It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urban Meyer steps down as Florida coach!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Ok, so I'm watching the Pitt - NC game on ESPN and they just said over the air that Florida's athletic director is confirming that Urban Meyer is stepping down as football coach!!!

No overt reason given yet, but a shocker in college football terms ...

Urban Meyer is stepping down as Florida's football coach, the school announced on its athletics Web site Saturday.

“I have given my heart and soul to coaching college football and mentoring young men for the last 24-plus years and I have dedicated most of my waking moments the last five years to the Gator football program,” Meyer said in a statement. “I have ignored my health for years, but recent developments have forced me to re-evaluate my priorities of faith and family.”

Meyer won two national championships at Florida, and his team will play in the Sugar Bowl on New Year's Day. www.chron.com...

Sounds like either health issues, family issues, or maybe both ...

Additional link: Meyer to coach final game at Sugar Bowl

[edit on 26 Dec 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Here in GA we heard both his health and family. His daughter goes to Georgia Tech and plays volleyball and word is he wants to see her play and as you know, football season and womens volleball season run at the same time. I really don't give a
why he is stepping down, but if its to see his daughter play, he definitly gets my respect for that!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Looks like a bad heart valve, but I'm still not 100% that's the reason. He could take a year off and recover from surgery or whatever and still have the job waiting for him. Speculation is getting the better of me, but in this day and age of improprieties in college football recruiting, one has to wonder if there isn't anything more to the situation and it's just being nipped in the bud.

Off topic: He's got a couple of bombshells for daughters.

Peace

[edit on 27-12-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
oh, no!! I admire him so much, feeling so upset to here that

NFL shop

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Looks like they realized how bad this move is for recruiting and the university so they had him change it to a "leave of absence".

top topics

join