It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Obama quote -

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
My wonderful gal got me a book for xmas

Cults, Conspiracies & secret societies

by Arthur Goldwag

In the book I came across an Obama quote that reminds me of this community

pg. xxxviii

"In distilled form"..."the explanation of both the right and left have become mirror images of each other. They are stories of conspiracy, of America being hijacked by an evil cabal. Like all good conspiracy theories, both tales contain just enough truth to satisfy those predisposed to believe in them, without admitting any contradictions that might shake up those assumptions."

Is this an admission or just insight, simple observation

Many would say he has confirmed this passage with deed, what say you?

you be the judge...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

I wish I knew where this quote originated, whether in interview or speech...here's the first part of it:

Depending on your tastes, our condition is the natural result of radical conservatism or perverse liberalism, Tom DeLay or Nancy Pelosi, big oil or greedy trial lawyers, religious zealots or gay activists, Fox News or the New York Times. How well these stories are told ,the subtlety of the arguments and the quality of the evidence , will vary by author, and I won't deny my preference for the story the Democrats tell, nor my belief that the arguments of liberals are more often grounded in reason and fact. In distilled form...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234

I wish I knew where this quote originated, whether in interview or speech...here's the first part of it:

Depending on your tastes, our condition is the natural result of radical conservatism or perverse liberalism, Tom DeLay or Nancy Pelosi, big oil or greedy trial lawyers, religious zealots or gay activists, Fox News or the New York Times. How well these stories are told ,the subtlety of the arguments and the quality of the evidence , will vary by author, and I won't deny my preference for the story the Democrats tell, nor my belief that the arguments of liberals are more often grounded in reason and fact. In distilled form...

Found it...

Audacity of Hope - 2006

Thanks for that, where did you find that?

It sounds a LOT like many of the members here - there is also almost a double meaning to the first quote, a complete contradiction

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
President Obama has contradicted himself numerous times and explains them
in a way that ignores previous statements/promises he's made. One example
is how he fought, as a Senator, to allow US citizens to purchase cheaper
medications from Canada. As President, he's saying that importation from
Canada is "too dangerous", but he fails to acknowledge that he was for
importation his entire adult life.

Sounds like Obama has become the slick and manipulative political animal that
he was speaking negatively of doesn't it?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234

you got three stars for that

I am NOT a popular fellow, I'm crying and will polish off a two gallon tub of rocky road

People my point is the guy is stating his love of liberalism, but at the same time he is covertly saying the right and left are one in the same.

Thanks links star for you!

[edit on 27-12-2009 by Janky Red]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
President Obama has contradicted himself numerous times and explains them
in a way that ignores previous statements/promises he's made. One example
is how he fought, as a Senator, to allow US citizens to purchase cheaper
medications from Canada. As President, he's saying that importation from
Canada is "too dangerous", but he fails to acknowledge that he was for
importation his entire adult life.

Sounds like Obama has become the slick and manipulative political animal that
he was speaking negatively of doesn't it?

Yes, I did not post this to polish his shoe, his words and actions are contrary.
This quote is a foreshadow of sorts... I thought people would like to bash this into the dirt,

very telling words,

I like this - but this is really just a wedge - this and that are just an illusion

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Sounds like Obama has become the slick and manipulative political animal that he was speaking negatively of doesn't it?

Any politician in any country on this level is a "political animal". Survival is the prime objective hence all means to obtain it are considered by such a person.

I don't know who he meaning to deliver this message to ,but the majority crowd would not pars his words so minutely as is being done here.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by shakespear1

Sounds like Obama has become the slick and manipulative political animal that he was speaking negatively of doesn't it?

Any politician in any country on this level is a "political animal". Survival is the prime objective hence all means to obtain it are considered by such a person.

I don't know who he meaning to deliver this message to ,but the majority crowd would not pars his words so minutely as is being done here.

I just found the quote and now the subsequent quote to have a straight forward message and veiled contrary "message". Almost a self fulfilling prophecy

new topics

top topics

join