It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is G_D Sending A Christmas Message To The non-Christians.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
If your god were trying to communicate something, this would be a pretty weak way to do it. First of all if he wanted to target the perpetrators of child sex slavery, in his omnipotence he could target them and leave the more innocent people out of it. Or at least he could send a message that was more clear and didn't require so much subjective interpretation.

Also way more people died/bad things happened on days that weren't Christmas, so were those all messages too? Directed towards who?

Do you think that this was an effective message? Do you think the particularily sinful people in areas were effected more than the more innocent people? And do you think anyone at all will "get the message" from the failed bomb on the airplane? And what exactly is the message?

Do you percieve every coincidence as a message from god?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LocoHombre
reply to post by OzWeatherman

agreed, even though i'm an americano, i must say that the US would be his first AND ONLY target. but if he would target a country, why has he not done it yet?

americano??? Loco Hombre??? Nothing American there!!!
The world knows that when they are in trouble, they call Uncle Sam! Unless you have a coward in the whitehouse

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LocoHombre

Just curious Loco....what is a cutom avatar? Is it an avatar with a cuchillo?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

... it was Christmas in the majority part of the Christian world.

The majority eh?

Pray tell, in which part of the "christian" world was it NOT christmas?

[edit on 26 Dec 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Ummm You do know that OZweatherman is a meteorologist in Australia right? And I assume that they have the standards that we in the US have, that the bare minimum of education needed at a college level of Bachelor to hold that title of meteorologist. So saying he has no degree and hasn't moved to the US makes him "stupid"? There are many people trying to LEAVE the US for other countries like Australia. AND also how many "good Christians" died in that tsunami that were at some of the tropical resorts?

It was a tragedy plain and simple. Also the dumb@ss that tried to blow up the plane picked the wrong one. Honestly a Detroit? Besides Oakland, LA and NYC no other city in America has the rep in pop culture that Detroit has. Not that it hasn't earned it.

Why don't you educate yourself a bit before spouting off some of this? Christ was not born in December it was more like March or April. Dec 25 was chosen because of Saturnalia, Roman pagans were already partying this day and the early leaders though this would be a good way to convert them. Here is a site that gives some other facts too. www.christianitytoday.com...

So really your god chooses to punish the innocent and the guilty in one swipe. Not someone I would want to worship.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Oz. in case you haven't noticed, the USA currency is accepted everywhere, even in the outback, the English language is spoken through out the world

Dear most ignorant ATS member I have come across to date.....its not accepted here in OZ, try paying for anything with the greenback and you will get laughed at, same as in Euope and Britain etc, you are clueless.

I was angry at you before, but now I am just cranky at myself for taking the time to post my heart on this lame thread. I have deleteed it, as such a memory doesn't belong with this stupidity.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Oz. in case you haven't noticed, the USA currency is accepted everywhere, even in the outback,

I live in a town of 200 in thwe Australian outback and we do not accept US currency

Fail number one

And many people immigrate to the USA because it IS the hub of the world.

Hub of the world? Your economy has gone to crap, it owes China hundreds of billions of dollars

Fail number two

And yes, even though you won't admit it, IF you could afford to move here and IF you had a college degree You would be here. But you can't and you don't.

Obviously you dont know what I do for a living for a start, my job requires a degree

Fail number three

People with college degrees dont automatically move to the US, the US education system is literally crap compared to the rest iof the world

Fail number four

I have plent of money, but I would rather blow it on a trip to Europe than travel to the USA, any day or buy a house or car.

Fail number five

Are you even over 18 by any chance?

[edit on 26/12/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Ironic that both happened on Christmas.

No, it's ironic that christians seem to think that their 'god', should he actually exist in the capacity that they'd have others believe, would be so petty and vengeful and BORED as to take such a personal interest in our tiny lives.
Actually, I'm not exactly sure how that'd be ironic actually, but you get what I'm saying.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Is a message being sent by god?

What would that message be? That he is angry at us so he is sending a terrorist to blow us up?

You would think God could find a better terrorist... One that does not fail....

Either that or God had nothing to do with it... It was just the act of a crazy guy who could not pull it off... Simple as that...

The god I know does not send failed terrorists down to attempt to cause harm to us..The God I know is not a vengeful , spiteful, angry god....

Sorry, but no, this was not a message from god...

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Well... I got sick on christmas... I know this only to be a sign from god telling me that I need to live a better life.

Or not to shake hands with sick strangers...

The first one is slightly more interesting, i'm sticking with it.

(BTW OzWeatherman.... ****** Brilliant! You've made my week
)

Now see, if maybe India had done something signalling that they despised yahweh and were about to wage a war with him/her/it, then a tsunami hit... maybe... I'd still be extremely skeptical.

But say now, a volcano erupted in the USA then teleported to india killing millions with the tsunami, I'd still be skeptical.

Now if Ted Haggard teleported to India and started smoking Ice and create a catastrophe of himself all over there, the same time as the tsunami and volcano... maybe.

But If all that happened.... and Hillary Clinton was sent there to detonate nonsense on a small village.

Then... I would pray for god to spare them...

Now that... that'd be one hell of a coincidence.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Agreed.
It's amazing how those who are such bible-beaters are so egocentric to believe that their god has taken such personal interest in their lives.
It astounds me like little else.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
(BTW OzWeatherman.... ****** Brilliant! You've made my week
)

Lol, your welcome

Apparently hurricane Katrina, the California earthquakes, Mount St Helens, 9/11, hurricane Andrew alll only killed non-Christian people according to the OPs logic.

Oh and they all occured on Christmas Day

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
The god I know does not send failed terrorists down to attempt to cause harm to us..The God I know is not a vengeful , spiteful, angry god....

Sorry, but no, this was not a message from god...

Amen, to that!! I don't know what god some people worship, but it certainly isn't the God that I have come to know and love. I starred your post because you voiced my sentiments precisely.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

For many Christians, Christmastide last twelve days. And for Roman Catholics who use the Calendar of Paul VI, the Christmas Season lasts even longer than twelve days. And for Russian Orthodox and a few other national Orthodox churches, Christmas does not come until January 7th.

I would be interested in pursuing the OP's question but I neither have the resources or the time to research it -- and more is the pity for that. But never mind ... time to press forward and march into the New Year.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

wow. . . now the bible thumpers are going racist.

seeing that his so-called argument is losing its nonexistent lustre, he is now attempting to lash out at anyone and anything.

and, Violater1, i am actually more american than your ancestors, the original illegal immigrants, the pilgrims.
i am an American Indian, fluent in 6 languages. i chose the name LocoHombre because it is who i am, a crazy man.

now, back on topic.

if your god WAS real, why does he not smite those who preach other religions. why does he create diseases to harm the innocent? why does he allow simony and child molestation to take place IN HIS CHURCHES?
answer me zealot.

~a lowly native

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Totally agree Oz. the greenback is not accepted everywhere. many americans are very narcisstic, and believe that they are the greatest on the planet.

Violater1, please, before you start making false accusations, make sure you know thy enemy beforehand. you are quickly bringing an end to the once appealing thread this once was. you are killing thy own thread. why?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Oz. in case you haven't noticed, the USA currency is accepted everywhere, even in the outback, the English language is spoken through out the world.
And many people immigrate to the USA because it IS the hub of the world. And yes, even though you won't admit it, IF you could afford to move here and IF you had a college degree You would be here. But you can't and you don't.

US is not the hub of the world. English is not an american language. it is an Anglo-Saxon Germanic language, which evolved (
, bad word for the fundies) in England, hence the name ENGLISH.

Oz is a weatherman, which, in case you haven't heard, needs a college degree.
and WHY come to america and risk getting killed by a gang, zealot, etc., for which america seems a lamp to these flies?

ladies and gentleman of the jury, this has gone from simple fail, to UBER EPIC FAIL!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Oz. in case you haven't noticed, the USA currency is accepted everywhere, even in the outback, the English language is spoken through out the world.
And many people immigrate to the USA because it IS the hub of the world. And yes, even though you won't admit it, IF you could afford to move here and IF you had a college degree You would be here. But you can't and you don't.

I only read the first page (was all i could handle) but you have to be one Of the most ignorant ATS user iv ever seen. little Racist little Patriotic but totally ignorant. you remind me of a child teasing someone that wasn't entitled to the same things you where.

December 26th??? Kawanza? anyone?

[edit] Ok i read the 2nd page and im glad i did "People with college degrees dont automatically move to the US" was worth it just for that.

[edit2] Good point Matt, he is ONE OF.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by Bringer]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bringer

The most ignorant?
For realz???
Now that says a lot.
I've been fighting against some serious ignorance in my time up here (short according to my registration, but I've been reading many many posts before my actual registration) and if he's the most ignorant, then I guess I'm in good hands.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join