It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is G_D Sending A Christmas Message To The non-Christians.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Oz. in case you haven't noticed, the USA currency is accepted everywhere, even in the outback, the English language is spoken through out the world.
And many people immigrate to the USA because it IS the hub of the world. And yes, even though you won't admit it, IF you could afford to move here and IF you had a college degree You would be here. But you can't and you don't.

Currency has nothing to do with time zones. There are no Christian Time zones. Check a map. You are way off.

More people speak Mandarin than English. You are hardly putting any effort into this at all.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

That seems to be par for the course around here lately, my dear.
Why post fact when wild speculation and made-up information is so much more entertaining?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Oz. in case you haven't noticed, the USA currency is accepted everywhere, even in the outback, the English language is spoken through out the world.

You know, I live in England, where the English Language originated, and the reason that the language is spoken throughout the world is because of The British Empire, when we used to be in direct control of approximately a quarter of the planets landmass, and literally ruled the waves with the largest naval fleet in the world.

And yes, the reason YOU speak English is because of the English (oddly enough) - although apparently it was a close run vote at the time, and you could have ended up speaking german.

And, oddly, if you try and pay for something in dollars here (unless you happen to be within a US shop on a borrowed RAF base) you'll be asked to pay in the national currency - that or you will be refused service.

And many people immigrate to the USA because it IS the hub of the world. And yes, even though you won't admit it, IF you could afford to move here and IF you had a college degree You would be here. But you can't and you don't.

I think you'll find that the person you were directing your comments at is a fully qualified meteorologist who is more than capable of securing a job anywhere in the world.

Now it may come as a suprise to you, but the USA is the hub of YOUR world, and not necessarily anyone elses. We all have our own national pride and patriotism thank you very much, and deliberate attempts at snide and supposedly insulting remarks don't come across very well.

This is ATS. We deny ignorance here. We most certainly don't embrace it.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

So God killed 300,000 people to send us a message? How charming.
Can I just ask one personal question, though. Have you been recently released from an asylum?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Are you suggesting the English language came from the United States
please, stay away from the rest of society. Never leave your house or enter any positions of power.

We are doomed if you interact with the rest of the human race.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Hi guys, I never really swallowed the official line of a tsunami, From eruption of the plates in the ocean,
My theory on this event was that there was some sort of a reactor explosion.
That moved the plates causing the tsunami, Now whether this was caused by a nuclear sub or a downed UFO, is open for debate, The thing i noticed on the news was the amount of naval vessels from all nations amassed around the "seat" of the tsunami, causing me great suspicion.. IMO

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Ummm, why would god kill people from other religions?? You do know that the 3 main religions (christianity, islam, jewdaism) all worship the same god right?? The only difference are the books they read from, and thats not all too different!

The christian bible has the jewish holy book in there doesnt it??
The 'Quran mentions of a great man who was born named Jesus
But in the end of it all, they all worship the same god, but differnet humans/prophits.

If he were to be my god trying to send me a message, ill ask him to just give me a call or drop me an email instead, at least then i would be able to get the message with out having to die.

Also, the whole "america is the center of the world" crap. My friend, you are the perfect example of matt stone and trey parkers humor.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Have you ever heard about the 1755 Lisbon earthquake on November 1, when most people were in churches celebrating All Saints' Day?

Some studies point to a death toll up to 100,000 people in Lisbon only (several small towns in the Algarve and North Africa were completely destroyed). The tsunami that followed was responsible for the destruction of many houses and fortifications as far as Ireland.

Most large churches in Lisbon (the cathedral and three basilicas) were destroyed, and even today you can see the ruins of one of those, the Carmo convent, that was left as a reminder of that earthquake.

At the time (and for many years) it was a source of religious doubt and philosophical discussions.

Do you think this was god/God/G_D/_OD/GO_/etc. sending a message to Christians? And if it was, why was Cacilhas and Almada, on the other side of the Tagus river, not affected by the tsunami and less affected by the earthquake?

PS: you can read here the English translation (or here, if you know French, a language less spoken than English but not less important
) of a poem Voltaire wrote about the 1755 Earthquake, to get an idea of the philosophical and religious implications.

PPS: other implications of that earthquake was a diminishing overseas power, making way for the appearance of British Empire and the start of seismology.

PPPS: the epicentre of this earthquake was more or less the same as the earthquake we had last week here in Portugal.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by infiniteAre you suggesting the English language came from the United States
please, stay away from the rest of society. Never leave your house or enter any positions of power.

We are doomed if you interact with the rest of the human race.

Agreed. Violater1, if you leave your house or whatever you live in, and begin interacting with ANYONE, the world will never quite be the same.

English= ENGLAND

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

Reactor explosion? nuclear sub? downed UFO? what school of thought do you apply to?

the dynamic earth does not have erupting plates. if that were true, there would be no earth. tectonic plates slide past each other, not erupt.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Keep in mind people, that if 300,000 people who were currently attending church services died in an earthquake, tsunami, (etc), the bible-beaters would just claim that it was 'god calling his children home'. But, since it was in a non-predominantly christian area, it was 'god sending a message'...pathetic...seriously, they can find an excuse for anything...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

What is is with all these religious threads, do they belong on ATS? I'd vote no, for the simple reason that we are here to deny ignorance. If a tsunami strikes it is definitly not in the ATS spirit to think it came from a god, gods dont make tsunamis, they are caused by an earthquake or volcanic eruptions.

If we accept all these religious thread we'll never figure ANYTHING out at all. There will be an endless number of threads asking if it was this god that did x, or that god that did y. At least least its put in the skunk works.

Ironic that both happened on Christmas.

Irony (from the Ancient Greek εἰρωνεία eirōneía, meaning hypocrisy, deception, or feigned ignorance. Yeah i see a couple of words there id attribute to yahweh & co

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Has anyone else noticed that when we started defending Oz and bashing the OP. more then his brain could handle, he hasnt been back to defend him and his god?

BTW good points on Cali earthquakes, mt st helens, so on and so forth.

Wow I thought I had read some dumb things on here but this one is high on my personal list.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

This post was the cause of much hilarity at my party tonight.

We had a well educated bunch over who have travelled all over the world.
None of them would accept $US even when it was worth something. And as for now . . .

There's a reason why the dollar has not utterly tanked. It's because other countries are devaluing their currencies fast to avoid losing their share of the export market. Measures are in place when the $US sinks too low for the rest of the world as a whole to revalue their currencies and the US will be a goner.

Just warning those who listen.

I don't know anyone, educated or not, who would want to move to that unfree land you call America. Even the ears of your elected representatives are not free. They charge by the minute or take no notice at all!
- It's neither a democracy or a republic. It's a corporation of drup and weapon manufacturers, and you are allowed the illusion of freedom because it saves money to make the slaves responsible for their own welfare.

You are correct that English is spoken in many parts of the world. On the net it's often easy to pick Americans because they are the ones who have no understanding of grammar, spelling or logic. Many countries have some people who speak English. So does America. But America has the greatest number who murder the language.

Colonialism is a self defeating policy.
America has tried it, and gone broke.

Bad luck, au revoire, bon nuit.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Yep... and this year, god sent one of his "tools of wrath", the american air force, to bomb Pakistan... I admit that they always pick nice dates to start wars... but god is crearly running out of funds, I mean... from an earthquake to a tiny bombing with 2 planes... hes clearly running out of funds... or options lol

Btw... why do you call him G_D? I mean... is it easier to type the _ than the O? I dont get it sorry... this is a completely off top question, if someone cares to enlighten me...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Btw... why do you call him G_D? I mean... is it easier to type the _ than the O? I dont get it sorry... this is a completely off top question, if someone cares to enlighten me...

I *think* it has to do with that old saying about not taking the Lord's name in vain... didn't know it applied to writing the word, though... just a guess on my part.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Indeed, but it is important to have a day set aside for recognizing and celebrating Christ's entry into the world.

Many people have great love for God, and many also love Christ as His son. Nothing wrong with that.

I haven't been concerned about the actual date. I am fully aware that this is a celebration of the event, not a celebration of the date.

Also, most faithful are loving Him every day. Christmas is a public observance, not an empirically significant date.
Best wishes.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This got to be one of the most ridiculous thread ever. Seriously, I'm wondering if you're posting this crap just to troll because you're so full of shiiiit it's incredible.

First of all, you assume that GOD is Christian? GOD, ALLAH, BUDDHA. Call it the name you want there is only one GOD and he did not create religion. Human did to control the weak. Humans basically credited GOD for whatever they did not understand.

Also about your statements that USA is the hub of the world , well I've got news for you. The 50's are over, the american dream is dead and your country is falling apart. Most violent country in the world yet one of the most religious? What about GOD's loving message?
There's a shift of power in the world and the USA is losing. Sorry but maybe you should get out of your beloved country and start travelling a little bit because IM sure you never got out of your redneck shiiiiiithole.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

ahm I see...

Makes sense.. thanks

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I've seen some ignorant bigoted tripe posted on ATS before, but the OP is close to taking the cake with this 'un! There's a strange smell here...reminiscent of the stench you'll find under some bridges...where trolls live...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join