It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELLO? Codex Alimentarius? This December 31st people!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
reply to post by dereks

I agree...I looked at some of this so called documentation and it is all about supplements...PILLS! not food

So let's ask together...can someone here please show where you get the actual documentation. Don't give me another link about what Joe Blow thinks...I want to see the actual paperwork where people first got the idea that Codex is going to kill us all.

The problem is this whole thing started because of some documentation and yet I haven't seen the official words that people seem to be worrying about

I have however seen alot of what people THINK the Codex is saying and thus far all I see is that the Codex deals with supplements...if that is the case then what are you worried about? They might mess with pills but the last I checked pills do not equal food

...waiting patiently

-Kyo

Now now now please tell me you don't expect some links to real documented proof do you
Paranoia doesn't work like that. You get links to what a.n.other paranoid person said on a.n.other conspiracy site and misquoted cherry picked "proof".

You to admit though that this is one of those times when the paranoid sheep can be shown to be just that. There is not one shred of evidence to support their claims.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

Well see the thing is I am ready to believe anything that is proven to me. All I have found on this subject is about supplements but they want us to believe labelling supplements properly equates to control our food

I am totally with ya my friend

Here is the thing...in pure form I will try to explain it

You folks are paranoid that the Codex will eliminate or reduce vitamins in food and thus populations will suffer. Ok I get it...I understand your charge.

Then you explain that 'well you won't find proof because nobody is going to come out and flat out say they are trying to kill us"

Ok that's fair...I can handle that

The problem lies in where this whole charge was invented...you show us he proof of people and websites discussing it yet where is the link to the material THEY are reading and so concerned about? Show us that and then this will be a more intelligent debate

We can't accept a person potentially misreading a document as proof

-Kyo

[edit on 28-12-2009 by KyoZero]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by logicalview
The dreaded TOXIN VITAMIN C

Ban it immediately!!!!!!!!!!!

funny cuz in your own link it shows the nasty things V/C can do in high amounts

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

reply to post by dereks

So let's ask together...can someone here please show where you get the actual documentation. Don't give me another link about what Joe Blow thinks...I want to see the actual paperwork where people first got the idea that Codex is going to kill us all.

Codex Alimentarius

official standards

Understanding Codex (pdf)

thanks for asking.
hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by xSeraphim
Someone should ask a nutritionist because they should know everything about this.

i'm a registered nurse and also i know about nutrition from personal study and i didn't see anything, at all, wrong with what i looked at in the Codex. i didn't read every single standard but enough to know. and it's OK - they're just trying to do all they think they should toward increasing the quality of food for people around the world.

the starvation and hunger in this world (this world, third world, etc) is due to (mainly) to STINGINESS and can be resolved (largely) by SHARING.

and, as usual, the men in suits think that writing some standards or doing studies is the answer

which of course it is NOT

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

thank you so much!

I will read through later. I was a former paramedic and know a bit about dieting as well

Thanks so much

also...yes sharing is caring

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by The Great White Hunter

IN the midst of the apparent foolishness of this post, I detect a really strong intelligence.

Interesting.

Don't worry - not because evil wishes you to not worry so they can overcome you, but rather because it is true -- They will not succeed.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
IMHO, over-vigilance is absolutely fine. I have no problems with people being over-vigilant, it helps to keep people informed in case action has to be taken. For example over-vigilance with climate issues allows people to take action before the climate heats up substantially enough to cause danger to the inhabitants of this lonely planet.

In this case, are vitamin supplements going to disappear from the supermarkets? Probably not.

Will foods be stripped of nutritional, causing a huge expense to food manufacturer multinationals? Probably not.

Will the amounts of vitamins and minerals be subjected to control? Probably.

Is this an issue worth petitions, pressure groups and marches? Probably not.

However, I like the testicular fortitude of the OP and give you a S&F for alerting the ATS public.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This is not so much about 'food' specifically, but is about controling choices and alternatives for health. In other words, giving even more control and power to Big Pharma.

Not good, not good at all.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
From what I understand of this codex alimentarius and how it fits in with what many are saying will be the formation of a new world government, with less vitamin c & other nutrients our bodies need, more people would die off thus this Codex will be a form of population control.
We need to resort to the old ways and get our vitamins the old way thru fruits & vegetables.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rexpop

Could you verify which page(s) in this document refer to the reduction of nurtrients and vitamins in our food? Thankyou for the link!

[edit on 28-12-2009 by Paradox.]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heronumber0
IMHO, over-vigilance is absolutely fine. I have no problems with people being over-vigilant, it helps to keep people informed in case action has to be taken. For example over-vigilance with climate issues allows people to take action before the climate heats up substantially enough to cause danger to the inhabitants of this lonely planet.

In this case, are vitamin supplements going to disappear from the supermarkets? Probably not.

Will foods be stripped of nutritional, causing a huge expense to food manufacturer multinationals? Probably not.

Will the amounts of vitamins and minerals be subjected to control? Probably.

Is this an issue worth petitions, pressure groups and marches? Probably not.

However, I like the testicular fortitude of the OP and give you a S&F for alerting the ATS public.

Yes and then it causes mass panic the second it turns from a cute word like over-vigilance into and ugly word like panic or terror

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
all food going into america and out will be irradiated.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevenbanksjr
all food going into america and out will be irradiated.

Please show where that is stated in the Codex....

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
See derek that is the problem I have...I cannot find anywhere these claims are substantiated

I know you probably sound annoying when you keep asking but I am interested in your questions as well

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
Start Growing your own foods. And be careful where u get your seeds, because even seeds are being tampered with.

exactly. this is what happens when you do not take responsibility for yourself including producing your own food. people are willing to shed their responsibility and allow someone else to provide for them but complain when it does not meet their standard. bottom line.....take care of yourself. they can bring this on all they want....your average joe is the only one that thinks that 60mg of vitamin C is sufficient just because it meets 100% of the recommended daily amount. if you can...educate people on how bad the standard is but do not freak out because you have the power and knowledge to handle this.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Pacal Votan

Not only that, the WHO, Codex Alimentarius version I downloaded said that vitamins should ONLY BE used where fruits and vegetables were unavailable or where they were proven not to provide enough nutrients!
Also, how does 2,000 mg of vitamin C kill you, so that it has to be regulated so much?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I've been doing some more reading on this and it appears that it's effect on food labeling will be huge.

Genetically altered food will be sold worldwide without labeling. Without a lot of time and research, it will be very difficult to find out how the food you're buying has been grown

I'd also like to hear from someone who is in favor of this codex and how you see the good outweighing the potential for harm.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by shasta9600
I've been doing some more reading on this and it appears that it's effect on food labeling will be huge.

Genetically altered food will be sold worldwide without labeling. Without a lot of time and research, it will be very difficult to find out how the food you're buying has been grown

I'd also like to hear from someone who is in favor of this codex and how you see the good outweighing the potential for harm.

How??

It's like...you could label food 'poo' but that won't stop some from eating it

and where exactly are you getting from the codex that we're all doomed?

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by shasta9600

How??

It's like...you could label food 'poo' but that won't stop some from eating it

and where exactly are you getting from the codex that we're all doomed?

-Kyo

All doomed? I don't know who said that. This seems to be just another one of the many steps to remove choice and freedom, to eventually control the masses. Doomed? No. Continuing the march towards a global government? Yes

My question stands. How is this codex going to be a good thing?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join