It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Customer Discrimination?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Hey ATS, I am not so sure as to whether or not this thread is placed correctly, but I have just had an angering experience.

I went to my local Verizon store to transfer phone numbers from an old phone to a new phone. There was a line. We walked in, told the man why we came (reason just stated), and said we have to leave in 50 minutes to be somewhere.

He suggested we come in at another time, but we decided to stay and he put my name down on a list.

6 people were in front of us.

Long story short, we waited for the six people to finish, but he also let two others go before us who have been waiting a shorter time (my guess is because they were buying expensive products compared to what I was doing which would have cost zero).

Are they allowed to do this? I am not here to PROVE my side so do not bother asking for proof and what not. With the information given to you, is this legal?

Anything I can do besides call and complain?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Might not be very good customer service.

But yes they can do that. Of course it's legal. The real time for complaining was instore, but take it further if that's your wish. But life's short.

Perhaps choose a company other than Verizon next time ?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
I went to my local Verizon store to transfer phone numbers from an old phone to a new phone.

If you mean a sim to sim transfer for a cellphone, we don't even have that service here, you have to do it yourself.

so I am not amazed at your waiting time when this is the case.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Are they allowed to decide who they serve first? Of course, they don't have to serve you at all if they don't want to.

It is very possible that they served the people who wanted to spend money, first.... I can't say I blame them...

Now, I do think it stinks... I think it needs to be first come , first serve, but it is not my store and I have no say what so ever.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
You never know what the circumstances are. Those people could of been returning, waited a while and came back, etc.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

You never know what the circumstances are. Those people could of been returning, waited a while and came back, etc.

True, but informing other customers of this would have been nice.

Thing is, decent customer service seems to be somewhat of a dying art form, and that is really what it is...an art. Unfortunately, people seem to always forget the golden rule, which is also the foundation of most religious ideas....

Do unto others as you would have done to you.

If more kept this credo in mind, we'd all have a much better world....

As for Verizon, as a former employee of theirs, I can say that they are aware they have customer service issues...but, they also have coverage in areas where I couldn't use previous cell service, so that was my deciding factor at the time....(and still is)...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I havne't decided if customer service is a dying art, or if Americans would stop buying junk and shopping at Wal-Mart, maybe stores would respect the consumer more and invest in customer service.

Why worry about top line customer service when your going to insist on going into a store anyways?

I am sure high end stores still have decent customer service.

You get what you pay for....

top topics

join