It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spooky: 1 in 3 Democrats communicate with the dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
A new poll out there seems to show a corrolation between politics and spirituality. And suprisingly, this time it's the Democrats who are shown to be more spiritual, at least in this area.

World Net Daily

By Chelsea Schilling
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

Democrats are far more in touch with the dead than Republicans and they also visit fortune-tellers more often, a new study reveals.

The number of Americans who say they have interacted with a ghost has doubled in the last 13 years, the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life revealed in its "Many Americans Mix Multiple Faiths" report.

Now, approximately 18 percent of respondents say they have seen or been in the presence of a ghost, compared with only 9 percent in 1990 and 1996. Likewise, 29 percent of respondents felt that they had been in touch with someone who has already died, compared with 17 percent in 1990 and 18 percent in 1996.

The results also show that Democrats are far more likely to believe in supernatural phenomena than Republicans.

"Conservatives and Republicans report fewer experiences than liberals or Democrats communicating with the dead, seeing ghosts and consulting fortune-tellers or psychics," Pew reported.

36 percent of Democrats report being in touch with someone who is dead, compared with only 21 percent of Republicans.

21 percent of Democrats say they have seen a ghost, compared with only 11 percent of Republicans.

22 percent of Democrats say they have consulted a fortune-teller, compared with 9 percent of Republicans

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This explains everything!

It's no wonder they can get so many of the dead to come out and vote for their cause on election day.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I always wanted to see a ghost for myself. Does this mean, if I change my voter registration, ghosts will be more attracted to me?

Maybe they think Republicans are too uptight to converse with. Or maybe Republican's are afraid to be laughed at if they talk about this stuff. Or maybe they think ghosts are "unchristian" or something stupid like that.

Who knows.

Anyone out there have experience with Ghosts? Do you know why ghosts prefer Dems?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Are you saying that 1 in 3 Democrats actually talks to Republicans??!!

O.K., just kidding. Why Democrats? Wouldn't the figure be similar across the board? Maybe Republicans are more hesitant to admit to it. What about Christians (or any religious zealout for that matter)? Don't they all talk to the dead? After all, Jesus died around 2000 years ago.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by OZtracized]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hi all, I am a democrat , although I have turned coat before... "fraid this last time I never made a decision so I never voted at all.. And yes, I see residual ghosts. Seen them all my life and every where I go. They never talk, just do the same repetitive motions all the time.
Not only do I see residual energy of the dead, but the living too!!! So, I don't really think you can call them ghosts, just some form of left over energy.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This is the opposite of what I would have thought.
Maybe Jesus is scaring the ghosts away.

new topics

top topics

join