It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you dare to take the red pill to see the real Matrix.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by eazyriderl_l
Get the I thought. Hum... i try to to my best to keep my awareness, but it seems so fleeting, can you post any ways to help this or any other examples to keep an "I" mindset?

You hit point 1.

Can you hit point 2?

(I condesnsed the OPs notes to the salient points for clarity).

1. The thought 'I'. Hold on to the 'I' thought and all times no matter what.

2. You are not the body, because you as awareness is aware of the body.

You are aware of all of these things but none of these things are you.

Now turn this awareness around so it is aware of itself. Stay in that as long as possible. If thoughts pop up, notice awareness is aware of them and turn that awareness around again to be aware of itself. Thoughts will die down eventually and leave you with awareness being aware of itself.

3. If you are not the body, not thoughts, not awareness, not emotions, etc etc ...keep seeking what are you by discrimination of not this, not this. WHen the mind says, "Soul" ...immediately see that the mind said this (the mind is not this, and soul is a thought so not this. Keep digging deeper. Not this, not that, not this, not that.

See what is at the end of the questioning.

Something else for you to try - point at your own head, starting at your face, pointing at the side of your head, and move your hand back until you reach some point where you consider yourself to be pointing at some point on your head "behind" you.

Do the same in the vertical plane, until you find the point where you consider it above or below "you".

Hint: if done right, you will find something rather interesting.
I won't say what so I do not bias you.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I still seem to be a verb.

But the point is, who is I? Who is You? Who is thinking? Who's thoughts? Who is choosing? Who's reality?

Who? ...or what. How do you measure your conclusion? Is one's perception of reality through their own reality tunnel a perfect ruler? Is your perception of reality through your own reality tunnel a perfect ruler?

Continue on in your reality but fyi, the wachowski brothers wrote the script to the matrix based on real life material and mixed in with fix.

The Matrix is a film written from a good imagination and heavy influence from Neil Stevenson (the reason we call Avatar's on forums avatars), William Gibson, Philip K. Dick and the like.

edit: oh yeah, the Matrix is a better movie than a Trilogy. The last two ruined the first one.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by DINSTAAR]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

The Matrix is a film written from a good imagination and heavy influence from Neil Stevenson (the reason we call Avatar's on forums avatars), William Gibson, Philip K. Dick and the like.

Wachowski took a science fiction premise, and sprinkled in factual philosophical, ontological, mystical, zen, transcendent non-fiction musings to hold all together as glue. Thats why it resonates with so many ...there is glimpses of truth.

Many have asked "what's the purpose of existence? or why am I here?" But few ever find the answer. You can take many premises from some of the most famous and brilliant Philosopher's that ever existed and find their theories and questions in this movie. Those are the parts that are real and true.

I still seem to be a verb.

IN what way a verb? If it is existence or being then I understand. When you say that you seem to be a verb ....to which part of you do you seem to be a verb? The mind? Emotions? Awareness?

You say "I seem...." where is this I? You think you are the body, you think you exist primarily in the head. But you are thinking these things. Where is this I that is not a thought but the actual?

The mind came up with the label "verb" and "I seem" but what are you that is not a word, label, verb, or thought?

Who? ...or what. How do you measure your conclusion? Is one's perception of reality through their own reality tunnel a perfect ruler? Is your perception of reality through your own reality tunnel a perfect ruler?

Meet me at the place that has all perceptions. Mine and yours is relative. Techniques 1-3 will take you beyond the matrix and beyond relativity.

Get the I thought. Hum... i try to to my best to keep my awareness, but it seems so fleeting, can you post any ways to help this or any other examples to keep an "I" mindset?

As you go through-out your day and begin to be aware of thoughts and actions ...you will find that when speaking to others or speaking to yourself things popup such as........

I am hungry. I'm going to be late for work. Im tired. I have to brush my teeth. I have to go to bed. I wish I had more money. I need to work out more. I need to do something about this obnoxious wife of mine.

That 'I' is the root of them all. From now on when you notice yourself saying anything with 'I' in it .....stop yourself............ from finishing the sentence or thought and hold on to the 'I' by itself.

You are identifying 'I' with needs, wants, moods, feelings, senses, etc. But have not yet identified the 'I' itself. See what happens when you hold onto it longer and longer depriving it of its identifications.

Where does the 'I' thought come from? Seek its source however fleeting. It seems to exist when it has something to identify with, but find out if it exists when it is deprived of its attachments.

Awareness is aware of all senses of the body sensing, of the existence of a body, of a mind thinking, of thoughts coming and going, of emotions passing by and emoting based on outer or inner stimuli be it good or bad.

But awareness itself is simple. It is just aware. It does not think because it is aware of thoughts, it does not emote because it is aware of emotions, it does not have senses because it aware of senses.

Awareness is just aware. It is being aware. To turn it around on itself to become aware of itself. This is technique #2.

When thoughts popup awareness becomes aware of thoughts and not of itself. It is fleeting and difficult to do at first. But so was learning to ride a bike as a child. Hence the built in safety mechanism, i.e. a.d.d. training wheels.

Only if it is wanted bad enough will it be known. It seems very bland at first, seems like there is a brick wall or your going in circles. Stay with it and see what happens if you dare.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit

It is interesting listening to people who have been in a coma - they are always completely aware of their surroundings, even though they suffered serious trauma that put them there.

Hi everyone, I've been reading ATS for quite a long time, but this thread finally prompted me to sign up for an account. So please be kind, this is my first post here…

At one point in my life, I was in the hospital, in the ICU in a coma, and the doctors didn't expect me to live. As far as everybody knew, I was totally out of it. But, I was absolutely aware of everything that was going on around me. I knew exactly who was there because I could 'see' them (even though my eyes weren't open) and I could hear every word that was said. I also saw a lot of other things which weren't there, or so I was told, but that's a whole different story for a different thread.

So after I finally came out of the coma and recovered, I shocked my brother when I told him exactly what he had been talking to my mother about one day. They had been facing my hospital bed that day, with me (my body) still lying in that bed in a coma, but "I" was actually standing behind them and looking at the backs of their heads as I was listening to what they were talking about.

I remember it as if it just happened yesterday. And I know it wasn't my body that was standing behind them, but it was definitely "me." So, if "I" was lying in that hospital bed, then who was it that was standing behind them that day?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I read the first post, and here is my reply:

"So long, and thanks for all the fish."

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Dominicus, great post as usual. There's not a lot of deep, quality threads/material to read and this was great. Though I must say I was confused about the "I" thing in the OP and was back on board when it was clarified on page two.

I took the red pills a little over three years ago and have found many things I never would have believed before hand. Many. There is indeed no going back (I would have it no other way). Fortuantely, things developed in the right manner. I picked up a mantra a while ago that I use that goes something like, "I am ready for the next step of my journey. Please allow into this moment all that I can handle for the benefit of the whole." It has led me perfectly the entire time.

My challenge now is beyond thought processes. It's intergrating sixth density vibration into a vehicle that was not designed to handle such a vibration. Of course, I am still learning as we all are and have actually begun to have some success with this integration for longer periods of time. Miraculous things have been happening to say the least.

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit

Hint: if done right, you will find something rather interesting.
I won't say what so I do not bias you.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by mirageofdeceit]

This is the spot on someone else's head I've used in the past to share a telepathic conversation with. I wonder if that's the reference.....

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Well if your soul isnt realated to you body or mind in any way.... then you should have no problem shoving a knife into your head twisting it and then tell me how much you remeber about the bible.

Why is it somone could remove your love for god with a knife?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
OP, you say we are not our thoughts, and we are not our body, but unfortunately, many of us are.

Until we realize there are aspects of ourselves that are beyond these things, and what exactly these "things" are, how they manifest, how they feel, etc., people will continue believing that they are their bodies, their emotions, their thoughts, and won't be able to tell the difference.

Only when people realize they can CONTROL their body, CONTROL their emotions, CONTROL their own thoughts, and even shut their mind-chatter out completely, can they realize that they are more than these things and are not limited or binded by these things, that they are "something else" that comes before each of them.

Many people cannot do those things, however, so they will be dumbfounded by your post. Their more subtle aspects are still unconscious/subconscious.

There is absolutely nothing you can POST, to make someone experience these things. It has to come from within. They have to meditate, be attentive to what's going on inside of themselves, etc., and most people cannot stand to sit in silence with their own minds for any length of time and be introspective. They begin to go psychotic from boredom when unplugged from their precious external stimuli that drive them unconsciously.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The OP is talking about a Jnana Yoga technique called "neti neti". In his book "The Synthesis of Yoga" (pdf), Sri Aurobindo is talking about this meditation technique in part two - The Yoga of the integral knowledge (page 287 to 542). I suggest everyone to read it.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by D1ss1dent]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join