It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Really Existing As Intended?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Would You Agree Some Days are Mind Numbing?

OK I'm not sure what this is all about but I experience an high number of what I call mind numbing days. Days where there is just nothing to do that stimulates the mind into a state of satisfation. And I must say being the progressive chap that I am it's starting to concern me.

In my opinion the above mentioned is one of the primary reasons people turn to drugs. It seems during the day there is a very frequent almost subconsious repetition that happens over and over again as the mind trys to find something to occupy it of longest possible duration. Iow the longer the 'distraction' the better. Cigarettes or games for example kick in as a substitute for a 'lack of something to do' or 'think about'.

The more one experiences the void of lack of stuff to do the more it seems to send the individual into a spin. and leads to what is essentially a state of lesser existance, ie one of quiet resignation or even non-contribution not only regarding development of the self but might also be neglectful to society and beyond.

So it is this state of boredom essentially which I believe is slowly being felt throughout the world in some shape or form. Lack of human experience seems to be on the increase!

Factor in that 97% of our DNA and 95% of our brain is Locked and a question begins to present itself. Are we really anywhere near existing the level our DNA and Minds suggest?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Did you ever read the Peanuts comic strip in which Lucy became convinced we were living in "used years"...? That is to say, "somebody" was recycling the years, so some years already seemed worn out to us?

This is actually a pretty fascinating concept, if you think about it, suggesting that some "higher power" is scrutinizing our years, deciding that some of them still have a little wear left in them, and accordingly running them through the mill one more time.

A few of us may be sensitive enough to perceive this re-run effect... Which has spawned a lot of sci-fi speculation about our reality being a computer-generated virtual reality — see Virtuosity and The Matrix and The Thirteenth Floor, to name just a few, for examples of this alternate reality school of thinking.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 12/26/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

Intentions are powerful postulates put forth by us. If the universe or nature or even God has intentions for us, they can not be known as easily as we can know our own intentions. Even knowing our own intentions can be problematic. How many times have you heard someone fall back on the excuse that the consequences of their actions were not their intentions? Of course, by making such an excuse they are admitting they were not very good at following through with their intentions.

There is ample evidence to support the assumption that there exists a biological imperative and that imperative is; to survive! If it is natures intention to have all creatures great and small survive, then it would be prudent for all creatures great and small to figure out how to engage in pro-survival behavior. Boredom, in and of itself, is not necessarily anti-survival behavior and is more than likely a mechanism that should act as a call to adventure.

Of course, adventure can often lead us down the path to our own demise. Even so, that we are biological bodies, whether We inhabit those bodies or are merely those bodies, as a body we will know demise. So, adventure should not be avoided simply because it can be dangerous. Adventure is a game we play to avoid being the effect of boredom. Adventure is our cause over boredom and turning to drugs or other anti-survival means is our effect of boredom.

Some might think turning to drugs is adventurous, and perhaps in the beginning as a new experience it can be. It is when we become addicted to this experience that the experience becomes anti-survival. We can be junkies hooked on drugs or hooked on adrenaline, either way if we are hooked on it, we are junkies. We need a game always and without one we will act in remarkable ways to create one. We will turn on ourselves, we will turn on each other, just to have a game.

The best games, in my humble opinion, are those we play to bring forth a stronger assurance of survival. What an adventure that is, to bring forth a stronger survival! How complex and altogether simple it can be, to answer the call to adventure and avoid the pitfalls of danger. What a game indeed!

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
everything changes
thus the energies of Earth are changing...and we are as well!
some energies stimulate boredom while others stimulate excitement/satisfaction
we may be experiencing certain energies in our lives as a test, or trigger, from the universe or higher intelligences, to activate us into new awareness and or patterns of behavior
all things change...we change
all things have a reason for being and is connected to all
my belief is that diverse energies are at work here all around us
what you look for is what you may find
perhaps a higher power is aligning events to encourage boredom/excitement in our life situation for unknown purposes
perhaps it is us resisting change - growth, to become new!

We are ONE

LOVE

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Of course, it's possible that you're retreating from reality, which is a symptom of schizophrenia, a very popular psychosis, as I understand it.

Eh... Do you play a lot of virtual reality games, read a quantity of graphic novels, gravitate to CGI spectacular movies such as Avatar? It could be that you're just burning out on sensationalism to such a degree that mundane reality has nothing to offer you.

I've had that happen once or twice in my life. Got bored with life and living. Interestingly, it always coincided with not getting laid.

If you want to restore your equilibrium, reset your motherboard, so to speak, go out and get laid. Find a beautiful, dumb chick who is not at all on your level and just shack up for a weekend...or a week.

Believe me, it reverts all your perceptual settings to default. The whole world seems new and vibrant.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Well, we don't hunt as much as our ancestors... just get a sandwich at mcdonalds, and well that's saved you a very rough adventure!

Im never bored.... im just dedicating my life to being well rounded, and not like that guy whose always getting mcdonalds.

And this stuff your spewing about 95-97 percent of brain and dna not being used... yeah i'd like to see those sources

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
And this stuff your spewing about 95-97 percent of brain and dna not being used... yeah i'd like to see those sources

Yeah, I'd kinda like to see those studies myself... I'm fairly certain that the average human being uses exactly 100% of his brain's potential. For that matter, a retard uses 100% of his cerebral potential, a idiot savant uses 100%, and an MIT Astrophysicist uses 100% of his potential.

Trust me, there's no neural cheese going to waste.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Did you ever read the Peanuts comic strip in which Lucy became convinced we were living in "used years"...? That is to say, "somebody" was recycling the years, so some years already seemed worn out to us?

A few of us may be sensitive enough to perceive this re-run effect... Which has spawned a lot of sci-fi speculation about our reality being a computer-generated virtual reality — see Virtuosity and The Matrix and The Thirteenth Floor, to name just a few, for examples of this alternate reality school of thinking.

Well interesting you say this because I know for sure this is not the first time we've down, it's at least the second and to be honest what people fail to see is there are many sinister forces, very clever ones at that who not only know how to manipulate humans, but also understand the energetic aspects of our reality and so have confined us to providing an ongoing energy source. I'm not taking this from some movie incidently I've seen it happening with my own senses.

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
So, adventure should not be avoided simply because it can be dangerous. Adventure is a game we play to avoid being the effect of boredom. Adventure is our cause over boredom and turning to drugs or other anti-survival means is our effect of boredom.

The pursuit of happiness is very much tied in with a sense of adventure. It's a shame this aspect has mostly been lost to the general public. Of course scientists can be adventurous but I feel the aspect that we are most losing out on is in realising our sense of freedom which is inextricably linked into discovery and indeed adventure. Become free again as a species and I believe we will discovery much about ourselves and our relationship to the creation.

Originally posted by awake1234
perhaps it is us resisting change - growth, to become new!

Well yes, but it's not really us resisting, more the resistance has been imposed on us, ie we have inherited a system that does not actively encourage growth as most of us see it.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I would say that that everyone is living up to their full potential, always. Whether liked or not, but we want free will don't we?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
no. i think some humans are just so crazy and want to look for more explanation to why we are here while some just accept it and live through it.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
As you think, react, express, and even drift in boredom, you are generating information-centric energy that gathers from instant to instant and gradually becomes the YOU that will exist forever as a dynamic information-centric being. Your corporeal body is merely the gestational device (like the placenta that brought that corporeal body into viability) for the YOU that is to come. While you are "alive" you are developing your perceptions, your personality, and your capacity as an informational being, so be aware of that as you allow yourself to be bored.

After all, the interested mind is never bored. Be interested in what's occurring in and around you, and you'll make the most of your preparation for full existence. Once that preparation is complete, what you've made of yourself is what you'll have to work with. This is something to take seriously.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
After all, the interested mind is never bored. Be interested in what's occurring in and around you, and you'll make the most of your preparation for full existence. Once that preparation is complete, what you've made of yourself is what you'll have to work with. This is something to take seriously.

I find it doesn't take long to take in my surroundings, yes my surroundings are nice but they are not visually stimulating and it is often visual stimulation we are missing too. Preparation is important yes, and part of the reason behind this post is to make us aware that we should be preparing ourselves for something greater as boredom should not be a natural state, far from it, so I am hoping inadvertantly to ring off some alarm bells.

My advice is do not accept the status quo or like some idiots reside to the possibility of there being nothing else greater out there. We are made of stardust, and have the componants of the whole within.

Most People are dumb dumb dumb and in the grand scheme of things most have not even begun to explore the potential by unleashing the spirit within.

One of the complelling examples of us not fully utilising our mind are savants who can astound us with mathematical answers to seemingly imposible calculations possible with a human mind. Some can recount randomly spaced out markers on a screen numbering into the hundreds and after only a few seconds of exposure to the screen. So it is evident we are dumb relative to the capabilities of the mind. Most individuals choose to accept a state of ignorance rather than accept they are selling themselves short!

[edit on 27-12-2009 by pharaohmoan]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by pharaohmoan

I find it doesn't take long to take in my surroundings, yes my surroundings are nice but they are not visually stimulating and it is often visual stimulation we are missing too. Preparation is important yes, and part of the reason behind this post is to make us aware that we should be preparing ourselves for something greater as boredom should not be a natural state, far from it, so I am hoping inadvertantly to ring off some alarm bells.

If the universe before your eyes is always pushing too hard against the universe behind your eyes, then when will you ever discover what that inner universe has to offer? It's when the outer universe pulls back, that we're given the opportunity to allow what's become trapped within to emerge, and to discover what's become of it while we were busy inhaling. Boredom is the chance for your own self to comment.

My advice is do not accept the status quo or like some idiots reside to the possibility of there being nothing else greater out there. We are made of stardust, and have the componants of the whole within.

Status quo? And what status quo might that be? I don't see one. What I see are many competing attempts to define reality, and each of them in a life/death struggle against the hand that keeps reaching for the lightswitch. There is no status quo.

Most People are dumb dumb dumb and in the grand scheme of things most have not even begun to explore the potential by unleashing the spirit within.

It is only through transcending the open moments that anything is ever released. If you see that as crushing boredom, then the issue is your perception of the gift being offered to you.

One of the complelling examples of us not fully utilising our mind are savants who can astound us with mathematical answers to seemingly imposible calculations possible with a human mind. Some can recount randomly spaced out markers on a screen numbering into the hundreds and after only a few seconds of exposure to the screen. So it is evident we are dumb relative to the capabilities of the mind. Most individuals choose to accept a state of ignorance rather than accept they are selling themselves short!

[edit on 27-12-2009 by pharaohmoan]

Genius and savantism is a result of brain dysfunction. If it were schizophrenia (another brain dysfunction) then you'd see it as damage, since you'd see no direct benefit to be gained from it. The human brain is an incredible calculator, data vault, and manger of complex system functionality, but what it does best is generate rich-texture perception information. This is the real wonder of the human brain, and why each brain is as individual as it is. The enormous capacity for integrated contextual data, and the blending of that data into an end perspective is unrivaled in our version of reality, and doing parlor tricks with dropped boxes of toothpicks is crap compared to the emergence of a full personality.

Open your eyes to what is actually occurring within you as you sit there and surf the ScyFy Channel, and you'll never be bored again.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I know what you mean.

I often feel like there's not much in this caged reality that is really worthwhile or spiritually fullfiling.

Not that I don't like to be alive, but it just feels like life on this plane has become obsolete.

I have the urge to retreat into nature, and live in the wild, or just dissolve into spirit, and fly around the galaxy.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I think this boredom with life is a bit on the self indulgent side. A luxury afforded to those of us with the time to sit at our computers and contemplate how 'there must be more'. A luxury probably not afforded to the many people in our world who are struggling just to survive.
If you are that fed up, then change it. Go off and travel or start doing things for others. If you feel that you are wasting your life, get off your behind and do something about it. The world is full of amazing things and amazing people. If you are feeling bored or trapped - sorry - but it's a trap of your own making.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

That is partly true, but not everyone has the luxury to pursue their dreams.

A lot of people are trapped, economicallly, politically, socially, geographically etc.

It's a bit simplistic to say "life's what you make it".

[edit on 27-12-2009 by Point of No Return]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
[edit on 27-12-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

All entities and all experiences are equally beautiful and unique to the creator whom we all are. That is what is intended.

Namaste.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

I think you've misunderstood me.

The whole point I am getting at is that I've been there and done that. I've traveled the world I've helped the community, I've explored many aspects of nature and what it has to offer and most of all I have explored spiritually to the point of shamanism. I've experimented with thought concepts, I tuned into the cosmos and my conclusion is that earth and the human state is inherantly wrong. It is not a natural state to exist in relative to 'Potentiality' and what exists out there. One of the reasons I have chosen a higher path than mere survival or existance, is in the hope of esaping the mire or as I see it hell on earth. Of course many have forgotton or don't understand that to be removed from the love, wisdom and conectivity to the source is a hell in itself. Absence of bliss and acceptance of mediocracy is a weakness that is being accepted worldwide.

So I have to conclude that having practiced shamanism and been in many trances that have helped me connect an untold number of dots, we are not existing anywhere near our true capabilites. Anyone who thinks they are using all of their mind or content with their life have either 1) resigned themselves to the fact that they are helpless to change their life and the lives of others or 2) are lying to themselves and have convinced their mind that the current reality they find themselves in is normal and worst still 'acceptable'!

It is this acceptabality of reality that is sad sad sad and breaks my heart. I don't claim to know God but I do know much of his work. We have litterally stopped in our evolutionary tracks. In fact evolution per se is not even understood, actively encouraged or even properly facilitated as a matter untmost importance for the species. And I don't mean growing an extra finger so you can type faster either. I mean becoming neo-human and exploring and allowing the organism to flower without fear and in an environment that can accomodate the fast progressive pace of such individuals that no doubt exist in a state of potentiality.

So for those confortable in their life of mediocracy I say this. You will not learn the lessons you need to learn just by getting by and seeing a little of the world. Your experiences may seem unique and new to you but trust me for the most part its all been done before, nothing I repeat nothing is new anymore we're just going round and round like crazy lab rats. Only the crazy thing is we think it's fun, yeah right. If you think the world is fun imo you're either a compulsive liar, not awake or so simple minded you just don't get it.

And for those that might get offended by this I say to you connect to cosmos and you will soon realise that this simple existance is a joke, and not a very funny one at that. Yes God may have created the mechanism to built the structure but i guarantee you looking at earth from above he would not be impressed with its robotic like conformist subjects. In fact if I were God I'd have more respect for oceanic life than human, it's that bad!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I know what you mean. I have lived a very active and considering my socio-economic upbringing, succesful life. I have done everything I wanted to do, the goals I set for myself have been achieved, but I am only 35. I'm bored, not sure if what you are asking is that simple, but it may be. I am and have been trying to set new goals, explore things that I never thought I would be interested in.

I'm not one of the over-stimulated kids brought up on video games and movies. I honestly hit the marks I set, maybe I set the bar to low.

Good luck, maybe its a mid-life crisis.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join