It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why has Obama remained silent regarding the recent Christmas terror attack?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Regardless of the president's response, it is worthy of note and analysis.

I don't advocate drawing too many conclusions at this point, but taking note is prudent.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This so called terror attack has taken over the MSM and everyone forgot about health care and all of the other issues.

Next thing you know, We might find a whole group of Al-Qaeda in Nigeria.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I'm sorry that you are so frightened about these terrorists. While it is a very real thing that occurs and we don't want it happening on our soil or anywhere for that matter. You still stand a much better chance passing away from a freak accident on the job, than you do being targeted by terrorists. Your fear does not necessitate starting war with entire countries so as to respond to an attack or an attempt. What should Obama do address the nation and scare everyone traveling? Better to leave Americans in the dark on most of this so that nothing is confirmed and it doesn't look like everyone is panicking trying to explain what is going on.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

And what, pray tell, do you want him to say? Honest question. The system worked, the attempt was foiled, everyone but some numbskull would-be terrorists goes home happy. Do you need him to say something?

of course you do. The terrorists have already won, on your battlefield. "OMG TERROR OH NOES!"

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I am glad he is not being reactionary -
big hoop

I would think many of you folks would be very happy not to hear his voice or watch him stammer.

We already know mother ##@$@$$ are trying to kill us...

Nobody died, we are safe, you are safe

I wouldn't waste a breath

AT least it does not appear he will use this to ram truck loads of unconstitutional implements down our throats
not that anyone has done as much

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The airport delays over the rest of this busy holiday travel period
are going to be horrendous. All sorts of false alarms (and maybe
some real ones), along with videos of airport waiting lines, are going
to be flooding the 24 hour news channels. The CNN's, FOX's and
MSNBC's of the world have to be loving this opportunity to ramp
up an atmosphere of fear over the next 7 days.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
My guess is that he is trying not to cause a panic during the holiday since our economy needs it so badly. The week after Christmas is just as important.

that bein said, everyone got their panties into a wad over Ft. Hood. He was biding his time and getting all the details before visiting,and waiting till the investigation was over.

Most likely this is the same. He is collecting facts before commenting.

People are tired of cowboys politics and shoot first and ask questions later. It got us into a long and illegal war.

I think some posters here miss it.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Hmm, let's see, the guy didn't actually bring down the aircraft, no actual tragedy happened, so what exactly is the President supposed to say?

Is the President going to be required to talk about every near disaster that happens? He would be on the TV 24/7 commenting on this near disaster, or that averted tragedy.

[edit on 12/27/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
My guess is that he is trying not to cause a panic during the holiday since our economy needs it so badly. The week after Christmas is just as important.

that bein said, everyone got their panties into a wad over Ft. Hood. He was biding his time and getting all the details before visiting,and waiting till the investigation was over.

Most likely this is the same. He is collecting facts before commenting.

People are tired of cowboys politics and shoot first and ask questions later. It got us into a long and illegal war.

I think some posters here miss it.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by nixie_nox]

Well said

ready, FIRE, aim

I don't need anybody to tell me how or what to feel about this, my take

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The president is on vacation.
He did not take his speech writers with him and is afraid to write his own speeches.

He does not want to sound worse then Bush so he just stays quite.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by jibeho

And what, pray tell, do you want him to say? Honest question. The system worked, the attempt was foiled, everyone but some numbskull would-be terrorists goes home happy. Do you need him to say something?

of course you do. The terrorists have already won, on your battlefield. "OMG TERROR OH NOES!"

The system DIDN'T work. The system is only used in the US and other significant nations. He was on board with explosive agents of some sort and A passenger intervened to subdue this guy not an Air Marshall.

Apparently this suspect boarded an originating flight in Nigeria where security screening is a second or third thought at best. Once this guy was on that flight he was home free never to be screened again and loaded with a potentially lethal compound. Connecting flights don't typically rescreen passengers before boarding thus, leaving the door wide open.

Obama does not have to say much. Just a simple statement acknowledging the failed incident and the brave act of a passenger to control the situation would suffice. He could also reassure the nation and air travelers that all safety precautions were being used given the busy holiday travel season. We all know he employs good writers.

This was an opportunity for Obama to act like a president and not the campaigner/salesman that he has been since day one. I guess he has nothing to say because he has nothing to sell at the moment. He got what he wanted before boarding that plane to Hawaii.

If this lack of response was coming from a certain president in recent history you Obama lemmings would be all over it. The new boss isn't really very different from the old boss because this event will pave the way for the extension and further rationalization of the Patriot Act and even more changes to the airport security procedures providing more opportunities to spend more money.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by jibeho]

[edit on 27-12-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Hmm, let's see, the guy didn't actually bring down the aircraft, no actual tragedy happened, so what exactly is the President supposed to say?
[edit on 12/27/2009 by whatukno]

He should raise the animal-coded terror alert level to "constipated badger".

Mod Edit - Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Obama does not have to say much. Just a simple statement acknowledging the failed incident and the brave act of a passenger to control the situation would suffice.

How do you know he didn't call the guy personally? Does everything have to be broadcasted on the news for it to have happened?

He could also reassure the nation and air travelers that all safety precautions were being used given the busy holiday travel season. We all know he employs good writers.

He can only speak for this country and if this country followed all safety measures. Did the alleged terrorist ever go through American security checks?

This was an opportunity for Obama to act like a president and not the campaigner/salesman that he has been since day one.

Yet you're suggesting he come off as a campaigner/salesman, ROFL!!!!!!!

I guess he has nothing to say because he has nothing to sell at the moment. He got what he wanted before boarding that plane to Hawaii.

See above.

If this lack of response was coming from a certain president in recent history you Obama lemmings would be all over it.

I'm not an Obama lemming, or any type of lemming for that matter, and see no reason for anyone to give a feel good speech. If you want to feel good, go feed a homeless person, treat your fellow man with respect, draw close to your loved ones and family, help out at a burn victims shelter, etc. If I were the person on the plane, who jumped the guy, I wouldn't desire the president to contact me as I understand the flight or fight response and simply understand I was acting in the best interest of my fellow man. See, this is coming from a person who does NOT endorse Obama, or any other pawn...oops...president that has "led" this country. You need to get your priorities straight, head out your rear end, and realize that if the person who jumped the alleged suspect is NOT crying for Obama to give a speech, or acknowledgement, that you're wasting your time and making yourself look pretty pathetic.

The new boss isn't really very different from the old boss because this event will pave the way for the extension and further rationalization of the Patriot Act and even more changes to the airport security procedures providing more opportunities to spend more money.

SO WHY SHOULD THE MAN GIVE A SPEECH? ROFL!

If you know the guy is no different from the other guy, or any of the previous other guys, and you know this event will further increase powers under the Patriot Act and cost us taxpayers money, WHY then do you want him to give a statement?

T-H-I-N-K, before you speak.

EMPIRE

[edit on 27-12-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Not a word...not even something like the airline passenger "acted stupidly"????

GradyPhilpott, I consider you one of the most repected posters on ATS, but.....the President is never really on vacation!

[edit on 27-12-2009 by Carseller4]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

GradyPhilpott, I consider you one of the most repected posters on ATS, but.....the President is never really on vacation!

Please consider my comments regarding the president in their entirety.

I think that you will find that my views and comments are quite fair.

[edit on 2009/12/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
First, Obama is Jewish. His mother was Jewish and his father was a Muslim from Africa. Do you think he'll be going to a Christian church any time soon? Let's HOPE.

Second, Obama is Jewish. His mother was Jewish and his father was a Muslim from Africa. Do you think he'll be demonizing Muslim terrorists any time soon? Let's HOPE.

Third, the Democrats probably fear that the Republicans set up the Detroit flight stunt. Detroit has the highest unemployment, a huge Muslim population, and they mostly voted Democrat. Let's HOPE.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by jibeho

What system worked? The system to put a brainwashed Muslim patsy on a plane with a defective exposive device? Yeah. Thank goodness the system worked.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure he called for an investigation.
There were articles on MSM

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

well it would be difficult for me to think that he wasn't completely informed of all details of what has and is happening. I am personally just not concerned about this incident, I consider it no big deal.yes had it turned out to be deadly then the story is of great concern, but it's not so for me it is move along..

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

Did you somehow miss the fact that Obama was a member of this church for twenty years?

www.tucc.org...

It is a controversial church to be sure, but it is a Christian church, nonetheless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join