It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore, Climate and Money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
www.generationim.com...

Generation Investment Management is a company set up and co-owned by Gore in 2004. Nothing spectacular you'd think...

They don't hide what it is they are out to do:

We focus on key drivers of global change, including climate change and environmental degradation; macroeconomics, poverty and development; water and natural resource scarcity; pandemics and healthcare; and demographics, migration and urbanization.

...so no conflict of interest in global warming?

These global challenges pose risks and opportunities that can materially affect a company's ability to sustain profitability and deliver returns. Our research plays an important role in forming our views on the quality of the business, the quality of management and valuation.

Just before this, they wrote:

We are closely aligned with our clients, and our performance is measured over the long term.

...clients such as the UK Government in 2007, when the UK Government were trying desperately to get a new generation of nuclear power accepted by the people of the UK, and knowing it was going to be virtually impossible without persuasion of the highest order (fear), Al Gore was hired as advisor to the UK Government on global warming and climate change.

In the months and weeks leading up to the vote in Decemenber 2007, Al Gore was on TV saying how the world was in trouble, and that global warming was a problem.

Conveniently, his film, "An Inconvenient Truth", was also about to hit the market. A perfect opportunity arose to not only push his own movie on every major news and TV station in the UK for weeks at a time, but to gently put pressure on the UK public that nuclear is the way to go to prevent death and destruction on a global scale, that would rain down in just 50 years.

It was also around this time that the whole subject of global warming/climate change really started to get somewhere.

It seems that Al Gore has finally started to put his plan into action, culminating in hysteria over global warming (since renamed climate change as it was hard to prove warming, and easier to put everything down to a changing climate).

In conclusion, not only will he try and make money for investors, but he is managing to control the very apparatus that will mean that profit is almost certain, at our expense. By persuading Governments to implemet cap and trade, and a raft of other measures ("green" power for example), no doubt he plans to either set up these companies, or otherwise invest heavily in them, in order to make money.

The UK is hell-bent on building wind farms, but since a report released a month ago stated that there is insufficient manufacturing capacity to build the 40,000 or so wind turbines required, and that by 2020 only 50% at best of the turbines required will be built, it is worth noting that wind energy has suddenly been dropped as an answer to UK energy requirements..

If that is not bad enough, the majority of off-shore wind turbines built to date around the coast of the UK are not connected to the National Grid.

Will Al Gore jump in and present a solution?

[edit on 27-12-2009 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Wow, Al Gore is the sorriest excuse for a real man I have seen in a long time. He's greedy, a liar, a coward, and above all a....Politician. But seriously it's all about the money and a one world government.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Corruption and conflict of interest are ripe in the upper echelons of the Environmental Industrial Complex. The chairman of the ipcc has just been accused of the same such things.
All these guys are involved in capntrade markets and energy companies in one way or another. To believe that they're working for the good of the planet is laughable.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Follow the money trail.

I'm what's generally referred to as a tree-hugger (with some exceptions), so I originally hopped on this bandwagon. While there's some truth to it (the climate is changing), I've since realized that it has very little to do with humanity and our way of living and everything to do with making money.

Gore has a money-making idea that is glassing the eyes of most policy-makers. They see the potential dollar signs and follow the smell.

There's no question humanity is destroying the planet in some places, but I no longer believe MMGW is a real thing. It's just another ruse to make money for the ones who already have it.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
What we need are a few prosecutors who will bring charges against Gore and the people that have tried to rob entire nations of billions of dollars with this stupid man made climate change hoax and the cap n trade carbon trading scheme.

Gore should be in prison for what he has done.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
This Guy has to be one of the biggest enterprise puppets we have seen in a long time..

Here are some of his quotes that will go down in history the best is the last one

ENJOY

"Democrats understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child." -- Vice President Al Gore

"Welcome to President Clinton, Mrs. Clinton, and my fellow astronauts." --Vice President Al Gore

"Mars is essentially in the same orbit... Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe." --Vice President Al Gore, 8/11/94

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century." -- Vice President Al Gore, 9/15/95

"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change." --Vice President Al Gore, 5/22/98

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, & that one word is 'to be prepared'." --Vice President Al Gore, 12/6/93

"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things." --Vice President Al Gore, 11/30/96

"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future." --Vice President Al Gore

"The future will be better tomorrow." --Vice President Al Gore "We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world." --Vice President Al Gore, 9/21/97

"People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history." --Vice President Al Gore

"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made." --Vice President Al Gore to Sam Donaldson, 8/17/93

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe." --Vice President Al Gore

"Public speaking is very easy." --Vice President Al Gore to reporters, 10/95

"I am not part of the problem. I am a Democrat." --Vice President Al Gore

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls." --Vice President Al Gore

"When I have been asked who caused the riots and the killing in L.A., my answer has been direct & simple: Who is to blame for the riots? The rioters are to blame. Who is to blame for the killings? The killers are to blame. --Al Gore

"Illegitimacy is something we should talk about in terms of not having it." --Vice President Al Gore, 5/20/96

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur." --Vice President Al Gore, 9/22/97

"For NASA, space is still a high priority." --Vice President Al Gore, 9/5/93

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children." --Vice President Al Gore, 9/18/95

"The American people would not want to know of any misquotes that Al Gore may or may not make." --Vice President Al Gore

"We're all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may not have made." --Vice President Al Gore

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it." --Vice President Al Gore

"[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system." --Vice President Al Gore

AND, OF COURSE, (TO ALL USERS OF THE INTERNET), THE ALL TIME FAVORITE
QUOTATION OF MR. AL GORE:

"As many of you know, I was very instrumental in the founding of the Internet "Al Gore to Katie Couric 3/99

Can we really take this guy serious even when he is not reading off a script

Happy Easter

Ocker

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'd laugh at your post if it wasn't so serious.

A guy was talking on the radio the other day about climate change and how it will be great to kick-start global co-operation on all manner of issues, and be able to work as one (read: one-world government being the end goal).

Interestingly, climate change was not the subject of the discussion - the role of government was.

I'm not sure which program it was otherwise I'd find and quote/link it.
I thought it was a rather illuminating comment.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
In conclusion, not only will he try and make money for investors, but he is managing to control the very apparatus that will mean that profit is almost certain, at our expense. By persuading Governments to implemet cap and trade, and a raft of other measures ("green" power for example), no doubt he plans to either set up these companies, or otherwise invest heavily in them, in order to make money.

This was pointed out a while ago, back when it still was considered, "Global Warming". Algore is going to rake in BILLIONS of phat cash if/when "cap and tax" comes into being.

He "created" the problem (sorta like him inventing the internet), and he also "created" the solution.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
the reality is that we could use some new tech to take CO2 out, but we dont do it since the carbon trade system will provide so much money to a few people and create a global government

so, its not that hard to believe that they created the problem

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I dunno what it's like over the pond, but here our ETS (emissions trading scheme (basically cap n trade)) is stupid.

It caps pollution at a certain level. But its also made so that emissions CANT go below a certain level. So that means that IF for some reason citizens stop driving cars and have solar panels etc, it just gives more head room for industry to pollute... The whole thing is stupid.

I dunno anymore if climate-change is man made, but I do believe we should stop polluting, but this cap n trade, ETS thing is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dumb!

That video I posted above sums up my view perfectly.

[edit on 3/4/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The decision to go Nuclear was three fold:

• 19 Nuclear reactors currently supply approximately 20% of electrical energy in the UK. All but one will be decommissioned by 2023. This reliable, baseline electricity will need to be replaced.
  • 80% of all electrical energy in the UK is generated by Coal or Natural Gas. Domestic gas is running out, currently half of all natural gas is imported, in 2015 this will rise to 75%. Many coal plants are due to be shut down due to environmental regulations. Natural Gas and Coal will need replacing.
  • Nuclear is the cheapest carbon-free, non-fossil form of energy available, being marginally more expensive than coal. Nuclear is the only fossil-fuel free energy source that is widely deployable and reliable.

Just yesterday I had to explain to somebody that western nuclear reactors cannot explode.
Fact is, you having nothing to fear from Nuclear Energy. You have everything to fear from not going Nuclear, such as the environmental destruction Coal causes, and having to export your wealth to buy Natural Gas from countries such as Russia. Also, it is highly likely that even if global warming was not an issue, the same decision would of been made. Personally, I think the measures the UK has done to implement more Nuclear Energy are not strong enough.

[edit on 4/4/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

I looked up some of the quotes you cited and found that some of them are attributed to Dan Quayle.

Have you verified those quotes yourself? They are hilarious so it would be great if you could somehow confirm their validity.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Because of this:

Originally posted by heyo
Corruption and conflict of interest are ripe in the upper echelons of the Environmental Industrial Complex.

And until we get this:

Originally posted by expat2368
a few prosecutors who will bring charges against Gore and the people that have tried to rob entire nations of billions of dollars

The public will never accept any real environmental issues.

The mainstream public trust has been broken and only mainstream public prosecutions will fix it. Al Gore and his cronies have done more than anyone to destroy anything real environmentalists could have hoped to change. It is a lesson for everyone, make sure you know who you are teaming up with, else you may become the next causality.

top topics

join