It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lufthansa flight rerouted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Lufthansa flight to Detroit, rerouted to land in Iceland. It is believed that a passanger stayed behind, and left luggage on board the Jet liner.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
do you have any links?
I cant find anything about it,

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Here is a link

It's interesting to me that the German media hasn't picked this up yet.

Apparently suspicious luggage is thought to be on board and that's why it was grounded in Iceland. Not so much that a passenger "left" their bags on-board.

ETA:

LONDON - A Lufthansa flight bound for Detroit has made an unscheduled stop in Iceland after suspicious bags were found onboard.

Fridthor Eydal, spokesman for Iceland's Keflavik International Airport, says the incident is not believed to be connected to the attempted terrorist attack on Northwest Airlines Flight 253.

He says the pilot stopped in Iceland on Saturday afternoon to have the luggage onboard checked, after he was notified that the passenger who owns the bags stayed behind in Germany.

Eydal says there was no danger to the passengers and the plane is now on its way to Detroit. The flight originated in Frankfurt.

- AP

[edit on 12/26/2009 by octotom]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I think that's a fairly routine thing in this day in age, that's probably only a newsworthy item because of that other incident where thw guy set off that firecracker bomb thing.

Someones probably lost their job over it by letting the aircraft go with the extra bags, that's not allowed any more, but it must happen all the time cos how else would your luggage end up in another country to you??

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

"firecracker bomb thing"
That "bomb thing" caused third degree burns to the crotch (no more virgins for him:lol
and legs of the terrorist. If it would have succeded, it would have crashed the jet into Detroit causing a horrible loss of life!

top topics

join