It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELLO? Codex Alimentarius? This December 31st people!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+73 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I’ll keep this direct: What on earth is going on with you guys and gals? Codex Alimentarius (VMG) is being passed this coming Thursday, December 31st and there’s next to zero activity on the subject matter on ATS or online.

Nutrients are about to be declared as toxins! The vitamins and minerals of the foods that you and I eat are about to be drastically reduced! The permissible level of Vitamin C, for example will be lower than what is requisite in preventing scurvy! Essentially we are about to be starved to death! Why are we not in a frenzied panic investigating this together? In contemporary terms, this is the biggest power grab by elitist population reduction advocates and it’s happening with a whisper rather than a bang.

WHY ISN’T THIS IMPORTANT TO YOU?

The last post on ATS is dated in July and only received two responses:
Link

The prisonpanet/infowars crew last covered Codex also in July:
Link

Most of us, I hope, should be familiar with what this is. For those in the dark, it’s the UN’s and WHO’s implementation of a series of rules and regulations affecting the global management of food that will result in the nutricidal deaths of some 3 billion people across the planet. Naturally occurring nutrients such as vitamins are to be restricted so that they can only be purchased by prescription as supplements manufactured pharmaceutically.

I have been road-blocked myself by the Irish Department of Health, time and time again. I’ve been referred interdepartmentally and internationally to get in touch the ‘relevant body’ but my attempts at contact have not been returned. I have been met with aversion and afforded as much respect as a paranoid lunatic at the very mentioning of the imposition of nutritional restrictions.

Is anyone familiar with what’s going on and does anyone care?

[edit on 26-12-2009 by rexusdiablos]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I've known about this for a while, from where i don't remember.

Start Growing your own foods. And be careful where u get your seeds, because even seeds are being tampered with.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Flagged, im hoping there is some at least who recognize this is pure madness, and stop it from going ahead.

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
an email I just recieved:

www.organicconsumers.org...
FICTION: Codex will go into global effect on December 31, 2009.

FACT: The authors of the above statement do not seem to be aware that Codex
already consists of around 300 official food standards, some of which have
been in global effect since as long ago as 1966.

If however the authors of the above statement are referring to the Codex
Guidelines for Vitamin and Mineral Food Supplements then they are in fact
confusing these with the European Union's Food Supplements Directive.

The Guidelines for Vitamin and Mineral Food Supplements were adopted by the
Codex Alimentarius Commission in July 2005, and provide a framework for the
development of global restrictions upon the manufacture and sale of dietary
supplements containing vitamins and minerals. However, the Guidelines have
not yet established the maximum levels of vitamins and minerals that can be
contained in supplements, and nor has there been any date set for the
adoption of these.

The European Union's Food Supplements Directive, on the other hand, will go
into full effect in Europe on December 31, 2009, but it is a piece of
European legislation and as such will primarily affect consumers living in
Europe. Moreover, the Directive has not yet set the maximum levels of
vitamins and minerals that can be contained in supplements sold in the
European Union, and nor has there been any date set for the adoption of
legislation to implement such levels.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

The permissible level of Vitamin C, for example will be lower than what is requisite in preventing scurvy!

Something I thought of, if that it's not really possible to remove nutrients that are inherently in foods. Perhaps, for example, by reducing the amount of vitamin C in food, they're reducing the amount that is added. If that's the case, just eat more oranges and drink more orange juice.

Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I as well have heard of it and just the other day was taking notice that their gonna try and start this at the end of the month but like you said no one has really been talking about it, and you would think with the supposed start date being the end of the moth this would be talked about, especially considering the magnitude of what they're planning to do.

I hope this isn't happening but and if it does this better be big and not fizzle out, if it happens I would imagine very large opposition.... I hope.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericanDaughter

Thanks for the clarification. As a European then, I'm still in the proverbial frying pan in terms of the VMG based on what you've posted.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

The permissible level of Vitamin C, for example will be lower than what is requisite in preventing scurvy!

Something I thought of, if that it's not really possible to remove nutrients that are inherently in foods. Perhaps, for example, by reducing the amount of vitamin C in food, they're reducing the amount that is added. If that's the case, just eat more oranges and drink more orange juice.

Just a thought.

I'm willing to bed they can genetically engineer fruits and vegetables to contain little to no nutrients. cough. monsanto. cough.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I've signed countless petitions.
But it seems the only way people are going to feel it is when it happens.
This is one of the most harmful things that can happen to us as a species -
It's the total takeover and control over what we know instinctively to be good for us.
Control over our own free will to choose our method of health
and nutrition for our own bodies -
It is corrupt to the core.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
S+F! More people need to be aware of this, if it is in fact true. Also, I am not familiar with the phrase "Codex Alimentarius." So if you or somebody else would mind explaining this to me, it would be greatly appreciated.

This is very scary! Especially because this is a perfect way to initiate a means of population control without the majority of the population ever knowing anything about it.

I was just talking to a few of my friends about the horrors of eating "western" processed foods. It seems as if everybody that is dying these days, is dying from some form of cancer. And I particularly believe that our diets play a very, very large role in this. Especially with all the crap that is in fast foods and everything. This thread in particular is a great example: Pizza Hut cheese is not just cheese, its silicone!

Its hard to eat healthy as well, mostly because healthy unprocessed food is far more expensive than cheap microwavables, and not as readily available... At least for me as a poor college student.
Great find tho OP, I will certainly be following this thread very closely.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I [snip]ing care! This is horrendous.

Trouble is I thought it was still on the drawing board. when I was at Glastonbury symposium this year Ian R Crane talked about the codex but failed to convey any sense of urgency about trying to defeat its implimentation

People have no idea of the life altering powers this will give to TPTB. Too few people seem to be able to understand thel ABSOLUTELY DIRE consequences of the Codex. Perhaps it's as simple as it's title. Who wants to read about something called a codex Alimentarious.

Anyway, thanks OP I'd never had known it was imminent. I'll be stocking up on all th evitamins and supplements I can tomorrow.

S and [snip] F

[edit on 26-12-2009 by spookfish]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If you want to read the report of the 32nd Session of the Codex Alimentarius Commission (the most recent published), you can do so here: 66.102.9.132...:ftp.fao.org...

The link on the Codex Alimentarius website is broken, so that's just a Google cache, which might explain that the list of contents of the text bares no resemblance to the actual contents, and shed no further light on what the Commission is hoping to implement. Still, the last half of the text is dedicated to listing the national delegates to the CAC, so now we can contact the relevant individual in our own countries to ask for clarification.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
also scott tipps is a big name exposing codex and another scientist part lawyer fighting codex is dr robert verkerk

here is a great debate from edge media with duoanne alexander and verkerk you should definately watch

www.youtube.com...

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm puzzled. I went to the official site (has anybody else?) and noted that there are hundreds of standards ALREADY implemented and have been so for over 20 years.

Why are we still here? Why hasn't the world starved before now?

I smell ATS paranoia.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by spookfish
Too few people seem to be able to understand thel ABSOLUTELY DIRE consequences of the Codex.

So exactly what are the so called "dire consequences", and why do you think they will effect you and others?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by spookfish
Too few people seem to be able to understand thel ABSOLUTELY DIRE consequences of the Codex.

So exactly what are the so called "dire consequences", and why do you think they will effect you and others?

So, you honestly don't see a fundamental issue with having naturally occurring nutrients declared as toxins and thusly removed from our foodstuffs? It's common sense. No-one should have to elucidate this for you any further.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
I'm puzzled. I went to the official site (has anybody else?) and noted that there are hundreds of standards ALREADY implemented and have been so for over 20 years.

Why are we still here? Why hasn't the world starved before now?

I smell ATS paranoia.

I agree, don't know about the paranoia.

I'm sure this has been slowly going on for the last 20 years, like fastfood, 90% of the crap that is sold in grocery stores, drinks in general, all have BS ingrediants in them, Monsanto, etc.. and people haven't exactly been getting healthier from the food that is sold to us, unless you can consistantly afford the organic stuff, which still isn't guranteed, and then you can grow your own food, which my uncle does, dudes got a green thumb for sure but he was telling me about the seed he buys and how some of it's only good for ONE season and the seed was modified to do this.... so begs the question if they can do that, would it be that hard to kind of loose those good ol' necessary vitamins?...

Is this possibly the straw that breaks the camel's back for all food?

Not sure exactly what will happen at the end of the year but it all seems not great.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexusdiablos
So, you honestly don't see a fundamental issue with having naturally occurring nutrients declared as toxins and thusly removed from our foodstuffs?

Except that is not going to happen, why do you think it is?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
list of Codex official standards:

www.codexalimentarius.net...

List of all codex reports:

Here is the Codex Standard Table for Vitamin C--Ascorbic Acid:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

WHY ISN’T THIS IMPORTANT TO YOU?

Meh...

I guess I don't see this as much of an issue. If we keep going down this road, we won't be able to afford food at all. So it is irrelevant whether it is nutritious or not.

Buy seeds now, grow your own food.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join