It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gospel of the birth of Mary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I am creating a series on non canonical books throughout ats. Fallowing my reading to let people know what's up with the word of the bible thats not in the bible. I will let people discuss and judge themselves; why weren't these books conisder into the bible we know today? Try to have some insight before answering the question of the past. Let the ats be the council

Your Source
My Source

THE blessed and ever glorious
Virgin Mary, sprung from
the royal race and family of David,
was born in the city of Nazareth,
and educated at Jerusalem, in the
temple of the Lord.

This confirms that Mary was from the line of David which indeed proves that Christ was the promise of the Levi linage.

Levi linage: A line of great prophets, Aaron, Moses, Joshua, David.

Who, when he saw Joachim
along with the rest of his
neighbours, bringing his offerings,
despised both him and his offerings,
and asked him,

Why he, who had no children,
would presume to appear among
those who had? Adding, that his
offerings could never be acceptable
to God, who was judged by him
unworthy to have children; the
Scripture having said, Cursed is
every one who shall not beget a
male in Israel.

It's interesting to note that the start of the family has been accused with great burden of those who live in righteousness. Many counterpoints of this could be attribute to God's test or the test of man alone.

For the first mother of your
nation, Sarah, was she not barren
even till her eightieth year: and
yet even in the end of her old age
brought forth Isaac, in whom the
promise was made of a blessing to
all nations.

Rachel, also, so much in
favour with God, and beloved so
much by holy Jacob, continued
barren for a long time, yet
afterwards was the mother of Joseph,
who was not only governor of
Egypt, but delivered many nations
from perishing with hunger.

An attempt to claim equality between genders. This is indeed what it is ment. Although many have seen this as a travesty. More so with the Catholic church. No greater power in the universe than a women creating in the womb.

Mary ministered unto by angels.
The high priest orders all virgins of fourteen
years old to quit the temple and endeavour to be married.
Mary refuses,
having vowed her virginity to the Lord.
The high-priest commands a meeting of the chief persons
of Jerusalem,
who seek the Lord for counsel in the matter.
A voice from the mercy-seat.
The high-priest obeys it by ordering all the unmarried
men of the house of David to bring their rods to the altar,
that his rod which should flower, and on which the
Spirit of God should sit, should betroth the Virgin.

A great test of God. It seems that everyone was tested among there "purity" or love of God during that time. What are the odds of this to happen? really think about it. Mary was about 13-15 when she conceived Jesus. She later kept her virginity.

Also in the book is Joseph stressing out due to the circumstance. This echos throughout other books

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Jordan River]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Shouldn't we at least know why these books were left out in the first place? According to the early Church their decision was based on three criteria.

1) The book must have apostolic authority. They must have been written by either the apostles themselves or by associates of the apostles who were eyewitnesses.

2) was the rule of faith.the document had to be congruent with the basic Christian tradition that the church reconized as normal.

3) The document had to be continuously accepted and used by the Church at large.

I wonder why some Bibles contain the Apocrypha and some do not? I guess it depends on if your Catholic or not. Go figure.

As for the GOM, I cant find anything (so far) that I would put to the curb. Let me study it though.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by Jordan River

I wonder why some Bibles contain the Apocrypha and some do not? I guess it depends on if your Catholic or not. Go figure.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by oliveoil]

I can answer this one. Martin Luther carried out like 95 these on the atrocities of the catholic faith. One claiming that praying to the dead and giving alms to the church would get someone out of purgatory. This is what the catholics were saying *raised catholic here*. About some odd years later the apocrypha such as maccabee, baruch etc etc were produced. I did an entire essay on it too.

p.s. thx for structing my thread more.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Jordan River]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
What about the line in Matthew, which includes the line of Joseph?

Mary was not a virgin, it has to be a misunderstanding.

John 3

5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

The Virgin birth is the birth of spirit. Of which is the birth from the father. The father who there is no equal to, thus no mate and is thus a virgin. It is also from this same virgin that all must experience. The birth of the soul/spirit is the virgin birth.

Jesus denies Mary is his mother at one point. He only talks about the one father. This he does because he has been born of spirit, and thus he knows who the true father is. By that point, he was seeing himself as spirit, rather than just flesh.

The flesh was born of Joesph and Mary. The spirit is born of the virgin - the father. Who again, is the virgin that all must be born of.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The Temple of the Jews at the time was under the influence of what i could only describe as darkness... via Rome... the oppression and importance of women was waning, the time of witch burnings was dawning and it was almost a global effort...

The real sin of Christ in the eyes of the Temple as i see it was after bringing the capacity to worship in nature, allowing lepers and the sick and the rest of the good Christ did, he set his eyes on the freedom of women which was unacceptable...

To me of far greater significance is Mary Magdalene, who was to the best of my knowledge among the last of the female Jewish priestesses, which in the tie carried the Goddess tradition, few know this for fact but I assure you i can read Hebrew and Aramaic and truely The Jewish religion was NOT monotheistic as we would call it today but rather viewed the creator as a dualistic being with both a Feminine and masculine aspect.

Mary Magdalene perhaps called a "whore" being the same Mary Christ saved from stoning in text would have actually practiced a form of sex magic designed to bring healing to men...

Since Christ could not possibly have been considered a Rabbi or Saint without marriage, it seems then he chose a woman of a highly sexual nature in a time when women were soon to be butchered for simply knowing how to heal or holding any place of importance...

Christ...

Never ordered the building of a new Church, I am of the belief, he Intended for Women to rule the clergy not men.... had he have survived... There are many passages in the "missing texts" that refer to her as an Apostle not simply a consort of companion...

In Greece they chiseled her words from stone... and her records were for a long time erased and they show a philosophy more Eastern than Western in thought and it is FAR more in order with the behaviors of Christ, the Three wisemen from the East etc.... than the modern church is today

I would say very early on, before there was even something to call the Church, it had become a victim of the same rampant anti Female conspiracy/philosophy that was sweeping the Western world at the time...

In short, to me it all boils down to an appalling disregard to the spiritual connection and spiritual Capacities of women which were feared by men...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
The Temple of the Jews at the time was under the influence of what i could only describe as darkness... via Rome... the oppression and importance of women was waning, the time of witch burnings was dawning and it was almost a global effort...

The real sin of Christ in the eyes of the Temple as i see it was after bringing the capacity to worship in nature, allowing lepers and the sick and the rest of the good Christ did, he set his eyes on the freedom of women which was unacceptable...

To me of far greater significance is Mary Magdalene, who was to the best of my knowledge among the last of the female Jewish priestesses, which in the tie carried the Goddess tradition, few know this for fact but I assure you i can read Hebrew and Aramaic and truely The Jewish religion was NOT monotheistic as we would call it today but rather viewed the creator as a dualistic being with both a Feminine and masculine aspect.

Mary Magdalene perhaps called a "whore" being the same Mary Christ saved from stoning in text would have actually practiced a form of sex magic designed to bring healing to men...

Since Christ could not possibly have been considered a Rabbi or Saint without marriage, it seems then he chose a woman of a highly sexual nature in a time when women were soon to be butchered for simply knowing how to heal or holding any place of importance...

Christ...

Never ordered the building of a new Church, I am of the belief, he Intended for Women to rule the clergy not men.... had he have survived... There are many passages in the "missing texts" that refer to her as an Apostle not simply a consort of companion...

In Greece they chiseled her words from stone... and her records were for a long time erased and they show a philosophy more Eastern than Western in thought and it is FAR more in order with the behaviors of Christ, the Three wisemen from the East etc.... than the modern church is today

I would say very early on, before there was even something to call the Church, it had become a victim of the same rampant anti Female conspiracy/philosophy that was sweeping the Western world at the time...

In short, to me it all boils down to an appalling disregard to the spiritual connection and spiritual Capacities of women which were feared by men...

stunning. I find a connection on how I feel with what you have wrote. I too see this as well and balance though. I too feel that woman were changed in the gospels before the mass production started

top topics

join