It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex,..I'll take strange lights over Norway for $1000

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Daily Double..........DING,DING,DING,DING

Which U.S. Patent number describes within it's document the exact scenario that happened over Norway in recent news?

You have 30 sec's....good luck.

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding.....times up. Let's see what your question was?

"What is U.S. Patent 4,712,155?"

In this special jeopardy round you the reader get to decide the fate of this question...

Sorry for all the links, but if you want to understand what happened it might be good to read through it....pretty neat really.

or it was a rocket....yeah red rocket....

Peace

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10
Page 11

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

I'm curious if you wouldn't mind explaining in Laymans terms for us what all this means?

Obviously you understand it to know that it disproves the rocket explanation right?

One thing I've already picked up is the fact that the spiral was at least 100km above the earths surface and this invention operates 50km and below....

[edit on 26/12/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Great find.
I obviously haven't read the the pages, but what is the main goal of this patent? Is it just the light show, or something more dangerous (as if tampering with our only atmosphere wasn't dangerous enough).

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
There hasn't been a single shred of doubt in my mind, since I saw the spiral pics/video, that it wasn't a missle.

The spirals spin much to fast, and have way to many layers to be from a missle, not to mention the difference in colors between the blue trail and the white spirals.

Also, the trail of the missle was in the sky for over 15 minutes. I don't know about anybody else, but last time I saw jet plane flying in the sky, its exausht trail stayed in the sky for maybe 5 minutes before dissapaiting.

Nice find on the patent, S+F!

I always thought that this was some kind of technological experiment, now we have an idea of what it could have been.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Are there a set of Cliff Notes for this read Alex?
Wait, this occurred exactly 22 years and 2 days from patent? Where's a numerologist when ya need one?

[edit on 27-12-2009 by TwoPhish]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Also found this:

www.google.com...,038,664

Another of his inventions (maybe a later version of the same/similar origins). List altitudes of at least 1500km above the Earth.

I can see how the links the OP provided describe what we saw, but I'm still trying to squeeze actual meaning from all the jargon in the patents. If it helps anyone here's this:

Cyclotron: A cyclotron is a type of particle accelerator. Cyclotrons accelerate charged particles using a high-frequency, alternating voltage (potential difference). A perpendicular magnetic field causes the particles to spiral almost in a circle so that they re-encounter the accelerating voltage many times.

en.wikipedia.org...

*edit to add: At the end of the paragraph above the first illustration in the first link I provided, it says something about "creating a shell of relativistic particles over a portion of the Earth"...??? Are they trying to make Norway hotter?

[edit on 27-12-2009 by ganja]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

I'd have to agree. It looks like whatever they were doing, it had to be launched from a pretty specific point in the opposite hemisphere (North/South) than the target area is located. I'm gonna go on Google Earth and see if I can figure out where it would have been launched from...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Interesting... link 10 from the OP says something in the top of the right hand column (under the big 12) about this thing being able to convert a source of fuel into electricity and then into electromagnetic radiation, creating an artificial magnetic field line. Still digging through all of it. Thanks op!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Great find OP!! Star and flag.

So....does anybody know off a 35km long superconductive cable positioned in a circular loop with a 1 meter diameter??

LHC comes to mind....

Peace

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Anybody remember the 24th of April 2009? That cool looking radar image of Switzerland. This one...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/490f0506bf1fc3a6.jpg[/atsimg]

Could that be related to electron cyclotron heating tests?

Peace

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

No

That is a weather radar. Weather radars are set up to reflect off water vapour, chiefly, rain, snow, hail, virga and low cloud.

The ring is a common anomaly that I see quite often with my organisations weather radars here in Australia.

I havent read through the patent yet, but that anomalous ring has nothing to do with the LHC

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I remember that:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Totally unrelated.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

But can you make anything of this patent? It seem to be talking about using the electro magnetic energy of the earth's magnetic field and capturing it through a 35km long superconductive cable positioned in a circular loop??

That is why i asked. What effect would a electromagnetic field have on a doppler radar? I have no idea! Oz seems pretty confident that it is non related so i am gonna go with that. He is the subject matter expert afterall.

Peace

[edit on 27/12/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Ok at the bottom of this ( www.google.com... ) patent is listed possible uses, including anti missile application. Gets weirder the more I read into it.

Edit to add: just found this, seems interesting and related (saw "shell 20" in the patent, this is what they are trying to do; towards the bottom) -

www.cyberspaceorbit.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ganja

Yeah i know. I am having a hard time figuring out what the purpose of this invention is also. At first i thought it would be for energy collection of some sort but after reading the patent it would seem energy (hugh amounts) has to be added in order to make a artificial magnetic field line.

Long distance communication and weather alteration are also mentioned but i get the impression this particular patent is refering to generating some kind of extra powerfull magnetic field line...

Force field? Shield?....Star trek comes to mind.

Interesting sunday this will be.

Peace

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ganja

Very interesting article indeed!!

´...This invention has a phenomenal variety of possible ramifications and potential future developments. As alluded to earlier, missile or aircraft destruction, deflection, or confusion could result, particularly when relativistic particles are employed. Also, large regions of the atmosphere could be lifted to an unexpectedly high altitude so that missiles encounter unexpected and unplanned drag forces with resultant destruction or deflection of same. Weather modification is possible by, for example, altering upper atmosphere wind patterns or altering solar absorption patterns by constructing one or more plumes of atmospheric particles which will act as a lens or focusing device. Also as alluded to earlier, molecular modifications of the atmosphere can take place so that positive environmental effects can be achieved. Besides actually changing the molecular composition of an atmospheric region, a particular molecule or molecules can be chosen for increased presence. For example, ozone, nitrogen, etc. concentrations in the atmosphere could be artificially increased.

Peace

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
"This invention has a phenomenal variety of possible ramifications and potential future developments. As alluded to earlier, missile or aircraft destruction, deflection, or confusion could result, particularly when relativistic particles are employed. Also, large regions of the atmosphere could be lifted to an unexpectedly high altitude so that missiles encounter unexpected and unplanned drag forces with resultant destruction or deflection of same. Weather modification is possible by, for example, altering upper atmosphere wind patterns or altering solar absorption patterns by constructing one or more plumes of atmospheric particles which will act as a lens or focusing device. Also as alluded to earlier, molecular modifications of the atmosphere can take place so that positive environmental effects can be achieved. Besides actually changing the molecular composition of an atmospheric region, a particular molecule or molecules can be chosen for increased presence. For example, ozone, nitrogen, etc. concentrations in the atmosphere could be artificially increased."

Found a few things linking this project to HAARP. This site explains more in laymans terms the applications of this invention : 74.125.93.132... /search?q=cache: c4LCHN-cQK4J: www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3a929dd51d41.htm+%22shell+20%22+missile&cd=12&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Just google "shell 20" and missile, you'll find some neat stuff

Sorry about the messed up link... copy from 74.125... through the end of the paragraph, paste and remove spaces. Just clicking on the link google gave me took me to a page that is now missing, but it is cached.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ganja

Thanks for the link.

Eastlund Scientific Enterprises Corporation seems to have a few good answers as well...

Peace

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Okay, i have done enough research now regarding artificial electron cyclotron heating to not understand what this norwegian rocket has to do with it but since you posted it.....

Please enlighten us....

Was the russian missile destroyed by artificially creating a magnetic field or did the rocket create some sort of artificial magnetic field and were did it get the energy from to do this?

Peace

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Summary of patent:

This patent allegedly details the manner by which an artificial plasma may be generated at altitudes much lower than is usually the case.

Most artificial plamas are much easier to create at very high altitudes ... usually in excess of 50 kilometres. These plasmas are normally created by "heating" a layer of ionosphere in various ways e.g. by electromagnetic radiation as happens at the HAARP and EISCAT facilities.

This patent however, is detailing a method by which a plasma could be generated at substantially lower altitudes (i.e. below 55 kms).

It relies on a property of electrons (and ions) that results in electrons spiralling around a magnetic line of force ... an example of which are the auroras, which are created by electrons (and ions) becoming confined, guided and spiralling around the naturally occuring magnetic field lines emanating from the Earth.

The frequency at which these electrons helically spiral around the magnetic field lines is called the "cyclotron frequency". the cyclotron frequency can be affected by many factors, one of which being the rate at which the electrons interact with, or collide with other particles. If many collisions occur, the cyclotron frequency can be greatly disrupted resulting in the electrons failing to follow a helical path around the magnetic field line.
At very high altitude (in excess of 50kms), the plama density is sufficiently low that particle collision is at a minimum and electron cyclotron frequency easier to establish and maintain.
At lower altitudes, it's much more difficult to establish and maintain a stable electron cyclotron frequencies around magnetic field lines due to a much greater plasma density with correspondingly higher collision rates disrupting electron movement around the magnetic field lines.

Essentially, this patent describes a method by which an artificial magnetic field line is created by a loop of electrical cable positioned on the Earths surface through which an electrical current of sufficient magnitude is passed.
This artificial magnetic field is tailored in such a manner that the field strength at the specific altitude that contains the plasma to be altered is sufficient to increase the electron cyclotron frequency so that it exceeds the "disruptive" effect of particle collision ... in effect, creating a stable electron cyclotron effect at much lower altitudes than would normally be possible.

Once a stable cyclotron effect is established, the plasma is now able to be "heated" to increase the energy of the particles. This can be established by transmitting circularly polarized electromagnetic radiation (radio waves) from the Earth's surface at, or near to, one end of the artificial magnetic field line.

This radiation is transmitted at a frequency that is based on the electrons cyclotron frequency to maximize absorption of the electromagnetic energy. Absorption of this energy excites the electrons cyclotron frequency within the plasma resulting in an increase in the plasmas overall energy and accelerating the electrons helically around the magnetic field line.
One result of this increase in electron cyclotron energy (and overall plasma energy), is to force the electrons (and plasma) upwards along the magnetic field lines to a much higher altitude. As the plasma moves upwards, additional plasma from surrounding regions in the original altitude move in to replace the "lifted" plasma ... and so the cycle continues as long as the artificial magnetic field is maintained and electromagnetic energy pumped into the plasma.

Once the plasma has been lifted to a higher altitude, a second electromagnetic field (radio wave) with a different frequency from the heating radio wave is directed at the plasma. This second wave can be amplitude modulated then creates a resonance in the plasma which in turn results in the creation of yet another plasma wave with a specific frequency directly related to the modulated radio wave.
This resultant plasma wave propagates outwards at right angles to the incoming modulated wave. This plasma wave apparently can be used to improve or disrupt communications or both depending on what is required.

The end result is essentially the creation of a propagating plasma wave with a specific and controllable wavelength (frequency) which can be used for purposes of communication between similar plasma generating facilities located along the magnetic field line path.

Having read through the entire patent, my impression are threefold:
(1) This is incredible technology
(2) This describes closely the observed visual effects due to the Norway spiral.
(3) This is yet another nail in the "failed Russian missile" scenario.

Additional:

Just more info from the patent ...

The initial low altitude plasma as it rises to a higher altitude, creates a "plume" effect which will take the form of a spiral as the electrons accelerate higher up the magnetic field line ... exactly as observed in the Norway spiral ... an initial "loose" spiral plume rising to a higher altitude ... and then the formation of the concentric modulated spiral rings radiating outwards at right angles to the ground ... exactly as observed.

[edit on 27/12/09 by tauristercus]

As for the rocket plume that was sited as clear example of a Russian Bulava missile and proof positive, well guess what ??

According to the patent:

... artificial particles can be added to the region which is excited by the electron cyclotron resonance in any manner such as from a rocket...

And so the exhaust trail has a reasonable explanation and does NOT necessarily mean it came from a Russian missile !

All the pieces are fitting snugly together ...

[edit on 27/12/09 by tauristercus]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join