It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] The safe deposit box contents.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
(game on)

Well... the content of the safe deposit box was alarming to say the least.

The content was one ZIP disk (100mb), one odd letter, and one post-it note.

Here is the letter:

My feeling is that I should know more and that I'm getting this information before some other important pieces are known.

Just a few minutes ago, Skeptic and I finished figuring out the batch file. It was written for a CPanel restore (our server used to use CPanel, but SO's machine doesn't). All the files are there, but there is some kind of run-time decryption embedded in them, so we can't see the content.

But, nothing has changed. It's still just the black screen with a simple form field.

The postit note was stuck way in the back of the box. It had one word written on it, "history". It seemed older than the note, as the paper was brittle and the sticky-stuff wasn't sticky any more (after I pulled it off). I got the feeling the postit was left behind from the last time the box was used, and not part of the ZIP disk and letter.

That's all there is. I'm more that a little concerned as it appears I should know more than I do.

I'm sorry this wasn't the gigantic revelation you were all hoping for.

(game off)

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
YAY! new hint! ownz!!!

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Why is there serious trouble when the hour of celebration is so near? There are two distinct tones in the content of this letter.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Type "history" in deep access, and click on "g".

here is what you get:

begin history dump...

Hey unc. this is what I've finally put together as the early history as we know it. I'm sure some pieces are missing but we'll run with this for now as it seem accurate and jives with the oration from old 9. If you want a detailed analysis of all the old scrolls, it's going to take much much longer as I don't have all the equipment and assistance I need, and we want to keep this quiet, right?

-3-

2200BC

After being looted, rings A, B, C find their way into the hands of Sargon the Great and into his great treasure vaults. Ring D is sold to a trader, and disappears into the collapse of the Egyptian Old Kingdom.

Rings A B C were only held by Sargons line for 50 years until the Akkadian Kingdom was overrun by the Gutians, who held the rings briefly until they were destroyed by the renewed Sumerians.

In 1950BC the Sumerians were overrun with startling rapidity by the Amorites. Rings A and B were transported to the new Elamite capital of Babylon, where they later became Hammurabi's favourite posessions around 1850BC.

Ring C was smuggled out by a Sumerian priest and ended up in a small temple along the Euphrates river between Uruk and Ur.

Meanwhile, ring D had found its way into the hands of the Egyptian Pharaohs of the 12th Dynasty. It was to stay in the hands of the Pharaohs for hundreds of years.

In 1593BC, Babylon is destroyed by the Hittites who then withdraw. Ring A is captured by a Hittite General, ring B is saved by a fleeing Babylonian soldier and taken to Damascus, only to be stolen in 1525BC by the Hyksos during their retreat after being expelled from Egypt by Thutmose I. The ring is sold and ends up in the hands of a Syrian Nobleman.

1500 BC: A - City of Hattusha, Hitti (Modern day Turkey)
B - Damascus, Syria
C - Temple on the Euphrates
D - Memphis, Egypt

This remains the status quo for another 3 centuries, the origins of the rings are long forgotten.

In 1200BC the Hittite civilization finally collapses after increasing raids from the sea people on one side and Central Asian tribespeople on the other. Ring A is looted by the Sea People and eventually ends up in the hands of the Philistines 25 years later. The Philistine leader begins to suspect there is more to the ring than meets the eye. Rumors of there being other rings begin to circulate throughout the Philistine kingdom.

Ring A is later looted by the Israelites after their conquest of the Philistines. Bible reference, 1 Samuel 17:53. To then fall into the hands of David and later his son Solomon. Ring A is now under Hebrew control. Ring B also falls into the hands of the Israelites after Damascus is conquered by the Armies of David. Bible again, 2 Samuel 8:5, 8:6.

Ring D is stolen by the Nubian invaders of Egypt in 730BC, However the Nubians adapt quickly to Egyptian culture and the Nubian king Piankhi starts the 25th Dynasty. The ring remains a favourite of the King.

Assyria overruns Israel in 721BC, and begins the long march to Conquering Egypt in 676BC. During the fall of Israel rings A B escaped with fleeing Israelites and are eventually traded into Greece.

675BC ring D is captured by the Assyrians during their conquest of Egypt. The ring is taken back to Niveneh after Egypt expels the Assyrians 20 years later.

After a rest of 14 centuries, Ring C is looted from its temple home by the invading Chaldeans. The Chaldeans later form an alliance with the Medes and destroy Assyria. Ring D is taken by the Chaldeans during the sack of the Assyrian capital Niveneh. The Chaldeans take the rings back to Babylon and the old rumours begin to circulate of the existence of the other rings. The priests of Babylon take control of the rings and claim they are relics of their gods, due to the Sumerian writing inside.

Rings A B are still around in Greece, at one stage they are in the Possession of Thales of Miletus. Later in the Possession of Pythagorus in 550BC. Around 510BC an uprising in Greece brings about a kind of Democracy. The Rings end up in the possession of Heraclitus.

500BC A - Athens, Greece
B - Athens, Greece
C - Babylon
D - Babylon

499BC King Cyrus of Persia (now in control of Babylon) takes an interest in the Rings, he too suspects they are not the only ones in existence.

Rings A B were removed from Athens by Heraclitus and taken to his home in Ephesus. Saving them from the fall of Athens in 480BC when a Persian army led by Xerxes overruns the greek opposition.

470BC When Heraclitus dies, he passes the rings onto a young Herodotus, along with his suspicions that there are 2 more out there.

440BC Herodotus travels cover most of the Ancient world, he is the first person to write history as a factual linear series of events. Previously history was generally recorded in poems by priests, who had a tendency to be over subjective and give their gods responsibility for all events.

431BC A series of wars between rival Greek city-states begins and goes for 25 years. Herodotus begins to create a small group of thinkers to ponder the reasons for the rings, and to protect them.

399BC A-team member Socrates is condemned to death, instead of fleeing he chooses to take the Hemlock himself. Keeping the secret of the rings safe.

396BC Antisthenes is also an A-team member, he begins the Cynical school of thought. Fed up with the way of the world as he sees it.

325BC Alexander the Great crushes the Persian Empire and takes control of Babylon. Rings C D are given to his son Alexander IV in 322BC

311BC Alexander IV is killed, former bodgyguard of Alexander the great, Ptolemy, has stolen rings C D and escapes to Egypt with them. There he declares himself the King of Egypt.

201BC The A-team moves Rings A B to Rome after Rome defeats Carthage in the second war between the two. Rome is well on the way to becoming the most powerful empire the world has ever seen.

29BC Egypt is now a Roman state, Cleopatra has been in posession on C D. After the death of Anthony and Cleopatra, Ring C is stolen by a Roman General and goes with him to Judea. He then gives it as a gift to his wife.

Ring D is given as a gift to the Roman Emperor Octavian. Who will later become Augustus Ceasar.

0BC
A - Rome (A-team)
B - Rome (A-team)
C - Judea (Roman Wife)
D - Rome (Augustus Ceasar)

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Gosh, that was Transcendent.

What is there to learn from those ancient histories and movements, and are their lineages and repetitive patterns that need to be tracked?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Ok... this is wat we need to know... are these items actually real... i mean are the rings we are looking for, are actually ancient artifacts... or are they "real" just for the purpose of the game... because if they are actually real... then it would be a lot easier to find them... museums etc... roman artifacts...

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
could the "A-team" be the "hammurabian" line...?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Ok, The history document seems pretty much historically accruate....so what we have is an account of the rings locations tracked up to 0BC...this is still 2,003 years ago....i imagine they've been a lot more places since then...

the note is a little hinky....anyone notices tha funny o's?...possible signifigance?...or maybe just a very crap typewriter?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I think the o's have a significance, because the 'o' in simon is not higher than the rest. Maybe it's some sort of code.

The 'o' in one of the 'to's is not high either.

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by amantine]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I think there are more files in deep access, but I don't know what to type...

anyway, I thought about the o's too, but I don't think it's something important. I could be wrong though.

edit: yes... I think I'm wrong : )

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by Transc3ndent]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus
....anyone notices tha funny o's?...possible signifigance?...or maybe just a very crap typewriter?

I noticed it to but if you look at the top of the note where it says "simon", the o is in line with it, so I am thinking it may be something else. Almost looks like the letter itself was written with the o's being is superscript. Can anyone confirm this?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
if i counted right their are 46 o in the letter. THe one in simon isnt higher tho. Wonder what the signifigance of this is. IT reminds me a brady bunch episode where they had to find the type write that dropped a certain letter lol

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Also so simon was sayin they have not been able to upload teh original deep.access.ats.com yet. Hmmmm interesting. Cmon WIlliam you can do it!

ONe more thing. We know know what the subdomain is actually for. IT is for finding the rings so the locations in deep.access. But if everything is there and simon must find teh rings what is the signifigance of the past opost just tellin everyone where to hide em

[Edited on 5^24^04 by Quicksilver]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I got 48 total o's minus the one in simon. Not sure what it means either....

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by usafairmen

Originally posted by Daedalus
....anyone notices tha funny o's?...possible signifigance?...or maybe just a very crap typewriter?

I noticed it to but if you look at the top of the note where it says "simon", the o is in line with it, so I am thinking it may be something else. Almost looks like the letter itself was written with the o's being is superscript. Can anyone confirm this?

i'd confirm if i knew what tha hell superscript is....i'll admit i'm no professional cryptographer...

anyways, i count 45 raised o's....any signifigance in tha number 45?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
(game on)

Well... the content of the safe deposit box was alarming to say the least.

The content was one ZIP disk (100mb), one odd letter, and one post-it note.

Here is the letter:

My feeling is that I should know more and that I'm getting this information before some other important pieces are known.

Just a few minutes ago, Skeptic and I finished figuring out the batch file. It was written for a CPanel restore (our server used to use CPanel, but SO's machine doesn't). All the files are there, but there is some kind of run-time decryption embedded in them, so we can't see the content.

But, nothing has changed. It's still just the black screen with a simple form field.

The postit note was stuck way in the back of the box. It had one word written on it, "history". It seemed older than the note, as the paper was brittle and the sticky-stuff wasn't sticky any more (after I pulled it off). I got the feeling the postit was left behind from the last time the box was used, and not part of the ZIP disk and letter.

That's all there is. I'm more that a little concerned as it appears I should know more than I do.

I'm sorry this wasn't the gigantic revelation you were all hoping for.

(game off)

Just posting this for reference if simon edits his post liek teh strange email post lol. Its not that i dont trust ya simon its just a vicious game

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Superscript is a font option like subscript in word processing... I would do it myself but I can't get my microsoft to open up.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
well ill recount. But try your numbers as post numbers and see if anything comes up that way.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Something interesting about Augustus and a ring:

I suspect that Augustus would have gloated over the frustration of twentieth- century scholars, still at pains to understand his enigmatic personality, and finding him 'puzzling, elusive, baffling and inscrutable��like the Sphinx engraved upon his signet ring.
(source)

At first he clearly understood his loyal friend Agrippa to be his obvious successor. And, when he believed himself to lay dying in 23 BC, it was indeed Agrippa he handed his signet ring to.

(source)

Maybe Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa was the next to have the ring?

BTW, I count 48 superscript o's and 2 normal o's.

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by amantine]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Check out the title of thread 2: Above Top Secret 3.0 � Moderators Only � Trash Bin � urgent 0,1,3,4

Interesting...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join