It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2009 - 20 Astounding Photos of Space

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by inlandempire88
Is it just me, or do these pictures look fake? Not saying they ARE fake, but they sure look like it. Beautiful pictures though

Waay off topic but how about you remove your ZERO class avatar. Ur quite childish and no one is impressed with a middle finger. Grow up.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
A very nice compilation.

I really enjoyed it.

There is such a majestic and serene beauty that makes one feel so

inconsequential when one sees the sheer magnitude of the universe.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This stuff is just SOOO amazing to me. It is so unbelievable what there is besides Earth. There is so much more then us on this little planet!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Beautiful photos like these really make me think on how much beauty there truly is in the Universe. There is so much for us to discover. We are so young...

Thank you for the excellent pictures.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Am I the only one who finds images like this of the universe scary...think about it..I mean we are all specs in the images but just the idea that the universe is so huge is scary..and how its all so colorful then darkness is all around it..creeps me out

overall theyre pretty cool pics..ive seen them before..from the Nasa site..everytime i look at those colorful galaxy pictures I think about Heavy Metal..the 1981 animation..its like a fantasy..

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MR.FELIZ

I think it would freak me out more if I was doing a SpaceWalk on the Spacestation!

But for now , it just amazes me!!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

S&F!

A very beautiful collection of Space pix.

My favs are:

4/ The Cartwheel galaxy
18/ The Soap Bubble Nebula

It makes one feel the greatness of the Universe and the insignificance of man ......

Peace!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Very wow indeed GREAT pics !

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Seeing these pictures brings two thing to mind for me:

1. We are insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

2. Even knowing how insignificant I am, I still get annoyed at humans for quotes like these.

Originally posted by inlandempire88
Is it just me, or do these pictures look fake? Not saying they ARE fake, but they sure look like it. Beautiful pictures though

Really? Fake?
But you'll believe a grainy images of a shape in the sky and absolutely be convinced it's little green men from Alpha Centauri.

The ignorance of many of us is staggering.

Then we get this....

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
That's just it.
I think Majestic has a Cigar shaped beamship of its own.
I think MJ-12 has been to Zeta Reticula already. - Fold Space -

Honestly, we go from fake pictures to a guy who thinks we have starships and foldspace technology when we can't even develop a decent solar panel.

I know how tinnie tiny we are and I still can't shake my annoyance.
I think I need to see a doctor.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

its incredible grantbeed n thanks for posting them!we can always use another reminder of the super massive machine that we are part of..even if we choose to turn away n disregard it!beautiful!whatever your religious/scientific/philosophical outlook youve got to admit that this stuff is fairly mind blowing n is testament to the fact that we will never as a species fully know it all!!probably a blessing really but it makes me ache for it n for our limitations in respect of our perceptions of our clockwork universe(s?)!nice one buddy!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Wow great pics!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

i know what you mean! Why can't people just really appreciate this kind of amazing beauty !

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Perry_Hellion

i agree Perry. What a boring place it would be if we knew everything and had discovered all.

New pictures, new discoveries, new ideas all make for an amazing life.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Here is a very nice pic! Hope you all enjoy!

www.rc-astro.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
so amazing but why so untouchable?...why everything is so far away...there must be a reason....even the smallest atom in our planet got a purpose and such beauty couldnt be there just for an accident...there must be a way intelligent beings can use all this stuff

im sick and tired of all the millions light years, billions of stars, trillions of galaxies..all figures that condemn us here
..i wanna travel now

[edit on 5-1-2010 by heineken]

[edit on 5-1-2010 by heineken]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join