It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers Steal South Korean War Plans- 700k troops?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Hackers Steal South Korean War Plans- 700k troops?

www.dailytech.com

The plans are said to include an out­line of Seoul’s and Washington’s strat­egy in the event of war on the Korean Peninsula housed in an 11-page document called OPLAN 5027 used to brief military officials.

This doc­u­ment included details of mil­i­tary oper­a­tions involv­ing South Korean and U.S. troops should North Korea con­duct a pre-emptive strike or attempt to invade South Korea. One source stated that the doc­u­ment included details about the 700,000 US troops that would be used in the event of a full-scale war. It is also thought to include a list of tar­gets in No
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Wow, so the US would send 700,000 troops to protect South Korea? That's 0.2% of our population and 1.4% of South Korea's population.

Are they afraid of North Korea or China?

If China gets involved 700,000 would not be enough.

If the US is able to fend off North Korea or take it, will the Koreas be a base of operations for Americans?

www.dailytech.com

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Wow, good find, I am honestly not that surprised, Obama just sent 30,000 into Afghan, why not go somewhere else to thin out the population.

S&F and i hope things work out for the best.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
If there would be a conventional war 700000 sounds ok. In first Korean war against much weaker North Koreans US used almost 500000 man. North Korean army is 5th largest in the world as far as manpower goes.
And i am sure option of Chinese involvement this time too is not overlooked.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
persian gulf war we used 500,000 so its not surprising to think wed use that much if a conventional war broke out on the korean peninsula... its alot of troops, alot of troops we dotnt have right now so im assuming this oplan is old and outdated given the fact we have a couple hundred thousand in iraq and afghanistan.. the us would be so vulnerable to attack itd be insane..

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
as far as high-tech weaponery being used...it requires electronics, and electronics can be taken out by an EMP explosion loaded on a short range missle, fired into the air in proximity to the battle being waged...it took me less than a minute to find intructions on how to build a simple EMP device on the web...and all it would take is more money, and a little more sophisticated engineering to knock out millions of dollars of electronic gear, located on the ground and in the air...and no...every piece of equipment is NOT shielded properly.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

If the US is able to fend off North Korea or take it, will the Koreas be a base of operations for Americans?

There would be Hell if this snake pit got activated. Take North Korea? I can not even imagine what that would look like, but I do not think any sane person would attempt such a thing

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It would be another good draft opportunity, and we all know how the masons love to de-populate.

P.L.U.R. - Peace. Love. Unity. Respect.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
There are contingency plans for every hot spot in the world. Their existence and discovery of them doe not in any way mean a war is impending.

The North Korea concern is psychologically winding down. The Chinese reluctantly supply NK with enough food and fuel to survive. They do this mainly because they don't want 20 Million starving riot creating people coming in. They already have enough problems.

Thw world sits and waits while North Korea dies of natural causes. The hope is there will some spontaneous uprising from within to oust the deplorable Kim and his heir son. We all just have to worry something is done with their supposed nuclear arsenal.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the military presence. On paper a large standing army. Not enough fuel reserves in the country to go a week with tanks and jeeps.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The number does not surprise me. In a full on war there are serveral hundred thousand troops doing behind the scenes things, supply lines and such. Even though the DPRK has a rather impressive standing military force. I just don't think they would be able to sustain a full scale war. This doesn't mean that a war wouldn't be very bloody on both sides, I just think that in the end they would not be able to keep up without support from China, which they had last time. China may not be so eager to help them now that they are nuclear, which is a bone of contention for China. China also has a much larger interest in the U.S. nowdays.

What DOES surprise me is here again we have information being "leaked" by hackers. I am far more concerned that these recent hacks will lead to tighter internet restrictions, and I actually wonder if we might be seeing some false flags here.

Side note to Quikfix I haven't heard PLUR since my raving days, makes me smile

[edit on 12/26/2009 by AlienChaser]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The 700,000 troops are support troops. They support other combat infantry.

It's quite easy to do a hack like that, just long and laborious to prepare it.

Although, after doing some reading I have came to my own conclusion that this is pure propaganda. NK is a NWO target, and TPTB will use every method to demonize NK. Western-world governments claim NK also have nukes, big deal America has more nukes, more chess pieces to play with than NK will ever have.

I think there is something in NK other than WMD's that TPTB want, maybe an ancient relic, or maybe scientists that they would wish to capture to reverse engineer some form of recovered technology from China.

All I can say is, when is the military going to stop using Microsoft Windows?

UNIX FTW

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

You can be sure the US is alarmed.
During the Korean conflict, China sent a half million troops over the North Korean border.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Lacenaire

During the Korean conflict, China sent a half million troops over the North Korean border.

That was then, China was attempting to give us another Vietnam similar to what the USSR did.

This is now, China only mildly supports the DPRK and is very concerned that they are now nuclear. I would not expect China to back (at least openly) North Korea should anything escalate. I should also mention that any military action in the region is highly unlikely.

It has already been mentioned, but I am sure there are military plans for nearly any situation imaginable by the pentagon. Again I must say that I am much more concerned about the "hacking" of such information, "climategate" and now this will be used by the powers as an excuse to restrict the free internet in the name of security.

~As a side note, sign the ATS anonymously sponsored free web petition and activism information website here Keep Our Web Free

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
700k troops is perfect for fighting . . . just hope if it happens, we do not stay to police.

That is what kills us.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
700k troops is perfect for fighting . . . just hope if it happens, we do not stay to police.

That is what kills us.

It's not Policing, it's imperialism.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienChaser

That was then, China was attempting to give us another Vietnam similar to what the USSR did.
But...wait. Wasnt Korea before Vietnam?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This sounds like a welcome mat layed in place by the military officer who used the usb device. Also, from personal experience one has to "allow" the switch to take place when navigating from a secure network onto a public domain. Also, there should have been security in place to prevent a hacker from hacking into the network from the public domain (internet). This sounds like a planned event to me.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
North Korea is within easy range of Alaska and Guam.
Heavy bombers with precision guided bombs will take a large toll on the north.

Add to that incoming cruse missiles and anti ship missile.

Then we have air superiority since nearly all of North Korea's aircraft inventory consists of aging and obsolete Soviet and Chinese aircraft,

And most of there ships will become scrap from our air to ship missiles as they try to leave port.

The only problem might be from there sub force and its short range.
this can be taken care of by US sub hunter air craft from japan.

Its not like they can hide from the eyes in the sky.
virtualglobetrotting.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

Originally posted by cavscout

Originally posted by AlienChaser

But...wait. Wasnt Korea before Vietnam?

Indeed it was. What was I thinking

I think the idea I was getting at is sound but please forgive my apparent Christmas "hangover"

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day

Wow, so the US would send 700,000 troops to protect South Korea? That's 0.2% of our population and 1.4% of South Korea's population.

Are they afraid of North Korea or China?

If China gets involved 700,000 would not be enough.

www.dailytech.com

We would lose a war with N. Korea. It is that simple.

The 700,000 are to defend S. Korea.

Invading N. Korea would be suicide. They have extensive underground facilities that can withstand nuclear weapons, and a giant amount of resources buried, all over the place.

Look at N. Korea on google earth if you get a chance. You can see trains that go into the side of mountains, plain as day.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join