It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Cooling? Unprecedented Ice Storms In America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

A fierce Christmas storm dumped more snow and ice across the nation's midsection Friday after stranding travelers as highways and airports closed and leaving many to celebrate the holiday just where they were.

Your so full of it al gore. How does your global warming explain all these ice storms?

globalgrind.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Global warming doesnt explain anything

The fact is, its winter in the US, and severe ice and snow storms occur. It doesnt mean global warming doesnt exist, but it also doesnt mean global warming exists

[edit on 26/12/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

How does your global warming explain all these ice storms?

Silly SuperSlovak! Don't you know that the new Global Warming teachings say, that along with Global Warming comes cooler than normal temperatures in some places?

Wait a second...

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I seem to remember that one of the main ideas of global warming was that things weren't going to get warmer, but more intense. The warming (it is indeed happening folks, take any look at sattelite pictures of glaciers and the polar ice), is happening on such a small scale that I don't think it affects the temperature as much as the climate as a whole.

The real question about "global warming" is not whether or not the earth is warming up, but what is causing it. Climategate seems to suggest that it is not us that is causing it, so what is?

The ice storms aren't fun though, but we've had it much worse up here in Canada. Besides having 20 inches of snow dumped in a day, a few weeks ago, my city was recorded as the second coldest place in the entire world; only being beat by a couple of degrees by some town in northern siberia

It hurt to go outside lol

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It's so cold somedays I can't even blink my eyelids and I'm hearing stories about rising temptratures? Tell me were so I can move there.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
Climategate seems to suggest that it is not us that is causing it, so what is?

one word. sunspots.

in 1460-1550 and 1645-1715, sunspots all but disappeared. when they disappeared, the earth plunged into a "Little Ice Age." so, if there were more sunspots, then logically, the opposite would happen.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak

A fierce Christmas storm dumped more snow and ice across the nation's midsection Friday after stranding travelers as highways and airports closed and leaving many to celebrate the holiday just where they were.

Your so full of it al gore. How does your global warming explain all these ice storms?

globalgrind.com...

link   

globalgrind.com...

link   

globalgrind.com...

link   

globalgrind.com...

link   

globalgrind.com...

link   

globalgrind.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
watch this great documentary

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well I can say for sure that this summer has been much milder in Queensland than previous years. In fact the last couple haven't been as bad as they used to be. We are even getting some decent rain.

Don't get me wrong, you can still cook eggs on your tin roof, it just won't melt the lead edgings.

As the climate change buffs claim (to cover their behinds), with global warming also comes cooler temperatures.

Yeah, right. We're not that dumb here.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I think what meteorologist mean by global warming(Oz can correct me on this), is that the AVERAGE temperature will rise. Take 2 degree here and add 4 there, you will have a rise in average temperature.

Also do not blend temperature with weather.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
My Grandfather is 80 years on this planet, lived in Ireland in the same location his whole life, he is adamant that he has never seen it as cold in his lifetime.....

Climate is changing this is a fact, I am of the opinion this is all a natural Earth cycle! The debate on climate change and its causes can do nothing to change the fact that big changes are on the way and people... you better be ready!

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jigore
I think what meteorologist mean by global warming(Oz can correct me on this), is that the AVERAGE temperature will rise. Take 2 degree here and add 4 there, you will have a rise in average temperature.

Also do not blend temperature with weather.

Yes you are correct, global warming is supposed to be a direct correlation to world wide average temperature increases. With this increase, the general pattern is that storm systems will be less frequent but more severe than normal.

However, its still doesnt answer weather the temperature fluctuations are from man made intervention or not

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jigore

Point taken.

That said, it has definitely been cooler here and I was under the impression we would be hit the worst.

If "global warming" means cooler temperatures and more rain here then I'm sorry but......

Oh and I'm with other OZ (OK, OZ1), I don't necessarily disbelieve that global warming is taking place, I just don't believe we are causing it.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by OZtracized]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jigore

Land temperature has been decreasing and ocean, increasing, and the difference is a slight warming I do believe.
But is this because of co2?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Hi Oz, could you give me your expert opinion about this video that the poster earlier gave us. It would be much appreciated.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join