It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELLO? Codex Alimentarius? This December 31st people!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

PrisonPlanet.com aka Alex Jones is a sensationalist report relying upon the same principles of reporting that Fox News journalist Geraldo Rivera once and still does use to report stories with.

I don't believe everything Alex Jones has to say nor should you. He does pose some very interesting views on things but his take in general is way over overboard. I'm not saying that I don't like Alex Jones, I'm just saying he's not getting attention because he is not that believable.

Ya'll do as you wish with regard to anything Alex Jones reports. As for me, I'm just a little skeptical of a man who can't really prove much of what he says or believes.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx
S+F! More people need to be aware of this, if it is in fact true. Also, I am not familiar with the phrase "Codex Alimentarius." So if you or somebody else would mind explaining this to me, it would be greatly appreciated.

This is very scary! Especially because this is a perfect way to initiate a means of population control without the majority of the population ever knowing anything about it.

I was just talking to a few of my friends about the horrors of eating "western" processed foods. It seems as if everybody that is dying these days, is dying from some form of cancer. And I particularly believe that our diets play a very, very large role in this. Especially with all the crap that is in fast foods and everything. This thread in particular is a great example: Pizza Hut cheese is not just cheese, its silicone!

Its hard to eat healthy as well, mostly because healthy unprocessed food is far more expensive than cheap microwavables, and not as readily available... At least for me as a poor college student.
Great find tho OP, I will certainly be following this thread very closely.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kynaccrue

wow there is so much crap here that it actually made me sign up just to post on ats.

Wow, I've never heard that one before, very original.

first of all, say that all of it is actually true, and the conspiracy is real. how would they ever implement it even if they wanted to? like it was stated that a mere legislation for changing the nature of herbs was canned after protest. what makes you guys think something that is so grand is actually going to fly?

It's not a conspiracy. A conspiracy is a lie between more than two people to hide information from others. This is nothing more than people making money and passing laws called "Guidelines" to protect companies from being held accountable for selling silicone pizzas or chickens that are 98% water. It also helps keep the populations belly full and their mind empty for future money making laws and guidelines.

It's nothing new food wise it's just a nail in the coffin.

second, say that they did make it work and now we all have no nutrients, people are going to notice their weakness real soon and most of the billions of death wont be from malnutrition but from revolutions.

No they won't, do we as a country full of absolutely obese people worried about our 300 pound 7 year old children notice? No.

That's the problem, your mind does not notice it is not currently working correctly. like a person with down syndrome can't understand why he is different.

They can and will take the food level down as far as they can with out killing you, they are all ready doing it have have bin for years.

third, lets not forget that supplements and vitamins are already pharmaceutical products even if they are not restricted substances. the companies may be different than big pharma but they are sure to be affiliated in may ways. so to put this plan in action would result in may of these companies going bankrupt. not to mention the years that these companies campaigned for the benefits of their stuff only to turn around and lose their user base because of lack of confidence. somehow i just don't think that even if the TPTB wanted to do this, they would pick to do it during world wide economic chaos

Why do think Vitamins and supplements are needed in the first place?

Once food is stripped of all but the bare minimum the Pharma boys and supplement guys with see quadruple profits.

And yes now it the perfect time to pass "guidelines", while every one is to worried to think about food nutrition. People are loosing their jobs and being thrown out of their homes at the moment. Like a dog they will eat anything you toss at them. It's going to get much worse you know.

as for the nutrients in the blood comments, just because you have them in your blood doesn't automatically mean you can think.

Well you should try it some time because it sure grant the opportunity.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by m khan
reply to post by neo5842

We have lots of dandelions in our yard. Do you have any good recipes.

I'm no cook. I am actually too afraid of chemtrails to pick anything out of the yard, Last spring the whole lawn was dusty and I got sick everytime I mowed the lawn.

Does anyone have any ideas on something we could grow indoors that would be healthy and nutritious?

[edit on 26-12-2009 by m khan]

Do some research on SPROUTS. They are easy to grow all year and Very, Very nutritious.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicalview
This link may clear up the 'confusion'

Can i just point out that the regulations in question here (and i believe this entire thread)are to food supplements and additives.

So all this "hullabaloo" is all about food supplements and food additives, and has nothing to do with removing naturally occurring nutrients from food, as the OP claims.

Thank you for providing a little levelheadedness to this wild thread.

I'm all for reducing the amount of those nutrient additives and supplements. Those artificial "nutrients" are not alternatives for the real naturally occurring nutrients in foods. Food providers should strive to have nutrient foods that do not require additives and supplements.

Many of these artificially added vitamins do more harm than good. I'm glad someone is beginning to crack down on these artificially-produced vitamin additives -- many of which ARE toxic when taken in our bodies everyday for year after year.

The natural vitamins in natural foods are the way to go. Processed foods with supplements and additives are slowly killing us all.

[edit on 12/26/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

control of food in Latin (I believe)

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Additives and supplements is pretty much all the nutrients people are getting now a day!

Unless you have your own goat, your own chickens, grow your own vegetables or pay outrageous prises for "organic" food at the health food store you are eating processed food.

Is this really that hard to understand?

They are slowly eradication all none processed food world wide, and now they will limit the vitamins and supplements in processed foods. This means you get no nutrients at all!

Don't fall for the old bait and switch.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
if you seriously think the food situation is bad here in the US obviously you have never looked at the situation in china. there is pretty much no regulation in their
food industry and even fake eggs and milk made purely of chemicals are being sold there. people have died from those but the entire population is humming along just fine. even with silicone in our pizza do you think it actually even comes close to what they have? if the goal was a reduction of population then why does china still have a population problem? you would think that if someone want to implantation a plan like this they would first try to study a similar situation. also you say overweight americans won't fight this if realized, even as the fattest country america is only about 1/3 obese. there are plenty left to fight on if needed. those that are panicking about this states that this whole thing is a population control scheme but as you can see that clearly wont work if implemented. so then the point is to just make more money? alrite, that works for me. but if thats the case you can bet that the process will continue to be slow and painless and it will take even more years to come close to chinese standards and we will all still be here.

also regarding the starting of my last posting being original, i merely stated what happened. maybe i should call you original for even bothering to make a comment on it.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by kynaccrue]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scarcer
I've looked all over the site and I can't find anything fishy. I went through this the last time I saw this topic pop up.

Codex Alimentarius gets their nutrition guidlines from WHO. Their guidelines are no worse than the FDA's which are already horrible. There's really no further damage that can be done to our nutrition.

As far as supplements getting banned, please show me where it says so.

In fact the Codex A. site has standards for various supplement packaging and preparation standards.

I was caught up in the hype for a while, but now I'm thinking this is a bunch of scare mongering. Somehow I think the party involved must be connected to some kind of large company that's going to get damaged so they are stirring up a conspiracy around it.

So, again, show me facts, not a women rambling on. I can't find anything on the site.

By the way, if this really did happen

You could just start eating dandilions out of your lawn to make up for nutritional loss

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Scarcer]
yes I agree . and to the OP. Stop this crap. F E A R M O N G E R I N G !!!!!

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kynaccrue

I understand what you are saying. But your not seeing my point.

No one is going to fight anything. Just like in China, you too will be buying fake eggs very soon.

Like I said I already have the option to buy fake milk in Mexico while they are pushing laws saying you can't have chickens in your house.

There are news reports from respected sources like Bloomberg saying that there will be food riots world wide even tho there are all ready food riots world wide.

Like you said 1/3 of the population in the US is a plumped obese chicken....1 @#$% 3rd is a fat cow. That is a crap load of fat people and yet we are still debating whether or not the food we eat is bad for us.

This Codex is a WORLD WIDE "guideline" "recommendation". This means China will not have to sell real eggs, it means the US will be "recommended" by the WHO to sell fake eggs. After all what they hell is real food in America?

We don't eat real food, there is no where to buy real food except third wold countries. And now the additives and supplements in the fake food we do eat is going to be limited so we don't die of over consumption? Please give me a brake.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
No one is going to fight anything. Just like in China, you too will be buying fake eggs very soon.

Care to quote a valid source for that? All I can find is that it is a hoax....

Like you said 1/3 of the population in the US is a plumped obese chicken....1 @#$% 3rd is a fat cow. That is a crap load of fat people and yet we are still debating whether or not the food we eat is bad for us.

If all the food was bad, then everybody would be fat...

it means the US will be "recommended" by the WHO to sell fake eggs.

what fake eggs?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
how do you get a chicken to make a fake egg?..........
I will agree that things could become scarce in the nutritional value if you choose to live at MCD's or burger queen but If ya have at least half a brain you will survive. But hey if this is a weeding process, I am cool with that.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Starred and flagged!
I'm trying to get through all the gobbledygook, to see what this implementation really means!

From the official site;
UN

UN commission adopts safety guidelines for vitamin and food supplements

11 July 2005 – Labelling to stop consumers overdosing on vitamin and mineral food supplements and guidelines to minimize the emergence of potentially deadly drug-resistant microbes were among some 20 new and amended standards announced today by a United Nations commission that is the highest international body on food standards.
The UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the UN World Health Organization (WHO) said in a joint release that the Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC), a subsidiary of both agencies, adopted the recommendations at the end of a weeklong meeting in Rome attended by delegates from 120 countries.

Ummmmmm, I'm no expert, but what do vitamin and supplements have to do with drug-resistant microbes???

Are they saying that cows given hormones and antibiotics ARE SUPPLEMENTS???

The guidelines say people should be encouraged to select a balanced diet to get the sufficient amount of vitamins and minerals. Only in cases where food does not provide sufficient vitamins and minerals should supplements be used.

wow, they want to tell me I can't take too much vitamin C??? (cuz the green oranges they spray with gas SURELY have all the vitamin C I could need lol)

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Clearskies]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I must admit my friend, that it also shocks me that the final EU nail in the coffin of Codex Alimentarius is indeed being driven in on December 31st 2009.

Yes It was originated in 1966 as a previous poster pointed out. That means we had 43 years to object. Well think about the technology now and how you would have complained even 15 years ago. Letter to your local politician .. I don't think so !

I know there are people who are just waking up but ... quote ...

" I as well have heard of it and just the other day was taking notice that their gonna try and start this at the end of the month " ...

Start this at the end of the month... wtf ?? ...

and another quote ... " Something I thought of, if that it's not really possible to remove nutrients that are inherently in foods. Perhaps, for example, by reducing the amount of vitamin C in food, they're reducing the amount that is added. If that's the case, just eat more oranges and drink more orange juice. "

Hello .. Our (western) diet has, over the last 50- 100 years been depleted more and more in nutrients and vitamins. So basically when you eat your meat and veg, don't think for even one second that you are getting your RDA of vitamins and minerals.

Next week (as of 31/12/09) the problems get even worse, because all those folks who sort of knew this and were taking vitamin/mineral supplements are now going to find that their 'tabs' are just as nutritional as powdered cardboard, courtesy of codex.

Another problem which the good folks of ireland don't seem to realise is that, under codex, every single meat product entering ireland will be irradiated !! So much for safe food produce.

I notice many of the posts mention, that they have only noticed this the other day or that this is only going to happen next week or .. whatever ..

This is exactly how TPTB work, this plan has been in action for 43 three years, the MSM never ever mentioned the content or consequences of Codex. I have no doubt that in 1966, If you or I had said that our governments were going to make all of our diets so lacking in vitamins and minerals that we are all going to die off slowley, then you would have said ... hey relax man .. the war is over ?

This is possibly the same as the vaccine situation at the moment. 26/12/09. i.e . .. . saying ... Oh there is no pandemic oh there is no problem with the vaccine. But how will it look in 43 years.. Chinese proverb .. softly softly cathy monkey.

Can ye not see that TPTB do not do things over night !!!

@ rexusdiablos
Thanks for posting the thread and I hear where you are coming from.
I have tried over the years to alert my friends and others about this but I was always wasting my time :-(

Take care and I hope you can find the vitamins and minerals you need from nature, because believe me, they are all around you. (But you already know that)

Honour on the land
All Truth Soon

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Didn't you hear about the melamine added to chinese milk to 'bulk up' the product
China news

In 2008, food and product safety issues that had been smoldering in China finally erupted in a rash of scandals, most having to do with melamine-tainting in food products such as milk, eggs, ammonium bicarbonate, protein powder, and animal feed, but also including food poisoned with pesticides, a maggot outbreak in oranges, hazardous toys, and toxic furniture.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I got all excited about this a while back and tried reading the codex to see what was really there. Like most UN documents its a mess and virtually impossible to understand what is really going on.
I do however live in the EU so perhaps I will be able to provide some answers soon if anything actually changes here.
As it stands right now various supplements and vitamins are readily available. The vast majority of the food I consume (and most of my neighbors) comes from places like farmers markets, so real food not processed stuff. Very little of the food is imported and as far as I can tell reading the codex most of the rules are applied to imported food.
I do occasionally shop for stuff at a supermarket (I get weak for things like soy sauce and peanut butter) so I figure thats the place I will changes first.

Real food, locally produced should protect you from whatever comes of this.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chett
I got all excited about this a while back and tried reading the codex to see what was really there. Like most UN documents its a mess and virtually impossible to understand what is really going on.

EXACTLY the problem I'm having!

I do occasionally shop for stuff at a supermarket (I get weak for things like soy sauce and peanut butter)

Don't buy chinese soy sauce;

ChinadigitalTimes

In the recent past, there have been many food safety issues in China. 2004 was a scandalous year for tainted foods in China: a counterfeit milk powder resulted in over 60 infant deaths; noodles tainted with lead; vegetables pickled with pesticides and industrial-grade salt; counterfeit alcohol resulted in four deaths by alcohol poisoning; and soy sauces discovered to be made from human hair.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Additives and supplements is pretty much all the nutrients people are getting now a day!

Unless you have your own goat, your own chickens, grow your own vegetables or pay outrageous prises for "organic" food at the health food store you are eating processed food.

Is this really that hard to understand?...

I understand.

However...There is no evidence that they are removing nutrients from fresh fruits and vegetables. Nor is there any evidence that they are removing nutrients from fresh meats. These are readily available in average food markets. The Codex Alimentarius will not remove nutrients from these foods.

As I said, non-processed foods will continue to have the same nutrients as they do now. The Codex Alimentarius will NOT change that on December 31st.

I personally don't eat that many processed foods (foods with additives and supplements). I eat mostly foods from the produce section and a few from the butcher section. And -- by the way -- that's cheaper than buying processed foods.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Interesting. I am aware of Codex Alimentarius and have been following the work of "Ian R Crane" and of course searching the net for documents. Although the Codex Alimentarius Commission was created in 1963. I have a few on my other documents on my other hard drive. I will try and find them and link them tomorrow if I get the time.

In the mean time, check all these government documents regarding Codex Alimentarius. These are found on websites with the official *.gov domain:

1) Speaks of fruit concentration changes on December 31st 2009: (Click here).

2) Here is the Codex Alimentarius Commisson. This is also a government document, PDF file type.

3) Here is the Federal Register: (Vol. 74, No. 211 / Tuesday, November 3, 2009 / Notices).

4) Here is the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Pint (HACCP) System and Guidelines for it's application.. CAC/RCP 1-1969, Rev. 4-2003.

5) Here is one personally for the OP (fellow Irish man), from agriculture.gov.ie. If you want to know who to talk to in Ireland regarding Codex Alimentarius, do what Jesse Ventura does; follow the money.

DAFF also gave €250,000 towards the implementation of the International Treaty for Plant Genetic Resources for Agriculture
and Food and €215,893 towards the Codex Alimentarius Trust Fund

Annual Review and Outlook for Agriculture , Fisheries and Food (2008).

Enjoy

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join