using NT quotes most likely written by paul, plus omitting all of the other written sources from that time that the romans left out of the censored bible. Its a pretty vicious circle of lies theyve built for themselves.

Ummm, I never quoted Paul and Paul didn't write the Gospels. Furthermore, the person I was talking with believes that those books choosen by the Romans must all be accepted or non can be accepted etc.

And funny enough, speaking of the "Romans", Paul wrote a book dedicated to their authority and power. It's part of his appeal to the authorities of this world, and is why the Romans choose him.

[edit on 12/30/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Okay, just one more time....

Here are some things that can be said to be consequences of a global flood...of course science will explain each of them individually but, nonetheless. Using scientific simulations, they could ALSO be the effects of a tremendous deluge.

The Grand Canyon
Earth's Major Components
Ocean Trenches and "Ring of Fire"
Earthquakes
Mid-Oceanic Ridge
Magnetic Variations on the Ocean Floor
Submarine Canyons
Coal and Oil
Methane Hydrates
The Ice Age
Frozen Mammoths
Major Mountain Ranges
Overthrusts
Volcanoes and Lava
Geothermal Heat
Strata and Layered Fossils
Limestone
Metamorphic Rock
Plateaus
The Moho and Black Smokers
Salt Domes
Jigsaw fit of the continents
Changing axis tilt

If you'd like a further explanation, all you have to do is ask politely.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
This thread is over. The poster has an ax to grind with Christianity, he could care less about any explanation (even non supernatural) because his issue is with God. He also seems to think that ad hominem attacks are a proper rebutal, along with fabricating "proof" assuming that most are as ignorant as he is.

Example, when asked to provide proof of Christian led torture/evil in the last hundred years w/o refrence to anything roman catholic, he posts the following:

The holocaust - The very 1st thing Hitler did when he took over was remove all Bibles from school, and replace it with Mein Kampf. W/o question the holocaust was the fruit Darwinian evolution. Unlike Christians that follow the Bible, the nazis believed there are different levels of humans as opposed to us all being related through NOAH's sons...

KKK - again, another wonderful fruit of a belief system that man descended from an ape like creature, so there must be superior races that have evolved further than others

As for Kosovo, a low level civil war and ongoing border dispute was not genocide, the media greatly distorted the entire event. Also how was this Christian? Are the wars we are fighting in the middle east now Christian, because it just so happens the enemy in muslim?

Anyways Mr Jaxon, keep up with the mantras. Who knows, maybe if you scream them long enough, loud enough, packed full of insults toward the opposition, they might come true....?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

i remember a certain president saying that god told him to invade iraq,

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

David Berkowitz's dog told him to kill people....

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

I remember a certain book that says that many will give God lip-service but no faith-service. I remember that same book saying you will know a tree by its fruit...

Do you really honestly think George Bush is a man after Jesus' own heart and words? Or, do you think simple politics had a hand in that statement. We're lied to on a consistent basis from politicians...it just so happens that Christians stick together and when a politician wants support from them....he claims to be one. "If you can't beat them, join them...."

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Re-think the tower of babel.

After the flood, the bible describes people going their ways according to their language and customs, so language was already different.

The language God confused was not a spoken tongue. I see it as something else. Jesus said, with the proper (vibration) man can move mountains. Language is just tonal vibrations.

Why would the true God want to confound people from finding the path to himself? Where is the logic in that?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Big question to those commited to a general assault on other's spiritual beliefs. Feel free to ignore it, not that you need my permission. Why? How exactly does them believing something harming you? Because there has been bloodshed in the past IN IT'S NAME? So your view it as dangerous and that it some how instills the negative traits of mankind's nature? How is this not magical thinking? Because justificational rhetoric dictates it's so? Or are you attempting to create conflict so that when they finally get pushed too far and respond in kind you can feign innocence and launch deeper into the magical thinking laced rhetoric as if you did not incite the conflict? And Christians, remember the words of your central figure said, "Blessed are the peacemakers." and you ARE NOT being peacemakers.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join