It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York New Years Eve Times Corner Terror Attack?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
New York New Years Eve Times Corner Terror Attack?

Were the two failed terror attacks aimed at Detroit, merely the probing, of Al-Qaeda or was it for America to turn and look in another direction? With New Years Eve approaching, a horrific disgusting homicidal attack in Times Square would get the attention that Al-Qaeda desires. May be it’s time to start profiling to arrest this Jihad.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Doesn’t really seem plausible to me I mean why would they do a bunch of little attacks leading up to the big one on new year’s eve and lose the element of surprise.

America right now will be on high alert surely and this just makes it more difficult for those terrorists to do what they want.

Albeit it could happen but personally I think the odds are just the same as any other day maybe even worse because like I said security would be high and the element of surprise is already gone because of what happened in Detroit.

Anyway lets kinda hope that this doesnt happen atall

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I agree, and I pray you are correct. However, it wouldn't be the first time reverse psychology was used in war.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

More rubbish just ignore.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

That’s fair enough but looking from their point of view "the terrorists" it doesn’t seem like a good plan to me I mean look what they are doing, blowing up bombs right well surely they would do anything not to be caught alive (like the guy in Detroit today) so an attack right after another failed attempt on such a public event where security will definitely be huge doesn’t seem plausible to me.

I do also pray that it doesn’t happen.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Gee a 1 line post. Why such a weak attempt to discredit? Or is it a weak mind with nothing to say?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
O-GOD, that would be the time and place to do something like that if you are mass murders such as terrorists are. Just about everybody watches times square on TV at 12am. You know, I think "Ripley" said it best.

"Lets take off and nuke them from orbit, that's the only way to be sure"

Well, lets hope not, that would suck.

O and Andy1033, thank you for your wonderful input

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Makes no sense at all. This wouldnt even count as reverse psychology, it would actually be how Al qeada tends to behave. Do some reading up on the subject and you'll find there attacks usually come in waves, it's just that theyr rarely successful.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by mosesgunner]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Every Year paranoid sensationalist say "The terrorist" will attack NYC on New Year's Eve ..

.. And every single year .. well .. you know .. FAILED PREDICTION ..

I am going to use the "Weather Man" Method and predict .. NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN ..

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Polynomial C]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

Don't forget about the millennium bombers, they were prevented from executing it.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It seems to me there was a post on this last year about this time. I actually took the time to watch Times Square on New Years via webcams. The post had me thinking it was possible. But guess what? Nada,Zilch, nothing happened but it was interesting ,watching the people and cops live on cam. Never know what you might see.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

You know something about reverse psychology do you? Then please educate us on why this is not reverse psychology?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C
Every Year paranoid sensationalist say "The terrorist" will attack NYC on New Year's Eve ..

I am going to use the "Weather Man" Method and predict .. NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN ..

Yep nothing will happen

Just like nothing happened on new years eve 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005....

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

its ignorant to say that, it only has to happen once... however, times square is always high on security and es it would be a great target to maximize casualties and what not, im not saying they couldnt do it but to me it seems an obvious target...

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

explain to me how it is/ You honestly think people are going to feel safer in a massive crowded calibration because terrorist are only attacking planes? So Madrid happened because every one was focused on planes, but the sept NY subway attempt was not successful because Madrid happened. I also explained the way al queda plans its attacks.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Yeah, well I mentioned this also and seems the white van is being looked into.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C

AQ doens't have plans to attack until 2010-2013.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This seems simple to me. Even if there were a plan put into action, the fact that every year the awareness level is raised high and extra security is put in place would seem to ensure nothing WILL happen. Personally, I would think the safest area to be in would be one heavily secured and scrutinized. in these cases, any "paranoia" seems a good thing.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjcord
This seems simple to me. Even if there were a plan put into action, the fact that every year the awareness level is raised high and extra security is put in place would seem to ensure nothing WILL happen. Personally, I would think the safest area to be in would be one heavily secured and scrutinized. in these cases, any "paranoia" seems a good thing.
Guess that depends on who's point of view you are looking at it from.
If there is determination, and that has been proven, then there is no stopping a plan that is in action. The important thing is to be aware of the pattern of the enemy.

top topics

join