It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we listen to the hype?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Swine flu has fizzled out, I don't hear much about it on the news anymore. I never got the shot or heard about anybody getting sick from it. The doomsday asteroid and the hole in the ozone are on the shelf, Kudos to the cold war, Nice one, You scare my population and I'll scare yours. Good way for TPTB to stay in control. What's the next big thing? The terrorists going to get us or global warming?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Because it's on MSM?

Lately, the Internet's most reliable source are the MSM websites of CNN, BBC, et. al. And yes. Credible accounts in ATS should be attributed to those "credible" news agencies as well. The only difference of forums such as this is the discussion that stems from the said news. However, the point is that it's unreliable unless it's reported by those MSM people.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
because you don't have to think about it.

all the info is presented in consumeable pieces, with several opinions included, the pro's and con's are in one package and all we need to do is repeat a little of it to have a "conversation" with another "hyper"

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by korath

Why do you want to be scared at the flicks, or rollercoster. Same thing.

People want this rubbish and they help feed the msm, when all these things happen.

Like swine flu, the fact that we are here for thousands of years, without modern medicine, meant nothing to people as they do not think and ponder what these things really mean.

Look at how people gossip, and they believe anything said about people, just make it up. You find most stuff talked about by people is bull, and thats the way most of you are.

top topics

join