It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers Steal South Korean War Plans- 700k troops?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Ok, let me chime in here.

As someone who makes their living off of hacking into stuff... this is par for the course. Most of the time, I leverage simple crap like open shares to gain all sorts of administrative access to the resources on the networks of my clients.

This is not something which would take a long time, nor is it a sophisticated trick... it's all about timing... being in the right place at the right time.

Now, as for the information which was disclosed... it's completely believable that this type of data was indeed being shared. It's also completely believable that there could be projects which leverage honeypot ideas to deliver incorrect information to prying eyes. There are indeed initiatives like that.

My gut is telling me that this is real information though, or at least until it was leaked. Now I'm sure folks are scrambling to change this in light of the fact that it was leaked so that others don't know their plans, only the previous ones.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
700k troops is perfect for fighting . . . just hope if it happens, we do not stay to police.

That is what kills us.

It's not Policing, it's imperialism.

Potato, Potahto

new topics

<< 1   >>

join