It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why has Obama remained silent regarding the recent Christmas terror attack?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
30 plus hours and still no comment from our vacationing president. A failed attack to take down a crowded plane over US soil on CHRISTMAS DAY and Obama would rather golf than make a simple statement. He was briefed but soon motored off to the links shortly after being notified of this thwarted disaster. Come on Barry.

The man has been all over TV for the past year and a half and now we have nearly two days of nothing from him. I didn't realize that being president was only a M-F 9-5 gig.

He certainly never fails to impress. BTW, anyone know if Barry made it to church for Christmas service? That's what I thought.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
El Presidente' Obama is always ready to comment on Congress, On how it was all Bush's fault, how cops over reacted in a stupid manner, how the climate is soooo important, and how the USA is at fault for all the world's ills. BUT, throw in a terrorist attack with Muslim links, and .....chirp,chirp,chirp...anyday now.....anything?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It does seem odd, especially that it has been leaked that the would be bomber had PETN. He wasn't just playing around with firecrackers, if it had worked the airliner would have gone down.

www.politico.com...

[edit on 26-12-2009 by pavil]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
BTW, anyone know if Barry made it to church for Christmas service? That's what I thought.

Not a clue... But last time I checked... going to church on Christmas was not required for the president.... So, not sure what you are trying to suggest, unless you are trying to say that he must be a Muslim because he may or may not have gone to church on Christmas.... In which case, I must be a Muslim too.... Because I have not been to a church in 7 years....

That said, I will give you that I am not crazy about him not even offering a brief statement about the attempted attack... Not so much as a " Do not worry America".....

But that is really all I can say about it without getting to far off topic...

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by jibeho
BTW, anyone know if Barry made it to church for Christmas service? That's what I thought.

Not a clue... But last time I checked... going to church on Christmas was not required for the president.... So, not sure what you are trying to suggest, unless you are trying to say that he must be a Muslim because he may or may not have gone to church on Christmas.... In which case, I must be a Muslim too.... Because I have not been to a church in 7 years....

That said, I will give you that I am not crazy about him not even offering a brief statement about the attempted attack... Not so much as a " Do not worry America".....

But that is really all I can say about it without getting to far off topic...

You are correct, it is not a requirement. Perhaps volunteering at a local soup kitchen would have been more appropriate for a President who is so hell bent on forcing civic duty on the nation.

Furthermore, I never mentioned the "M" word about Obama. His decision not to find a home church in DC is common knowledge and has been the topic of many discussions. Personally, I don't think any religion matters to him.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Ask Obama why he has remained silent. My question to you, the o.p., is why does it matter? What exactly do you want him to say? What possibly can he say that hasn't been said already? Do you need him to speak to the people and give an, "At these times..." speech?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Is no one paying attention?

The president is on vacation.

[edit on 2009/12/26 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Perhaps it's due to our different cultures, however to me would it make any difference if he did speak about the matter? What will he say that would make it all go away?

When our President here says something, almost all of us don't even care. Bores the crap out of me really but still had to listen we are required to in my subject.

We do however care about the actions.

What matters is those people, not words but actions. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt, see if he will do something about it, then when he does give your constructive criticism when due.

Sometimes we ask and expect too much from people; specially with people either we admit it or not, we don't really like.

And about the church thing.. C'mon really. I don't go often either. Do you?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Its pretty obvious he doesnt want to be bothered with it, and I would think that YES as president he should say something.....something.
The one good thing to come of this is they got to bring back to life the color coding system of fear.
We're currently on "Orange" alert. I was missing the color coding system it worked well to keep the fear ramped up. So theyre getting ready for another series of color coding alerts which means there's probably some more home brewed boogie man's coming event right around the corner.
Barry should get on with the presentation pretty quick though, maybe something like,
"I see more and more of this happening here in america until we repair the climate and repair health care", we've ruined the world and the world is going to now come after us".

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
You're right, I don't like him. I tried to like him, I even tried to give him the benefit of a doubt when he became President. Then he started presiding and setting policy. Really didn't like him then. After almost a year, like him even less.
Church really isn't important in my analysis. Taxes, czars, congressional corruption, failure to solidly deal with the economy, Nobel Prize?...really?...all of these do fit into my analysis.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I know why obama hasn't said anything. He's looking for somebody to "give a shout-out to" first. And besides, why should he intrrupt his vacation on something unimportant as this? I mean give the guy a break strong arming and bribing people to get national health care takes a lot out of a person.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
There's different styles of leadership, thats correct, but the effective styles have to actually LEAD from the Front.
He speaks his prepared speeches well. He's a solid actor.
Hillary has bigger testicles.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It is a sad thing to say, but the president will have to have someone die on US soil as a direct and unassailable act of radical Islamic terrorism before anyone can truly judge him.

In this case, no one was hurt except the perpetrator.

The act was so poorly executed that many people can't take the attempt seriously. Check out the discussions on this very board.

Yes, I know the Ft. Hood incident should be enough to judge the president's seriousness regarding Islamic terrorism, but in that case, it was too easy to claim that the shooter was just a cranky, military psychiatrist.

When someone takes down a plane or a school, then we'll know for sure what he's made of.

As of now, he's remains an unknown quantity, if that's not bad enough.

[edit on 2009/12/26 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I'll agree he's an unknown quantity on your scenario of crisis at that magnitude, yet he is a known quantity at leadership and honesty and transparency, and using his known ingredients as a barometer for future grand responses I'll pull out my nostrodomus hat and predict epic failure.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

I can't argue with your logic.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I understand the rationale behind keeping Obama silent on this occasion. To have him continue with his vacation helps to underline this event not as a failure but rather as something insignificant. To my way of thinking one takes a risk either way, but unless Obama is ready to let slip the dogs of war -- issue a bloodcurdling speech calling on USAmericans to engage in a Holy Jihad against the so-called 'Muslim' terrorists who are dogs unworthy of the name Muslim -- then it is best if he remains silent.

The worst way to deal with these type of people is to do what George W. Bush did and act as 'educator' of the nation (*
*) and tell everyone that "Islam is a religion of peace" (or even worse as he stated on one occasion that I recall: "Islam means peace.") Only the village idiot could opine in such a way, and sad to say Obama the President is well on his way to the Village Idiot hall of shame.

[edit on 26/12/09 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

At least Bush did something.

In the instance that you cite, the president was trying to make it clear that Islam is not the enemy.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I think it might be best Obama remain unaffected and non reactive. "Silly terrorist trying to ruin Christmas.. well not happening, he failed and I'm going to enjoy the rest of my vacation." If Obama was quick to react, it would put this event on a higher pedastal, thus raising more panic and fear as everyone looks to the president to lead the direction the country is headed.

Then again there is also the possibility they are still waiting on intelligence. Have they figured out this terrorist's whole story yet?

[edit on 26-12-2009 by jpm06002]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I am not a fan of our prez but I don't think it would have been needed to hold a world stopping press conference about this.. kinda seems to be handled.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join