It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Year's 2010 oaths..... not resolutions... OATHS!!!...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Don't make a resolution and not stick to your guns... Make an Oath.

Give me your word that what you set out to do in 2010... You are gonna do it.

Do something!

Here is mine: I will not have one drop of alcohol in the year 2010, I've had a problem with it in the past, and now is the time to stop.

I had some practise in 2009... went two months without a drink... in 2010... it will be 12 months.

It's time we start makeing some changes... and the best place to start is with yourself.

I give you my oath / my word that I will not drink in 2010... not even one.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Well as a AA member, former I admit. Why not pledge to never drink.. not just for 2010?

Anyways, I'm proud of you

I guess My Oath would be to Initiate my goals. To finally take hold of them.

This would be the year to do it!

Hopefully we're both succesfully the only things in our way.... is ourselves.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Been to AA several times ,... I don't agree with their program (personally)

But I think I'll be going back in 2010.

It's probably the best place I can go to in order to make new friends.

And I need some new friends... friends that understand my problem.

Basically you can take the 12 steps and reduce them to the first three.

All you need is the first three steps... you don't need the 4th.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
i'll drink to that!!

KamPai!!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

S & F to you. Congratulations and I hope you can stick to it.

My nyr is to love people more, and to cure some of my bad habits.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Lol, I completely agree, I never used AA for the steps inparticular, just the community... it was bizarre the way the thought processes are so alike.

Then again, you could also just join a bowling league!!!! If you like bowling!

I would.. but the bowling leagues here, are well, too good, I would never make it.

Just a good hobby.

When I got hooked on coke, I moved to another country, then a nearby city, made new friends, and been good so far

AA helped, but almost three years sober, I don't really need them anymore.. I guess, I still have all there phone numbers though.

One guy told the group that if they ever needed a beer, really needed it. To call him, and he'd drive them to the store, a man without a car took up that offer, and he picked him up... and drove him miles away from any beer store, and kicked him out of the car... he's five years sober now. he was one year sober at that point

I start my first year in 2010 at becoming a Speech Pathologist, and finishing my probation which will clear me of my Felony
Then I can really start making something of my life

Good thread again DD2029!

I wasn't gonna make an oath... but i've got this one oppurtunity, and well I just gotta push it and myself. Hope you do the same... and I hope I can live up to my ideals.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

AA seems like a religion to certian folks that go to the meetings... But it's not mine.

When I get to Step 3.... I'll never go back.

Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

I alway bring up the fact that "HIM" is used in this step.... which means it's a religion.

When I get to this step... When i have a true Understanding of God.... and When my Will is turned over to this "HIGHER POWER".... I won't need AA or it's 4th step.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the motivation I need^

when I made this thread... I failed moments later.

I will not fail this time.... This Time... I do things the right way.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

You didn't fail mate, not at all, you've made a promise, you haven't and right now, are unable to 'break' the promise.

As much as i'll get flamed for saying this, i'm atheist but instead of using a 'God' I just used myself, that I wouldn't allow myself to keep using coc aine, because well.... it'll screw up your life! And that I should be responsible to myself... kind of a cop off of My Anti Drug, well mine is the future of myself... and ultimately the future of mankind, in hopes I can do something good, big dreams, can't hold small addictions.

And for you DD2029, you're a brilliant guy, and I read.... almost all of your threads, I don't know if anything will change when you quit, but I think you got a good head on your shoulders.... and will do pretty damn ****in good in life, if you haven't already, then I'd assume, you could reach a much higher peak then you ever have!

You have too much to offer! To let anything stop ya.

By the way... is that your only resolution, some people have up to ten!

You gotta have more then one.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Doom, you are taking the right step - to God and Jesus.

I am thrilled for you - not corrupt religion, but God and Jesus.

Please hang in there.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Three oaths

1. This will be my healthiest year ever. I will be done with eating McD's all the time and will continue to exercise. I will lose 30 pounds (in a healthy manner over the whole year)

2. I will take school more seriously this year. I was accepted into graduate school and need to buckle down

3. I will stop paying lip service to my goddess, get off my duff and actually praise her properly...I've been a bad boy in 2009 and I think karma smack the crap out of me this year

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'm still working on my oath but here is what I have so far.

I solemnly swear to perform these duties to the best of my ability throughout 2010 and into the future for an undetermined period of time.

1. Weightlifting/Running 3timesweek/everyotherday
2. Meditation Schedule starting 1 time daily same time in the evening hours. (making sure to take a nap to so I don't get tired while meditating)
3. Complete Meme overhaul (The way I think) Moving to the positive (New new age hippie?)
I'm going to consciously work on my thoughts and try not to get lazy about it. This includes being judgmental, or overtly rude, AKA BAD
It also includes removing all corporate memes (which was fun)
For those of you who don't know what memes are -- Its something really interesting to learn about! (Read virus of the mind by richard brodie, or poker without cards if your up to the challenge, or google it!)
4. Diet -sigh- this one is a toughy, NO FAST FOOD 2010!
going to start buying food weekly and eating healthy . . . meh
5. Read at least one hour a day. (Once I start reading I usually go for alot longer then an hour -- its the starting thats tough sometimes, (I see a stack of 8 books by my desk to read)
6. Religion-- See meditation (Western religions don't do it for me)
going to work on finding those inside answers whatever they may be

*BONUS* (still debating) -- No drinking until my birthday (jan-jun)
*BONUS 2* (HELL YEA!) -- Exploring the incredible edible world of indoor hyrdoponics -- Fresh food/herbs here I come!

I'm going to keep these rules in my face alot so I notice them.
(one on my monitor, one by my bed, one big sign by my books etc.)
If I do make a mistake I'm going to pick it back up.
I'm getting silly with it so I have a better chance of keeping at it.
I'm even going to track my progress in a log of some sort.

For some weird reason I'm looking forward to this! All this talk of people 'waking up' sort of woke me up and I have this fiery new motivation within me. I hope it lasts throughout the 3 mile runs . . . =)

I appreciate Input/Ideas to add to my oath.
Pardon the choppy writing and nonsensical statements, my thoughts

[edit on 28-12-2009 by '___'omino]

top topics

join